When will oxycontin leave your bloodstream?
    verystressedout is offline New Member

Default When will oxycontin leave your bloodstream?

I know there are tons of answers for oxy in urine but not much for blood. I cannot find any consistent answers.

I'm 5'11, 140lbs, male, pretty much no body fat. I've been an addict for 4 years now. Due to tolerance I am taking (snorting) at least 160mg (2x80mg) Oxycontin in one sitting per day. For the past year or so I've been only taking Oxys on the weekends and taking suboxone during the week. I am taking a blood test and I definitely know that they will test for oxycodone/contin. My test is this friday (4/23). The last time I used was last wed through sat. Used 160mg/day wed-fri, and used 240mg on sat which was the last day I used. Now to give an idea of my metabolism. . . .I think I have a pretty high one. For example, I was a chronic pot smoker for 3 years straight with maybe 10 days off in that span. I had to take a piss test for probation and decided to stop at least a month before my test. Well just to ease my mind, I bought a drug test kit and tested myself a week before my test. A negative on my test would be a line regardless of how faint it was, as long as a line shows, its a negative result. Well, my line was SOLID just after pretty much 21 days sober, which tells me I was probably clean for a few days before that. So again in short, I'm taking a blood test, last time I used was this past Sat (240mg), test is this friday (which gives me 6 days clean), and I have a pretty high metabolism.

I've been researching this for the past few days and like I said up top, I cannot get a consistent answer. Here are the answers I'm getting the most of:
    12-24 hours max
    2-5 days depending on your body weight, metabolism, etc
    2-5 days no matter how frequent the usage
    1-2 weeks
    The range is from hours to week which is a very broad range.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if you could, please try to name any sources/experiences that will back up your answer. I would love some reassurance

Thanks!!

Soobie is offline Member

I googled serum detection times oxycodone. Sifted through laboratory websites, lawyer sites, recovery sites and harm reduction sites. 2 days seems to be the average. I would add a day or two as a safety cushion. You should be fine.
    (Insert lecture on drugs are bad... mmkay)
    Last edited by Soobie; 04-21-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soobie View Post
    (Insert lecture on drugs are bad... mmkay)
    haha. . .yea tell me about it. Just this freaks me out because on some discussion boards when these questions are asked, Doctors decide to chime in and say "I can detect that you took a percocet within the last week and a half or so." I just don't know who to believe. But I do appreciate you researching that for me!! Thanks Soobie!

Anymore people wanna chime in?? Some more reassurance would definitely hit the spot!

Alright after some more research. . .this is what I found. There are different reports of the half-life of oxycodone. Some say 3.5hrs - 4.5hrs. So I'm going to use 5hrs to be on the safe side (So every 5 hours, half of whatever mg was taken will metabolize and will be out your system). The last time I used, the amount was 240mg. I basically divided that by half each time (240 - 120 - 60 - 30 - 15 etc) and it took me 27 times to reach .00000197 which equals 1.97ng (1mg = 1,000,000ng). I read that the cut off for oxycodone in blood is 2 ng/ml. Now 27 x 5 = 135 divided by 24 hrs = 5.62 days. So in conclusion, theoretically speaking, It should take about 6 days for 240mg to clear out of my system. Now depending on metabolism, weight, age, etc. the results might vary but I want to make sure if people would agree with me on this. Did i do the math right?

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Oxycontin has a half-life of 3-4.5 hours, so divide the mg's by 4.5, then by 4.5, then by 4.5, etc until its below the detectable level, I know you keep adding zeros before the decimal point. Every 4.5 hours your body eliminates half the amount. Normally it takes 4 days after the drug wears off to test negative in urine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats Meow View Post
    Oxycontin has a half-life of 3-4.5 hours, so divide the mg's by 4.5, then by 4.5, then by 4.5, etc until its below the detectable level, I know you keep adding zeros before the decimal point. Every 4.5 hours your body eliminates half the amount. Normally it takes 4 days after the drug wears off to test negative in urine.
    WOW! haha now thats hilarious! Same exact time. Now your saying I should divide the mg's by 4.5. . . but I thought I every time i divide the mg's by half, that would equal to 4.5 hours. Meaning when I divide 240 by half, I'll have 120mg left in my body after 4.5 hours. Then in another 4.5 hours, I'll have 60mg in my body. . . that's my interpretation of it

Cats Meow is offline Banned

I think it needs to wear off first, your liver is whats going to metabolize it. As you know OC last 8-12 hours if you swallow it whole.

Alright. . .scratch out all that math before. I think I might've figured it out. I'll use the half life of 4.5 hrs. The cut off for oxycodone in plasma/serum is 2 ng/mL (means anything over that is a positive result). The average human body has around 5 liters of blood. Let convert that to 5000 mL of blood. If the cut off is 2 ng per 1 mL. . . then it should convert to 10,000 ng per 5000 mL. The magic number of mg I need to have per 5000 ml is .01 mg (which equals to 10,000 ng). I divided 240 by half 15 times to reach just under .01 (.007). So that means in 67.5 hrs (just under 3 days), my body should have .007 mg per 5000 mL, which converts to 7000 ng per 5000 mL. That converts to 1.4 ng per 1 mL (cut off is 2 ng/mL).

So all this means that theoretically speaking, in just under 3 days, 240 mg will reduce in my body to 1.4 ng/mL, in which I will hopefully pass my test since Im going to be clean doubled the amount of days.

I just need to make sure I did the math right on the conversion of 7000 ng per 5000 mL to 1.4 ng/mL. I just do 7000 divided by 5000 correct?
    Last edited by verystressedout; 04-21-2010 at 10:51 PM.

Do you think that if I pass a urine test, then would it be safe to say that I will pass a blood test. . since the supposed general idea about blood tests are that they have shorter detection times than urine.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Holy smokes!!!! If you put just HALF the energy into getting clean that you are putting into how to outsmart a drug test, you could stop the mathematics and start living again...... just a thought.

I know....my addiction has taken over my life!! Its hard to stay clean...if I have money in my pockets then all I think about is getting more pills....if it wasn't for me running out of money every weekend then I would literally get high everyday...I think I need to move or go to rehab somewhere far from where I live