Antianxiety NON-DROWSY med
    klopper22 is offline Member

Default Antianxiety NON-DROWSY med

Is there an antianxiety med that WORKS and won't cause drowsiness like benzos?

erinkj is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up Klopper

Quote Originally Posted by klopper22 View Post
    Is there an antianxiety med that WORKS and won't cause drowsiness like benzos?
    Sorry but, the answer is no. All anti-anxiety meds list drowsiness/sleepiness as a potential side effect. That is not to say that all will effect you that way. In my experience, vallium caused the least drowsiness..hope this helps...Peace...Erin

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Erin is correct as valium has the longest half life of all benzos. Xanax is the fastest working with a half life of about 6-12 hours. Valium is the slowest but longest acting. They all make most people drowsy.

You could try something like kava or valerian root which is natural, cheap, you can get it at any walmart pharmacy. Take it as needed within reason. Hope it helps some. It's not the same as a benzo, but it helps me SOME. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

mp29 is offline New Member

i agree they all have that tendency. sometimes it goes away. i no longer am tired from my klonopin. good luck

mary