Xanax 1.0 vs. Valium 10 mg
    leelee is offline Member

Question Xanax 1.0 vs. Valium 10 mg

I was just wondering something.I realize both of these meds are highly addicting...but is one of these better than the other as far as just wanting to keep your nerves calm without "getting high"? B/C Xanax sometimes makes me tired,but yet I shake like a leaf,always have,and I have so many racing thoughts sometimes that I can't even talk right and make sense! Yes,I know...I'm an odd one,I think...?
    I just want to feel normal.Not high.
    I've tried Lexapro,Serzone,and alot of others that did NOTHING for me,even w/ extended use...but Xanax DOES help..but it has it's drawbacks,ya know?
    Am I even making ANY sense NOW? UuGH!
    I just wanna control the shakes and crazyness in my head.Xanax or Valium is the only ones I can find that somewhat help...but I THINK maybe X's wear off fast,or am I wrong?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Xanax has a very short half life, the shortest of all the benzos. It's only about 6-12 hours. Valium has the longest half life of all benzos. It can be several times that of xanax. That's why it seems the xanax wears off faster. It does. Both are terribly addicting and I am militant against using both long term. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.