Xanax and coffee
    BourneAgain is offline New Member

Default Xanax and coffee

Is it safe or does coffee maybe make the xanax not control the panic attacks and anxiety as well? The stuff makes me real drowsy sometimes and I want to drink a cup of coffee to wake me up, but I know coffee can cause anxiety in some people. So since I have a panic disorder I don't know if it is a good idea...

jalink is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by BourneAgain View Post
    Is it safe or does coffee maybe make the xanax not control the panic attacks and anxiety as well? The stuff makes me real drowsy sometimes and I want to drink a cup of coffee to wake me up, but I know coffee can cause anxiety in some people. So since I have a panic disorder I don't know if it is a good idea...
    Hi this is my first post here YAY!
    I will give this a shot. I have been on Xanax now since December of 2000 for Panic Disorder and have faced the coffee thing before in the past. My opinion is this; Yes you are correct the caffine in the coffee will indeed make you anxious. But..., if you find your self unconfortable and sleepy from the Xanax a cup of coffee is NOT going to hurt you. So go ahead and have one. No having said that, if that first one REALLY hits the spot and you WANT another, do yourself a favor and make it DECAF.
    Peace!

BourneAgain is offline New Member

Thanks man! =)