3 part question about anti-anxiety/panic attack meds
    AngryBunneh is offline New Member

Default 3 part question about anti-anxiety/panic attack meds

I get really really bad panic attacks and was on Klonopin 1mg 4 times a day which stopped working (I've been on Klonopin since 2004). My psych doc put me on Xanax 1mg 4 times a day which didn't seem to help at all (This was only for a month.) Well he stopped me cold turkey and put me on Valium 5mg 4 times a day. Now the valium doesn't seem to be working and it almost seems like its making things worse, also I'm having withdrawl symptoms from the Xanax. So my questions are: 1. How long do this horrible withdrawl symptoms from Xanax usually last? 2. Can the valium not be working right because of the Xanax? 3. Should I just get back on Klonopin and see if they'll just up the dosage?
    Thanks for any help!
    ~J

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

Xanax is more of an instant release quick fix for anxiety and shouldn't have been given at that dosage, especially to replace Klonopin. I would ask if you could just go back to Klonopin like you suggested. Withdrawal from about a month of use, maybe a week or so? Shouldn't be to bad considering you're still taking anti anxiety meds

nothappynow is offline New Member

You wont be going through withdrawl from any of those meds if you are going from one to another... because they are all benzos.... you are just going from one benzo to another, your body doesnt know the difference..... its like going from percocet, to vicodin, in the same dosages... you wont go into withdrawl because your body is still getting the same drug- opiates... and in your case, benzos. did I explain that correctly? i know i really didnt answer your question, but I just wanted you to not worry about going into withdrawl, because alll those meds are the same class....good luck!!! I know its hard....