Valium and Zoloft
    herkw is offline New Member

Default Valium and Zoloft

"Is it wise to occasionally take 5mg of valium for anxiety while I also just started taking 50mg of zoloft once a day for depression. Zoloft side effect are quite extensive. Added anxiety since started zoloft .
    Thank HW"

xyther4523 is offline New Member

Yes, you will be perfectly fine. Anxiety and Depression usually go hand in hand.

herkw is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by xyther4523 View Post
    Yes, you will be perfectly fine. Anxiety and Depression usually go hand in hand.
    Thank you for answering. Don't think I can take another zoloft. Feel very anxious for hours and hours after taking. This is only the 2nd time dose I have taken, I started Saturday. Maybe I should give it more time.
    Harry

Psyched is offline Member

Herk,
    Zoloft usually takes about a week to start making any significant therapeutic changes, so give it some time. Also, I would mention to your doctor that the med is causing you to feel nervous. Also, Zoloft is teh type of drug that you can't just stop taking abruptly either...if you do, you will most likely experience nausea and severe headaches. Hope this helps.

jane-eb is offline New Member

I started on Zoloft about a month ago for anxiety and depression. My doctor told me to start on 50 mg but when I did I felt nauseous, anxious and very nostalgic. I also lost my appetite for a few days. So a friend suggested I take only half and since then it has been fine and i have noticed improvement in the anxiety and depression. I saw my doctor today and asked her if it was ok to keep taking half and she said it's fine and that I may have experienced those side effects because I am a petite build and my body just couldn't handle it. She also put me on 5mg of valium to relax my muscles because i experience Jaw cramps and jaw clicking due to clenching in my sleep caused by the anxiety.