ADD/ADHD Help ... What to do?
    KiGhost is offline New Member

Default ADD/ADHD Help ... What to do?

Hello there,

I came here hoping that someone can provide me with some sort of answers to the questions that I need help with. For years I was diagnosed with clinical depression sometimes being labeled Bi-Polar, and though I know that I have not gone to medical school, and that the doctors know more than me, I know that I have been mislabeled throughout my entire (the past 18 years of my life) life.

Somewhere along the way I was prescribed Adderrall to help with an insomnia problem, though I did not take much of it. After doing research about off label treatments for depression and ADHD + Depression mimicking symptoms of Bi-Polar disorder I decided to use my left over adderrall to see how it would help me to function and see if it would make my life any better.

Guess what? Being able to function and sit still and concentrate and deconstruct each of life's little problems made a big difference in how I felt about 'life' and for the 3 weeks that I had left over adderrall I was the most functional and performed the 'best' I had in years.

My crux. I am a recovering drug addict (1 yr 8 mo remission). I never in my life have abused any sort of amphetamine or done cocaine or done any sort of 'speed' that was not prescribed for me. I was self medicating with those horrible opiates and smoking a lot of weed. BTW, I think it is important to note here that 2 different psychologists suggested that I be put on a stimulant 1 of those pre drug addicted me, the other post drug addicted me (the problem here is those doctors are 3,000 miles away). I have now gone to 3 different doctors and have been completely honest with each of them. I have spent considerable time with each of these doctors and have tried their other 20 'front line' depression and bi-polar medications, and NONE of them work.

I can understand the reluctance to prescribe a schedule 2 narcotic to an ex-drug addict, but once again -- I HAVE NEVER ABUSED ANY SORT OF UPPER (in fact in my grimier not so proud years I had a good time spot rushing coke and meth dealers) IN MY LIFE.

Can someone out there suggest anything that I might do? Is there any TRULY legal and or safe way to have an on-line health-care provider handle this for me? PLEASE any advice is most appreciated.

Thanks.

Ki

erinkj is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KiGhost View Post
    Hello there,

I came here hoping that someone can provide me with some sort of answers to the questions that I need help with. For years I was diagnosed with clinical depression sometimes being labeled Bi-Polar, and though I know that I have not gone to medical school, and that the doctors know more than me, I know that I have been mislabeled throughout my entire (the past 18 years of my life) life.

Somewhere along the way I was prescribed Adderrall to help with an insomnia problem, though I did not take much of it. After doing research about off label treatments for depression and ADHD + Depression mimicking symptoms of Bi-Polar disorder I decided to use my left over adderrall to see how it would help me to function and see if it would make my life any better.

Guess what? Being able to function and sit still and concentrate and deconstruct each of life's little problems made a big difference in how I felt about 'life' and for the 3 weeks that I had left over adderrall I was the most functional and performed the 'best' I had in years.

My crux. I am a recovering drug addict (1 yr 8 mo remission). I never in my life have abused any sort of amphetamine or done cocaine or done any sort of 'speed' that was not prescribed for me. I was self medicating with those horrible opiates and smoking a lot of weed. BTW, I think it is important to note here that 2 different psychologists suggested that I be put on a stimulant 1 of those pre drug addicted me, the other post drug addicted me (the problem here is those doctors are 3,000 miles away). I have now gone to 3 different doctors and have been completely honest with each of them. I have spent considerable time with each of these doctors and have tried their other 20 'front line' depression and bi-polar medications, and NONE of them work.

I can understand the reluctance to prescribe a schedule 2 narcotic to an ex-drug addict, but once again -- I HAVE NEVER ABUSED ANY SORT OF UPPER (in fact in my grimier not so proud years I had a good time spot rushing coke and meth dealers) IN MY LIFE.

Can someone out there suggest anything that I might do? Is there any TRULY legal and or safe way to have an on-line health-care provider handle this for me? PLEASE any advice is most appreciated.

Thanks.

Ki
    Have you tried Stratera?