What can I take for my cold that won't interfere with my Adderall?
    soyouthinkimfat is offline New Member

Question What can I take for my cold that won't interfere with my Adderall?

Hi,
    I take Adderall 10 mg 3-4 times a day. The regular, not XR. I have to take it to study every day. Problem: I caught my mom's AWFUL sinus infection/cold last night. Started a Z-Pak this afternoon, but I feel like poo in the meantime. Can I take Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom (that's what I usually take when I don't have to take Adderall) for my stuffy nose, headache, cough, sore throat, etc.? I don't know what is the best to take with Adderall for a cold because I haven't taken it since I was little, and I just started back on it in May.
    Any input would be HIGHLY appreciated cause I don't feel good, and I just wanna feel well enough to do homework.

Thanks!

Mike VG is offline Senior Member

You cannot take antidepression medications including MAOI's, anti-psychotic medicines, lithium, narcotic pain medicines, seizure medicines, blood thinner medicines, blood pressure medicines, stomach acid medicines, COLD or ALLERGY medicines that contain decongestants. I know these are all what you can't take, I can't really answer your question, these are just for your information. If you pick up the phone and call any Pharmacist they will tell you what you CAN take. Hope I helped .
    GriffSS
    Mike VG

thanks for replying. that's what my medication insert said too. i called three pharmacists, and they all said what i can't take, not what i can take. i was just gonna see if anyone could tell me from experience what doesn't interfere. i've been off my adderall the past 2 days cause i've been home from school and i felt so bad i had to take regular cold medicine, so i decided to do that. but i've had a horrible headache also today and i think it's from not taking the adderall. i've had that problem from not taking it before.
    anyways, thanks again!

Solonne is offline Member

Default mucinex

I believe if you ask the pharmacist, they'll tell you that you can take guifennisen (sp?) which is available as a generic or brand name Mucinex. Just be sure you get plain guifennisen and not one that has a decongestant in it. ON the other hand, drinking a LOT of water is generally thought to be just as effective in thinning mucus.

thanks! i'm going to start drinking more water now. thank you so much.

Mike VG is offline Senior Member

Okay bud, here ya go: you can take Claritin, Robitussin DM, Guafenesin for lung congestion (and get the right one ask the pharmacist where and if you buy that), Afrin, and Neosynefrin. I called a Pharmacist for you. I hope that helps. Problem with this is you have to treat your cold by the symptoms; so use a little logic and Pharmacists are pretty patient people, so just ask if you've got a question.
    GriffSS
    Mike VG

oh, wow, ok thanks. i've never had someone do that for me before. i didn't know that guaifenesin comes otc, i've only been given it for bronchitis by the doctor before. thanks i'll have to get that for the congestion. i've been taking robitussin dm for the cough.
    i appreciate all of the replies. i'm not good with being sick. thanks so much.
    -girl at home with a cold