Weight loss "pill" fastin/adipex/phentermine
    msorganized is offline New Member

Wink Weight loss "pill" fastin/adipex/phentermine

Hi all! New to the forum; I recently lost almost 30 lbs, with the help of phentermine. It's a wonderful thing if you're serious about losing weight! But the Dr. who was prescribing it is in trouble for Rx'ing via the internet! Yikes!

So, I now need a new physician who will prescribe it. Otherwise, I've been doing my research and I found that Adipex (Which I now realize was what the pharmacy was giving me anyway--generic form of phen) can be purchased online, as can Fastin, another generic for Adipex. My questions is, as the drug in its original form (phentermine) is taken into generic forms, such as Adipex and Fastin, do the effects lessen? Do they change? Is it best to try to get the original phentermine or would you say it's acceptable to try the fastin? Anyone tried it? Comparible to phentermine? Or are they the same, just different names? I am afraid to try the Fastin, which you can get online w/out an Rx, just trying to be careful and not get any sugar pills or worse! Thanks for any advice!

bionic420 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by msorganized View Post
    Hi all! New to the forum; I recently lost almost 30 lbs, with the help of phentermine. It's a wonderful thing if you're serious about losing weight! But the Dr. who was prescribing it is in trouble for Rx'ing via the internet! Yikes!

So, I now need a new physician who will prescribe it. Otherwise, I've been doing my research and I found that Adipex (Which I now realize was what the pharmacy was giving me anyway--generic form of phen) can be purchased online, as can Fastin, another generic for Adipex. My questions is, as the drug in its original form (phentermine) is taken into generic forms, such as Adipex and Fastin, do the effects lessen? Do they change? Is it best to try to get the original phentermine or would you say it's acceptable to try the fastin? Anyone tried it? Comparible to phentermine? Or are they the same, just different names? I am afraid to try the Fastin, which you can get online w/out an Rx, just trying to be careful and not get any sugar pills or worse! Thanks for any advice!

The drugs don't lose their potency just because of a brand name change. Just look at how many milligrams are in each different generic brand you are intrested in, and it should be a pretty constant number/effect/potency. Those kinds of things are closly regulated to be safe for human consumption(but i would stay away from off-shore generics(their generics can be very different, so be careful)

ginza is offline New Member

A girl I work with got some fastin from her doc..she said he was really hesitant to Rx it. I didn't know you could get it on-line. Does it really work?? I really need to lose 30-45 ibs and I am finding it very difficult to do on my own.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ginza View Post
    A girl I work with got some fastin from her doc..she said he was really hesitant to Rx it. I didn't know you could get it on-line. Does it really work?? I really need to lose 30-45 ibs and I am finding it very difficult to do on my own.

The dr was hesitant to prescribe it because it is freakin speed. And it is garbage. I am losing weight too. Have lost almost 40lbs so far. I am doing it by not eating so much and exercising. It's amazing how well that actually works. Hope you all stay away from this trash that can have really serious consequences for you.

Anonymous Guest

HI again Ginza
    Im 48 years old and it has been harder for me to keep the weight off the past 10 years,but the one diet that i can count on is the adkins,and I work out everyday.
    Have a good day!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    HI again Ginza
    Im 48 years old and it has been harder for me to keep the weight off the past 10 years,but the one diet that i can count on is the adkins,and I work out everyday.
    Have a good day!

I just hate stupid amphetamines. They are the very worst drug in existance in my opinion. Heart only beats so many times and then it's done.

I will go along with the Adkins. In addition to exercise I use the Adkins too. And it hasn't affected my chlolestrol or anything. Have used it for years.

ginza is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    HI again Ginza
    Have a good day!

I have tried the Atkins diet and I end up having really bad carb cravings and then I cave in and crash. So that didnt' work out very well for me.
    I try to walk when i can but that's not always possible, as I have 2 kids and a husband who require alot of my time.
    ~Ginza~

CetaTehila2 is offline New Member

I am taking a weightloss pill called Akavar which you can find at Walmart and I am hoping to lose weight while taking it and I am also taking antidepressants which I hope is safe but I havent had any interactions with my meds I currently take so I will just have to wait and see if these diet pills work and I dont have any bad side effects from it.

klopper22 is offline Member

Default I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    The dr was hesitant to prescribe it because it is freakin speed. And it is garbage. I am losing weight too. Have lost almost 40lbs so far. I am doing it by not eating so much and exercising. It's amazing how well that actually works. Hope you all stay away from this trash that can have really serious consequences for you.
    The word "speed" is correctly used to describe illicit amphetamines that are made in meth labs and crack houses. These drugs are not approved by the FDA to treat any medical condition. Anorectic medications are closely regulated and are manufactured with quality ingredients and not antifreeze, HEET, and other extremely toxic substances.

Anorectic drugs are no more garbage for obese peope than opiates are for sufferers of chronic pain, or insulin is for people with diabetes. They all can have adverse side effects if misused. If used as directed, they will effectively treat the health issues they are meant for.

Some people seem to think that the term "speed" automatically means the stuff is bad for you. They are well known facts that people who live with obesity - no matter what got them there - suffer from lack of energy and inability to control their appetite. Obese people need to speed up. At times, the excess weight can make it incredibly difficult to excersise due to the added stress on joints. In those cases, it is imperative that the appetite be controlled and phentermine, phendimetrazine, benzphetamine, and similar drugs can certainly help a lot.

Other conditions that can severely limit physical activity is chronic pain. If you are blessed enough to be able to afford effective pain medication, the medication can make you lethargic and unambitous. That is my situation. The weight loss medication has helped me enormously. I know I need to lose weight to help reduce my back pain. Phendimetrazine has helped me lose 30 pounds - weight I most likely would still have, and I would more than likely have gained more.

You have lost almost 40lbs without medicine such as phentermine. That is great that you have been able to do that, but some people are not able to achieve the same results without the extra help. To them, this medicine is definately not garbage.

Obesity is an epidemic in the USA with over 60% affected, which is one huge factor (no pun intended) in why there are so many medications made and prescribed for cardiovascular diseases, bone diseases, diabetes and more. One big reason for the continued obesity in a lot of cases is the stigma associated with anorectic medications. The biased view of way too many people, including and namely close-minded physicians, that these medications are "bad" because "all they are is speed" is something this country is going to have to stop. If these people who are able to help reduce obesity by medical means would simply get educated on the many benefits of these drugs, and not ignorantly let a term like "speed" affect their actions, I can guarantee that obesity and all the horrible things that go along with it would dramatically decline. And WE NEED THAT TO HAPPEN!

May God bless you all.
    Last edited by klopper22; 01-24-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ginza View Post
    I have tried the Atkins diet and I end up having really bad carb cravings and then I cave in and crash. So that didnt' work out very well for me.
    I try to walk when i can but that's not always possible, as I have 2 kids and a husband who require alot of my time.
    Circumstances like these are very good reasons why prescription diet meds are very much needed.

Default Heart rate increase?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I just hate stupid amphetamines. They are the very worst drug in existance in my opinion. Heart only beats so many times and then it's done.
    I believe that when it is your time to go, then and only then is it over.

Diet meds can effectively reduce incidence of other things that cause increased heart rate -
    1. eating too much sugar
    2. eating too fast
    3. eating large meals
    4. BEING OBESE!!!

Other non-medicinal things that increase heart rate -
    1. playing video games - should we ban these?
    2. riding theme park rides - should we ban these?
    3. having sex - should we ban this?
    4. sneezing
    5. coughing
    6. heat
    7. loud noises - make audio devices where they can only be quiet and ban concerts?
    8. high altitudes - ban air travel and evacuate all areas in high altitudes?

An obese person's heart rate is already elevated. Temporary elevation via diet meds is no big deal.

tori13vc is offline New Member
    Most of the time in my own head but logistically speaking, near cleveland ohio

Ok, when your heart beats fast at some of these things like the theme park rides and video games and most certainly the sex, its a good fast feeling heart beating thing, but i know when i have tried some of the "speed" or diet meds my heart will beat faster and it doesnt feel very good, I would feel more stressed and anxious as well. So I do think there is a difference in ways of your heart rate speeding up and being ok and when it speeds up and its just not really ok. I agree with a few of the others, the diet meds or speed or whatever you may want to call some of them may help, but i believe they are not long term or all that healthy otherwise Dr.'s wouldn't be so hesitant. Eating right and exercising is hard work, its a plain ol ********** sometimes but its really the bodys best bet. Temporary elevation of a heart can be a very big thing when its not a good elevation on an already stressed body, in fact I do believe they have a name for it --Heart attack????---Be safe people, you only get one life,
    Take care to all,
    Vikki

Default I'll let the facts speak

Quote Originally Posted by tori13vc View Post
    Ok, when your heart beats fast at some of these things like the theme park rides and video games and most certainly the sex, its a good fast feeling heart beating thing, but i know when i have tried some of the "speed" or diet meds my heart will beat faster and it doesnt feel very good, I would feel more stressed and anxious as well. So I do think there is a difference in ways of your heart rate speeding up and being ok and when it speeds up and its just not really ok. I agree with a few of the others, the diet meds or speed or whatever you may want to call some of them may help, but i believe they are not long term or all that healthy otherwise Dr.'s wouldn't be so hesitant. Eating right and exercising is hard work, its a plain ol ********** sometimes but its really the bodys best bet. Temporary elevation of a heart can be a very big thing when its not a good elevation on an already stressed body, in fact I do believe they have a name for it --Heart attack????---Be safe people, you only get one life,
    Take care to all,
    Vikki
    They are approved for use only short term. I read that at the time they were approved, obesity wan't an epidemic like it is now and that is why it received approval for short-term only. The dates these meds were approved:

Phentermine, 1959
    Dietylpropion, 1959
    Benzphetamine, 1960
    Mazindol, 1973
    Phendimetrazine (Bontril), 1982

During these years, the percentage of obese adult Americans was 12-13%. In 2006 it was 34.3% (an additional 34% are overweight). That is a 262% increase in the last 26 years. Everyone knows about the benefits of diet and excersise. People also know about the hundreds of thousands of people that die from obesity. Obviously that knowledge isn't making a difference...the percentages of deaths keep going up! There needs to be another ingredient to help encourage and help people accomplish having a regular workout schedule and eating a moderate diet. And that ingredient is more anorectic medicine - knowledge and prescribing.

According to the CDC, there were 438,000 smoking related deaths in 2007. There were 400,000 deaths attributed to obesity! A lot of these deaths, especially from obesity are the result of mass ignorance regarding anorectic medications and the demonization of anorectic medicines.

What does all this mean? MORE DOCTORS AND PEOPLE NEED TO GET EDUCATED ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS MEDS.

freedom1960 is offline New Member

If you are taking Phentermine once a day, take your dose in the morning. Because this medication may cause sleeplessness, avoid taking a dose late in the day. Take your last dose of Phentermine at least four to six hours before bedtime. Take this medication as prescribed. Do not take it more often or longer than directed. It is usually taken for 8 to 12 weeks. Use in combination with other appetite suppressant medicine is generally not recommended. Consult your doctor before such use.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-22-2013 at 04:15 PM.

joomla is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by msorganized View Post

I've taken fastin ( from hi tech pharmaceuticals ) and yes, it's just basically a herbal form of phentermine. Though, the website is misleading as it does say it's the "generic" form of phentermine.

Well, in any case, if it works for people out there great. I noticed a difference in my appetite while I was taking these pills. But then it's weird cause on some days I actually was feeling tired. So, i returned to phentermine and got better results.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-22-2013 at 04:15 PM.