Like Tree1Likes
11 days to taper, then off Oxycontin
    Fukeneh is offline New Member

Default 11 days to taper, then off Oxycontin

I've been on Oxycontin for the past 3 years. I've had 3 back operations with no success. I've come to the point where I need to stop and see if this is really what I need. I have been taking 3-6 80mg a day. I have cut back and so far only taken 1 today. I want to use this thread as a journal over the next 15-20 days. My goal is to cut back as much as possible until the 20th and then stop. I am going to do the Thamas Recipe. I am going to make a doctors app this week to try and get some Valium. I bought some L-Tyrosine 500, B6, Magnesium 250mg, mens one daily, and imodium and ibuprofen. Is there anything else I might need?

Well I've have to take half an 80. But even with that it is less than I was expecting to take today. My goal is to try to get to one 80 a day as fast as possible. I'm hoping the W/d's will be less severe that way. I know it's going to suck, but it has to be done.

Anonymous Guest

I been there done this one...Oh it is no fun if you need to talk im here
    Melinda

Thanks. I know I'm going to need a lot of help to get through it. The W/d's will start in a little over a week and a half, but the mental part starts today. Funny how you can always talk yourself into taking extras. Beating that little voice is going to be the hardest part for me.

Anonymous Guest

do you have to go to work or can you stay home for a little while... I quit my oxycontin and did a taper with vics... I tried to go c/t of all the drugs i was on and OH man
    so I say taper is the way to go !!!

Default 10 days

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    do you have to go to work or can you stay home for a little while... I quit my oxycontin and did a taper with vics... I tried to go c/t of all the drugs i was on and OH man
    so I say taper is the way to go !!!
    I am tapering as much as I can. The kids are going to grandmas for two weeks, so this is the best time to just do it. Im going to take my last dose on the wednesday night, work thursday, then call in friday and maybe monday. I'm really scared, but I have to do it for my family. I've been taking them for so long, I'm not sure what pain is real and what is the meds. So far today I've taken half of an 80mg.
    Last edited by Fukeneh; 07-10-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fukeneh View Post
    I am tapering as much as I can. The kids are going to grandmas for two weeks, so this is the best time to just do it. I'm going to take my last dose on the wednesday night, work thursday, then call in friday and maybe monday. I'm really scared, but I have to do it for my family. I've been taking them for so long, I'm not sure what pain is real and what is the meds. So far today I've taken half of an 80mg.
    well if you can keep it at that, you would be at about 8 5mg percs a day... so just think of it like your going to have the flu for a few days ...
    I will talk you thru it... I have been there ... but you know what !!! after it is over you will NEVER have to do it again !!! In a week from now your going to be saying why didn't I do this a long time ago !!!!

Well I made it though today. Ended up taking one 80mg oxy and two 10/325 percs. Plus a glass of red wine. I'm happy with that. If I can do that for the next few days, then maybe I can get down to one 80, or half in a few days.
    Last edited by Fukeneh; 07-10-2011 at 08:17 PM.

jaypbarb666 is offline Member

Hydration is extremely important for anything and everything. For some reason a lot of people who quit using start loading on energy drinks all day. BAD IDEA. Staying hydrated will help with digestion and help your stomach along (and having diarhea from withdrawals causes a lot of water loss from your organs) and keep your muscles and bones from getting cramps and keeps you from getting headaches. Water is just so important in many ways and will help move the toxins out of your body quicker. A lot of people would feel much better from many of their withdrawal symptoms just by staying hydrated. Have tall glasses of water when you wake up, before, during and after eating, throughout the day and before bed. Have gatorade, juicy juice, sprite and other non-caffienated beverages throughout the day too. Staying hydrated kills a lot of the bad withdrawal effects.