• 1 Post By thekid0138
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By thekid0138
  • 1 Post By thekid0138
  • 1 Post By Bad Back
addicted to oxy codone 2 deaths friends
    thekid0138 is offline Member

Question addicted to oxy codone 2 deaths friends

i am 30 years old with the arthritsi of a 70 year old and have had one surgey already and am getting ready for another back and also neck surgery i get from the doctor 180 15 mg oxycodone per month and also 180 10/325 from another doc and they last me for about a week and then im out buying them on the streets which i know alot of people to get them from but its not fun when im low on meds i can take alot less and be ok nut when have 2 full bottles they just go as fast as i can eat snort or watever i can do to get rid of them as fast as possible i feel better when im low on pills because then i know i wont take as many it sounds dumb but it how i think i have had 2 friends commit sucide in past 9 months because of these pills and somedays it seems like the easyiest way out because i do need them for pain but not to abuse them like i do i am open for any advice please help i appreciate it i can take between 400-500 mg of codone a day and never od my tolerance is through the roof its just i have no self control thats why im here for advice thank you in advance
    shelbyk70 likes this.

iI AM NEW TO THIS POSTING BUT HAVE BEEN READING ON HERE FOR ALMOST A YEAR AND ALOT OF PEOPLE SEEM TO HAVE GOOD INFORMATION SO WAS HOPEING MAYBE SOMEONE MIGHT HAVE AN IDEA FOR ME I DONT WANT TO BE LIKE MY 2 FRIENDS AND ALSO DONT WANT TO SUFFER FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE THANK YOU TO ALL ]i am 30 years old with the arthritsi of a 70 year old and have had one surgey already and am getting ready for another back and also neck surgery i get from the doctor 180 15 mg oxycodone per month and also 180 10/325 from another doc and they last me for about a week and then im out buying them on the streets which i know alot of people to get them from but its not fun when im low on meds i can take alot less and be ok nut when have 2 full bottles they just go as fast as i can eat snort or watever i can do to get rid of them as fast as possible i feel better when im low on pills because then i know i wont take as many it sounds dumb but it how i think i have had 2 friends commit sucide in past 9 months because of these pills and somedays it seems like the easyiest way out because i do need them for pain but not to abuse them like i do i am open for any advice please help i appreciate it i can take between 400-500 mg of codone a day and never od my tolerance is through the roof its just i have no self control thats why im here for advice thank you in advance[/QUOTE]

Default Thought this was to help people

I have been sitting up all nite hopeing that someone would reply to me to maybe give me a step in the right direction someone that has been through what i am going through so any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated thank you
    shelbyk70 likes this.

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

Well I'm gonna be honest with you, trying to get drug free with an upcoming surgery and arthritis doesn't sound to promising. It sounds like you may need them, obviously only about 20% of what you're currently taking though. Do you have a girlfriend/wife/mother/brother/sister who could possibly dispense them for you? You really only need 1 of those bottles and really not even that much, but unless you can muster up the self control, which most addicts can't you need to find someone to help keep you on the correct dose. I don't know what kind of quack doctor would pump out that many pills for arthritis but that is ridiculous.
    shelbyk70 likes this.

Default its alot

i know it is alot of pills but have been on them for over for years and have a very bad back and also a bad neck with a shoulder and elbow surgery already done with neck and back gona be coming soon so that why dont know how to go about this sitouation to get myself down so that they will actually work the way that they are supposed to without takeing so many of them that is my problem im trying to get advice on thanks again
    shelbyk70 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Kid.....
    Hearing you here. I was on a high dose of fentanyl patches and had become tolerant. It was for legitimate reasons that I was on them, but when you become tolerant it's a miserable, horrible, awful, despairing place to be, no matter the reason you got there. I was going into constant detox all the time. I was so horribly miserable that I finally jumped off the patches.
    Once I was off all the opiates, I found that my "real pain" was nothing compared to the pain caused by the opiates. I truly never knew that opiates literally create pain themselves.
    I understand why....if a person thought there was no way out....the total despair would get to them, well, I would do what I did b4 I ever did something like your friends.
    I'm sure you are miserable and scared.
    In order to jump off the merry go round, you need to get off the opiates to find out your true pain level. Relatively speaking you will be shocked, that it's much less than when on opiates and tolerant!
    Since you have surgery coming up.....you can't go the sub route unless the surgery is not for a few months????
    Going CT isn't fun.....but you can do it......lots and lots of us have.
    Do you already have the links for the sub induction and also the link for the Thomas recipe if you go CT?
    If not I will be glad to post them for you.
    After you get off the opiates....with your doctor's help....or not.....you then need to re-evaluate your pain level then make a plan with your doctor.....you don't want to become tolerant again.
    If you go to a stronger opiate you will just get to the same place again and it will be even harder to detox.
    Hope this helps.
    If you have more questions, please, just ask. If you need the links I spoke of let me know.
    Best to you!
    Marian
    shelbyk70 likes this.

Default yes would like the thomas method also posted in the question area also

jan and sweetlemon i really appreciate your advice and your concern with my problem sorry it took so long to respond we had an accident my son was playing and he feel out of a tree it was between 15 and 20 feet so had to take him to er since he is only 5 years old and i love him so much that is the only thing that really makes me wana live because of him i stopped drinking alchol 3 years ago because i also was a very heavy drinker for 10 years military made me do that lol but enough about that yes i think i do need a long acting as heve got a few from friends at time to time and then i needed much less of the ir oxy and it helped alot more with pain relief i am at a pain clinic but very hard to see the doctor always have to see the pa-c and they are very hard to get to change your meds i do have appointment with the doc on may15 for the final diskogram befor surgery and that when gona try to get an er and less of the ir so hope that will help and for the other that responded i dont think you can judge a person by one posting i do think i have some depression because i am out of work have some finical problems and also with my girlfriend of 8 years but alot of the problems come from the pills and spending alot of our money on them doesnt help the sitouation obviously it is now take them when mad sad happy its like smoking cigs there is always a reason to take a pill and then being that i do have alot of pain that also doent help so i will take your advice and hope can maybe get a change of meds respnd back all this i think will really help me with my problems i appreciate all of you takeing time out to care enough about me talk to you guys later and I DONT WANT TO END UP LIKE MY FRIENDS THAT IS WHY I AM HERE TO THE ONE PERSON THAT SAID THAT IS WHAT I WANT OBVIOUSLY I DONT THAT WHY TRYING TO GET HELP YOU DONT EVEN KNOW

http://www.drugs.com/answers/wat-do-...se-392243.html
    shelbyk70 likes this.

Default marian thank you

yes i know what you mean yhey do make your pain worse with the meds so if you could post those llinks for the ideas that you have it would be great and i will use them as soon as i can but im probably gona have the surgery in about 4-6 weeks so defiently not gona go through that again with no meds this will be my second back surgey and also have had elbow nerve surgey and then in next 6 months will have my neck done with surgery also and the arthritis doctor im trying to get into has almost a year waiting list there are not many in town so that is another problem but my main goal is to hopefully get off the oxycodone and maybe go on methadone that help alot for pain and you dont get a buzz from them at least that what i have heard since i will need to be on some type of meds more than likely the rest of my life i am on social security so its not a bunch of bs i am in bad shape and do need meds its just i dont need the amount i am takeing thats why i wonder how i can control my pain that i have and not take tons of pills for rest of my life at least to the degree that i am abusing them i just want to be normal thats all and if have to tolerate a bit of pain willing to do that but not the pain thats so bad i cant walk wwith no meds at all i tried that and have stopped pills completly not a single pill for 5 days one time and 4 days another so i can do it but its the mental part that i know if take the pill ill feel much better no pain and then i go rite back to same old ways agter a week or so can do good for few days and take as perscribed but then go nuts just wish was way to not do that let me know what you think marian thanks in advance
    shelbyk70 likes this.

Bad Back is offline New Member

Kid,
    I hate to think what all those pills are doing to your insides. I know a guy who was snorting Oxy and drinking. He died in November because it screwed up his pancreas. 60 years old. I have had two back fusions, three jaw surgeries, and I am also on disability. But I made up my mind to come off the drugs because I thought they were making me feel worse than I already did. There is truth to rebound pain from the pain pills. I actually think my pain is less now that I am off the Oxycontin. It will never be gone but I can tolerate it if I pace myself. I have other bad levels in my back and they want to do more surgery. I am trying to hold off because I know that would mean more drugs. UGGH! Withdrawals are not for the weak and I used to think I was a pretty strong person but somedays are still horrible. One good thing is I can now think with a clear mind instead of being in a fog. The shaky feeling drives me insane. I can't imagine that it lasts this long but it does. I think the Oxycontin might have messed with my nerve endings. I don't shake but I just feel like I am shaking from the inside out, if that makes sense? I don't sleep over a few hours a night, never nap, and very wired. My doctor says she don't know how I function but I figure it is nervous energy. Whatever it is....it sucks!
    Take Care,
    BB
    shelbyk70 likes this.