addicted to roxys..:/
    ketchupandpizza is offline New Member

Default addicted to roxys..:/

well, here i go. finally coming out with the fact that i am addicted to roxys. to the public, at least. i have kept it a secret for a good 6-8 months or so..i guess i will start from the beginning..i always really enjoyed percosets..i would eat them and chill out. i moved down to ????in florida and ended up addicted to roxys. i was warned, haha. i always stayed away fromthem cause i saw what they do. i was actually looking for percs and all i was able to find was roxys so i got one. i loved it. i would buy one every few days or so. it wasnt an on going thing..i would buy 1 30mg and i would make it last..1 pill would last me 2 days..i would jus kinda chill out in my room and watch movies and break a piece off and snort it. needless to say, it became an everyday thing, and my tolerance went up. it got bad, but not completely out of control. i am still working but all my freakin money goes to this ????. i cant do it anymore..the thing with me and these things is, i never ever did them during the day. im a night owl..i do them when imdone with work and all my stuff. then i hang out inmy room and do them and watch movies and draw..im glad i kept it a night thing for the reason being that im only at 1 a night. i have never done more then 1 in 24 hours..but all day i cant wait toget home and do it..i reached the point where i know i cant be doing it anymore..its currently 6am and im gettinready topass out soon..(these things ????ed my sleep schedule up like you wouldnt believe) i talked to my pill guy and he got me subs. im picking up 3. i have a couple friends who also recently got clean off them with subs. they said they helped tremendously. the part that worries me, is that it became routine. i know i can kick the physical thing..but the mental thing will suck. i am moving out on june 1 so i know it will be easier for me caus ei wont be in this room and doing nothing. i became such a hermit. i havent gone out somewhere aside from work in maybe 3-4 months..i have friends always asking me to come out and hang with them but i always think of an excuse..its depressing..ive lived down here about a year and i cant go out and meet new people cause of my ????ing addiction..aghhh..ive been laying here for the past couple of hours reading these forums and im pretty scared. i see more what these things do to people..this is when ???? really hits me..when imlaying here at night and thinking about everything..how im broke cause of them, how its ????ing up my relationship with my mom, interfering with my performance at work, killed my social life..and of course the big one, i got myself addicted to roxycodone. i never ever thought this would happen to me. its completely out of my character no one would ever expect it if they found out. a few people know, friends that i had before the addiction that also got hooked along the way..a couple exes..and my dealers..so yeah, we will see what happens with these subs. and maybe this forum will also help me a bit..i sure can use the support..thank you for reading..

-emil

Anonymous Guest

Hi KP
    just wanted to let you know we are here for you..you can do this... post and let us know how we can help !!!
    talk to you soon, Melinda

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupandpizza View Post
    well, here i go. finally coming out with the fact that i am addicted to roxys. to the public, at least. i have kept it a secret for a good 6-8 months or so..i guess i will start from the beginning..i always really enjoyed percosets..i would eat them and chill out. i moved down to ????in florida and ended up addicted to roxys. i was warned, haha. i always stayed away fromthem cause i saw what they do. i was actually looking for percs and all i was able to find was roxys so i got one. i loved it. i would buy one every few days or so. it wasnt an on going thing..i would buy 1 30mg and i would make it last..1 pill would last me 2 days..i would jus kinda chill out in my room and watch movies and break a piece off and snort it. needless to say, it became an everyday thing, and my tolerance went up. it got bad, but not completely out of control. i am still working but all my freakin money goes to this ????. i cant do it anymore..the thing with me and these things is, i never ever did them during the day. im a night owl..i do them when imdone with work and all my stuff. then i hang out inmy room and do them and watch movies and draw..im glad i kept it a night thing for the reason being that im only at 1 a night. i have never done more then 1 in 24 hours..but all day i cant wait toget home and do it..i reached the point where i know i cant be doing it anymore..its currently 6am and im gettinready topass out soon..(these things ????ed my sleep schedule up like you wouldnt believe) i talked to my pill guy and he got me subs. im picking up 3. i have a couple friends who also recently got clean off them with subs. they said they helped tremendously. the part that worries me, is that it became routine. i know i can kick the physical thing..but the mental thing will suck. i am moving out on june 1 so i know it will be easier for me caus ei wont be in this room and doing nothing. i became such a hermit. i havent gone out somewhere aside from work in maybe 3-4 months..i have friends always asking me to come out and hang with them but i always think of an excuse..its depressing..ive lived down here about a year and i cant go out and meet new people cause of my ????ing addiction..aghhh..ive been laying here for the past couple of hours reading these forums and im pretty scared. i see more what these things do to people..this is when ???? really hits me..when imlaying here at night and thinking about everything..how im broke cause of them, how its ????ing up my relationship with my mom, interfering with my performance at work, killed my social life..and of course the big one, i got myself addicted to roxycodone. i never ever thought this would happen to me. its completely out of my character no one would ever expect it if they found out. a few people know, friends that i had before the addiction that also got hooked along the way..a couple exes..and my dealers..so yeah, we will see what happens with these subs. and maybe this forum will also help me a bit..i sure can use the support..thank you for reading..

-emil

Emil ..... three subs are only going to get you through the initial opiate detox. What then? You need more subs and time to do this right, to allow a little time for your brain receptors to heal properly. Here is a link to how I've done this here on the forum with people for years. Probably at least a thousand people have used this process successfully. Let me know if I can help you. I was taking 30 30mg roxies a day and over 100 pills of some kind daily when I stopped almost nine years ago. Still clean today! Used 35 years, so I know where you are right now. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

disabledleo is offline Member

Default Listen to Robert

My advise to you is to read up on what ROBERT posted & he will be waiting to step in if & when you are ready.... Good luck & yes you can do it but will need help which you have found just let it happen & it will not be as bad as it could be.
    GOOD LUCK

Tony Starx is offline Junior Member

If I can not do anything else I want to offer you encouragement! I am on day 5 of Roxy withdrawal. I was injured pretty bad while serving in Iraq. I was taking up to 170mg everyday, for about a 8 months. I can relate to everything in your post. It steals your soul! I lost my beautiful girlfriend because of these pills. I almost lost my job. So i made the choice to stop! The main thing is to keep telling yourself that it doesent last for ever..I am proof that it can be done. Im feeling better and better everyday..Im going back to work tomorrow and never looking back. Check out the Thomas Recipe, it does help..I followed it to the letter except for the benzos. My doctor would not perscribe them to me. Your doing a great thing! Stay strong..If you have any questions just let me know.

Tony

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Emil ..... The Thomas Recipe is great. If you choose to go that route here it is for you. If you hadn't already gone through the subs I would have said the same thing as Tony just posted. It's your call. Lots of people have been successful using the Thomas Recipe and it would lighten your symptoms during this time. Hope that helps. God bless.

The Thomas Recipe - For Opiate Withdrawal
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this reading the board, but decided to post it again for those who haven't found it and for all us "newbies". Peace and good luck to all of those here stuggling with addicition.

"PLEASE NOTE: I am not a doctor, simply a long-time Rx opiate junkie who has had many opportunities to develop a way to detox. This is a recipe for at-home self-detox from opiates based on my experience as well as that of many other addicts. It is not intended as professional medical advice. It is always wise to make sure none of the recipe ingredients or procedures conflict with medications you may be taking. Likewise, if you have any medical condition, disease, allergy or any other health issue, consult your doctor before using the recipe. Thanks, Thomas

THOMAS RECIPE
    If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it.

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.

Thomas"
    Last edited by Robert_325; 04-19-2011 at 04:46 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

RZO
    RZO is offline New Member

I'm going through the same thing. Although my situation is a bit different, I'm still in the same boat. I'm trying my best to get clean, and it's not easy. I wish you luck, and give you my support.

wow thank you everybody, i really really appreciate all the feedback..so i bought suboxone today..its actually a funny story..i called the dude who usually sold me blues..hes real bad on them, takes 13 a day..total dick and cant understand what he says most of the time..he should be an anti drug itself..but i spoke to him a couple months ago asking about subs and his voice automatically cleared up and said how its no problem and can get me them and how i will go nowhere in life and how i should raelly stop taking them..giving me a real heart to heart, ha..we met today at like a park bythe water with this beautiful view and him and his gf roll up and sat with me for over an hour giving me a step by step tutorial on how to take them (theyare the strips) he showed me how to with a little piece of paper, and when to take them..explaining how i will go nowhere in life and how this is a great thing that im doing..told me to take them and call him after every dose and tell him how i feel..and if i get cravings to call him and he will walk me through it..this was all as they are smoking weed and pill bottles fallin outa his pockets makin drug deals over the phone..ha. it was very funny and akward but it was one of the nicest things anyone has done for me in a while..it was very cool how they really took their time to try to help me.

i took my last blue tonight..i had a few and i had decided that its finally time a couple days ago when i set up to meet with him today. i start detox tomorrow. i have a few friends who also recently got clean..they told me the subs really helped them and that they are miracles..my dealer told me today how the pill form have a little cross onthem and how he thinks they are a "gift from god".

my addiction has started and developed within the past 6-8 months. i never gone over 30mg a day. and i only used at night time when igot home from work..him and my friends explained to me that detox is hard, but due to my mild use it wont be so bad..i know it will be tough once i am clean jus cause its always so easy to get them and how people relapse due to boredom. im really trying to into this with a positive attitude..i really really hope this works out. i took roxy tonight and i feel that its def time. i feel dull and tired..just not good overall. it def feels good, i love doing them. i know alot of people do..but i realize, (how my dealer says) i will get nowhere..i miss going out and seeing friends and having fun once in a while. i miss having a life..

i might have already mentioned, i am moving out in june and getting a place..i know 100% that will help me tremendously..i will not be sitting here at my desk in the same routine..it will be a new change.

again i really REALLY appreciate everyones support..thats so ????ing cool of you guys..i will keep you all posted every night how my detoxing goes.

just a quick update to throw in..all my blues are gone..i also had a little cap full of straw leftovers that collected over the months..i swallowed a little bit but then i threw the rest in the trash..and i took my straw that i used for 8 months and i burned it.

thekid0138 is offline Member

Default i know how you feel

hey this is the kid im in wisconsin i also am addicted to perc roxi pretty bad if you want to read my forum it has made 2 of my friends kill themselfe in the last 9 months so i know what you are going through i startedtakeing 1or2 ten mg percs a day 4-5 years ago now im takeing in between 400-800 mg of codone a day depends what can get my hands on so you are only gona get worse if you dont stop now please im asking you do it for yourself you will be much happier these pills make you not wana do anything but them and they have ruined my life as i sit here ready to get evicted in 10 days and doesnt even bother me im more worried that i will have enough meds to feel like helping to move my stuff its so sick but its the truth im gona have surgery soon so hope then i can get off them after that good luck if you want message me i have alot of advice if you would like to hear it ttyl good luck the kid

eveeca is offline New Member

Default Im going thru the same thing

Im going thru the same thing and i wanna kick the habit and its hard im doing it alone any help pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!