ADDICT
    tennlady9598 is offline Member

Default ADDICT

Well, I guess I will start by saying that I started getting tramadol after 2 back surgeries, and now I am heavily addicted. I am about to get my last refillof 120 which will last me about a week, I just wanted to talk to someone who has been through the withdrawals and done ok. Or someone who knows what i may be able to realistically ask for and get to help ease the withdrawals because i am pretty sure my Dr. not refill again, he thinks im addicted DUH he kept writing the damn prescriptions. Any experiences welcome or thoughts or helpful advice!!!!! Thanks so much

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

You should seek the help of your doctor or a addiction doctor.Although tramadol is not a narcotic it acts on the same mu receptors as morphine so withdrawl can be pretty severe.Cold turkey is a brave way to go but almost always ends in failure.You need to have some sort of support system to fall back on.I would stay away from methadone as it's a little out of your league which really is a good thing.Buprenorphene is tailor made for your type of addiction.Go to www.suboxone.com and there you will find a doctor locator as only doctors who take an 8hr course can prescribe buprenorphene.Get a list of doctors in your area and start calling for an app.Buprenorphene will eliminate all your withdrawls and you will not have any cravings.After 2-3 weeks you can wean off the buprenorphene and start your new life.Good luck.....Dave