yellow eyes
    sam11 is offline Junior Member

Default yellow eyes

Does any body know why my eyes get yellow after I take a percocet?

Cats Meow is offline Banned

You are experiencing a rare side effect, you need to tell your doctor asap, have you had this problem with Vicodin or Tylenol? If not it's probably the oxycodone that's the cause.
    One cause of yellowing of the sclera (white part of the eye) is related to liver problems, so this could be quite serious, it needs to be addressed, asap. Expect your doctor to order you a liver function test, which is done by a simple blood test.
    Let us know what you find out, this is interesting and not real common.

Mike VG is offline Senior Member

Do you get Jaundice (Yellowing of the skin) as well, Sam? And does the yellowing of the eyes go away, and the same question about the possible Jaundice?
    Mike V
    Mike VG

no my eyes don't get yellow when I take vicodin or Tylenol and no my skin is not yellow. I'll call my doctor today. Do you guys think I have a bad liver? The yellow in my eyes does go away if I don't take the percocet it takes a couple days but it does go away.
    Last edited by sam11; 11-28-2007 at 05:43 AM.

I'm not qualified to say, it does appear to be temporary since it only coincides with the drug, and that's good, but it is a problem. Let us know what the doc says.

Mike VG is offline Senior Member

Yeah, How's it goin', Sam? Sam, I just want to impress upon you not to let this thing go, ya know? Yellowing eyes, Jaundice, Dark Urine are all signs of Hepatitis. I'm not trying to alarm you, it could be nothing, but you can't let this just kinda be a part of "what happens when I take a perc," ya know. Just go get a blood test from your Dr. and let us know what's happening. Don't worry about it. Just do it.
    Mike VG
    Mike VG

erinkj is offline Senior Member

Exclamation yellowing eyes

Quote Originally Posted by sam11 View Post
    Does any body know why my eyes get yellow after I take a percocet?
    About the yellowing of your eyes. Do you get yellow spots? or does the entire white of your eyes yellow? I ask because I get that also, only it looks more like yellow spots on either side of the retina. No yellowing of the skin though. Been on SSRI's for a long time with occassional xanax. Went off the meds for about a month and the yellow seemed to fade. Any suggestions?

Sorry I took so long to get back to u guys I had a blood test everything came back normal. She did find that I had urinary track infection and she gave some antibiotics. The doctor gave me vicodin instead and I don't have the problem any more. so the doctor thinks it was an allergic reaction that I was having. Thanks everybody.

[QUOTE=sam11;193029]Sorry I took so long to get back to u guys I had a blood test everything came back normal. She did find that I had urinary track infection and she gave some antibiotics. The doctor gave me vicodin instead and I don't have the problem any more. so the doctor thinks it was an allergic reaction that I was having. It wasn't spots in was all the white of eyes. thank everybody for being so helpful.

Thanks for letting us know Sam, glad that was all that was wrong, just stay away from oxycodone.