xanax and drug tests, help!
    tarkin646 is offline New Member

Default xanax and drug tests, help!

i have a prescription for xanax xr. and i have taken drug tests before and not had a problem. but i went to a diffrent drug testing lab a couple months ago and they gave me hell and wouldnt let me verify that it's legal. so now i have a decent job lined up and i had to take a pre-employment test with Quest diagnostics.

its prescribed for once a day, but i only take it like 3 times a month, does anyone have any experience with xanax and drug tests? how were you treated? did you get to explain?

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

As long as you have a legit prescription for the xanax then there should be no problem,at least with the lab.They do report it to the company but with a note describing it as leg it script.Benzodiazepines are notorious for staying in the urine for 6 to 8 weeks after your last dose so I would have to say that chances are it's going to show up on the screen.Good luck to you.....Dave

aria-

i took the test already. so yea. i called quest, i guess they send all results to a third party for review. i also called my potential employer and leveled with her. the fact that i can be denied employment for presecription medicine is bull****. she apologized for the fact that the collection place wouldnt even see my script.

the job is fedex kinkos as well. so yea, its just rediculous. i shouldnt have to change my whole life around for a piss in a cup. ive never done anything illegal, not even smoked. im not an addict, or a criminal. its stupid. im going to be making copies for people.

but according to policy i guess, im suppose to get a phone all and a chance to explain myself and the positive result. whether or not this really happens i'll be surprised. but i plan on taking legal action if my test results are disclosed to my employer before i have the chance to defend them.

i take xanax because my fiance' left me some time ago and i have had a hard time sleeping since. i dont know why, its just the way i am now i guess. but its prescribed. theres no reason i should have to go through all this hell for these stupid pills.

oh, the place doing the mro services is choicepoint services i guess. anyone know anything about them?

just an update, my test came back clean.

there needs to be some consistency in this stuff

sydbean is offline Member

That is one of the ONLY good things about Methadone. You have to test specifically for that one drug. In pre-employment five and six panel testing a person taking Methadone ONLY will come up clean!!! I knew there had to be something good about Methadone...I guess that is it!! LOL

whoah, this may prove my ignorance but who said anything about methadone.

tamara02 is offline Banned

Hi Tarkin,Well Did you get the job?????Tamm