addicted to pain killers
    nizerstein is offline Junior Member

Default addicted to pain killers

I got some for my shoulder and this grew in to a huge addiction. I have weaned my self down to 100 mil a day over the past week. Does anyone have any advice as to how to stay the course without falling back into using 10 60 mil tablets a day? Also, what other kinds of behaivior does pain killer addiction cause? I feel paranoid and do not trust anyone while on them. Thanks for any advice and help to keep off them.

Nizer

ishepherdu is offline Junior Member

Default Niz

You must enjoy the euphoric dependency, to quit opiates is for the serious of heart. I suggest you continue your withdrawal at safe intervals. Take it as prescribed, and if you still feel pain in your shoulder- Consider obtaining a second opinion from a orthopedic doctor. If I were you, I would wean myself off the high doses, and take 1 60mg tablet a day.

I take prescribed vicodin but I take small amounts and they help me with my mood swings. I wish you good health, good luck

nizerstein is offline Junior Member

Default Thanks

i fell backwards today but will not take more than 60 mil tommorrow. I am trying so hard to stop. My body seems to be ok as long as I take at least 60 mil if I dont it makes me crazy. I really think reading what everyone else is doing and how they are coping is really helping me. I just wish I could think of something else other than the damn pills.
    Nizer

Quote Originally Posted by ishepherdu View Post
    You must enjoy the euphoric dependency, to quit opiates is for the serious of heart. I suggest you continue your withdrawal at safe intervals. Take it as prescribed, and if you still feel pain in your shoulder- Consider obtaining a second opinion from a orthopedic doctor. If I were you, I would wean myself off the high doses, and take 1 60mg tablet a day.

I take prescribed vicodin but I take small amounts and they help me with my mood swings. I wish you good health, good luck

waismann is offline New Member

100mlgs of what kind of pain killer?

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

That's my question too.What are abusing???? Trying to cut down when you're addicted is usually a lost cause.If you have an addiction then you need to address it with a medical professional.The chances of quiting all by yourself is almost nil.Get to a doctor and explain your problem.A 100mgs of any opiate isn't a huge problem unless your taking fentanyl or hydromorphone....Good luck....Dave