Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Valium overdose?
    yonimeyer is offline New Member

Default Valium overdose?

I've read in a number of places that taking 20mg of Valium might have some serious effects. On Friday night I took xx of Valium and I slowly began to realize afterwoods that it might have not been a good idea. On Saturday night I woke up a little bit drowsy and unsure of myself, but as far as I know there were know long term side effects.

My question is, how many Valium pills does it take to overdose? I may also add that I have had a history with Valium, but within the last almost 2 months I have not touched one pill.

If someone could please get back to me on this I would greatly appreciate it, as I am quite troubled over this matter.

Thank you so much and have a great and wonderful day.

Yonimeyer
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-22-2010 at 03:07 PM.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Well first of all, if you are taking that much Valium at once, then you obviously have a problem and need help.

As to how much you can OD on, it does vary from person to person and how it affects them, those who take it on a regular basis tend to build up a tolerance to it, and it takes much more for them to have an adverse reaction to it, people who have never taken it before, or stopped taking it for awhile, will suffer adverse effects from a much lower dose, because their bodies aren't used to the drug.

As to long term side effects, you might not feel them, but they are there in your body. Taking pills like that can affect your stomach, liver, kidneys and etc. You might not have symptoms from that damage right now, but if you continue on this path, you will eventually get hit with them.

An overdose usually occurs when you get into thousands of MGS of a pill, because then you are breaking into grams of a med, instead of mgs, 1000mgs equals a gram.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

riship316 is offline Banned

i am aware of all the side effects to the drugs i take

do i have a problem? thats between me and my doctor...but to answer your question yes i do have a problem.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-05-2010 at 11:19 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

We got your questions indicating that you are advocating suicide deleted OFF the forum. This is a forum for legitimate medical questions. And your question about how many drugs to take to successfully kill yourself WON'T be answered here EVER. We try to help others survive here rather than to direct one through a suicide.

It won't happen under any circumstances. We don't ever give out instructions here for committing suicide. I will pray for your survival and that you give yourself an opportunity to experience the wonderful life that lays ahead of you. I promise sincerely that I'll pray for you and wish I could speak with you face to face. I love you as your brother in Christ.

You are correct in the second paragraph above of your statement. This should be something you see your dr about on an emergency basis immediately. I wish you would call 911 and get yourself some medical/pastoral help immediately. Things will get better regardless of how desperate they appear at this moment. I pray that you give the future a chance. God bless you my friend.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-05-2010 at 11:07 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

i think thats pretty rude. you come on here, ask how much to od. then tell zippy that you dont want help.
    it varies from person to person. ive taken 20mg of valium and had a good sleep.
    i think you need to sort your self out. starting with attitude.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    i think thats pretty rude. you come on here, ask how much to od. then tell zippy that you dont want help.

Hey Cheeky .... zippysgoddess hasn't been on here in a pretty long time. I have no idea why riship chose this thread.

I have already prayed for riship in Jesus' name which I also pray has a value to riship.

I don't understand suicide, so all that I can do is to pray for their survival and change of intention. God bless.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-05-2010 at 11:19 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

I understand this person was rude but I am extremely concerned all the same. She/he is looking to commit suicide, she is also crying out for help or wouldnt come on a forum... anyone can figure out what you need to take to kill yourself without asking a group of people on a computer. I sincerely am not concerned with a rude attitude as much as I am concerned and hopeful that this person talks to someone and gets some kind of help with depression before doing anything that is irreversible.

i apolige and did not mean to offend you.

my pills were stolen(the oxycotin and klonipin), my friend has access to valum, prozack, and some other anti-physoctic medicine.

i wanted to know if he will be ok...since your speaking of sucide, i guess he wont be.

As for me...i do have my own battles. I was in a motorcycle accident and this left me handicapt with sever nerve damage. Im not going to lie to you, i have contemplated sucide, but what is my little girl going to think? Im sorry, i cant do that to her, and if it wasnt for her, i would have probably killed myself along time ago......but my little girl is more than a good reason to live.

I am sorry if i had offended any one with my previous post and i guess i should have explained myself. Please help me find my friend, if you can
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-05-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Anonymous Guest

ok yeh thats pretty heavy and i apologize for jumping to conclusions.
    i hope your mate is ok.
    i had an uncle commit suicide about 18 years ago and i was angry. i saw all the devastation he left behind. kids, grandkids.
    daniel, i am so glad you have a kid to make you think against suicide. i know when i was a teenager i thought of it, and had a couple of attempts. but it was always the thought of my loved ones and how they would feel that stopped me.
    i hope like hell your mate has one of those moments, and stops to think about the people that care about him/her.
    riship, i hope we are cool. i know i sometimes fly off, sorry for that.
    nyg and robert, same goes. you know me. and ive done a right royal foot in the mouth, and im sorry.
    i guess i still carry that anger for that uncle. why do they do that. and i might not beleive in some things, but i firmly beleive you go when you are supposed to. not when we decide things are too tough.
    daniel i am in nz. i dont know if i can help you except to say i hope everything works out.
    robert i guess we agree again. i cant understand suicide. to me its the easy way out. fight fight fight.
    sorry
    cheeky

I would never do it but I can understand it. When the pain is too much, when its terminal, I believe we have that right. But its a personal thing. I don't believe in it at all unless its a terminal case and the pain is unbearable but in that case I do. Not because your sad or depressed or under the weather but if your sick and doctors say there's nothing left to do, why not, if a person decides, with his family? My dad always said he wanted to choose before he lost all dignity. But I don't know this case. And cheeky, you didn't say anything wrong. We know you and love you.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-05-2010 at 11:13 PM.

Anonymous Guest

yeh i still feel pretty stink tho.
    shut my mouth right up.

i get angry about suicide, and i suppose there are other ways to think about it. i hope riships mate is found safe and well.

yeh i still feel pretty stink tho.
    shut my mouth right up.

i get angry about suicide, and i suppose there are other ways to think about it. i hope riships mate is found safe and well.

Dont worry about it man, Im sorry I made you fell bad, that was not my intent. I just recieved a call from him telling me that he is sorry for stealing from me. I told him it didnt matter
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-05-2010 at 11:09 PM.

Yes, I think he will make it. It would be done. I think he's crying out for help. What's 4/4 of the medicine mean ? Where in NY are you?

Anonymous Guest

dont worry bout me man. i will get over it.
    its your mate thats the worry. tho with him ringin you, thats a good sign. he wants to talk at least.
    when you next hear from him, tell him to come over to yours.
    hope it goes ok. and i dont know what 4/4'd means either.
    probably that he took the lot.
    how'd he manage to steal them off you anyway. he obviously knew you had em, and where you keep em.
    good luck

dont worry bout me man. i will get over it.
    its your mate thats the worry. tho with him ringin you, thats a good sign. he wants to talk at least.
    when you next hear from him, tell him to come over to yours.
    hope it goes ok. and i dont know what 4/4'd means either.
    probably that he took the lot.
    how'd he manage to steal them off you anyway. he obviously knew you had em, and where you keep em.
    good luck
    what i meant was that he took 3/4 of the meds i listed(90 60 mg oxy, 60 2mg klonipin, and he has meds of his own...valum 10 mg, 75, and some very serious antiphysotics that im not aware of.)

As far as how he managed to steal it... he's my best friend. Ive known him for 14 years, he even has keys to my apartment...i just didnt think his mind was on this track.

thank you all for your support in this matter, i really needed it .

Take Care
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-05-2010 at 11:10 PM.

Anonymous Guest

he will be back in touch after his bender i am sure of it pal.

let us know.

cheeky

he will be back in touch after his bender i am sure of it pal.

let us know.

cheeky
    Thank you for the support this forum has provided.

Thank you all.

doc.rose is offline Advanced Member

I think you need to get some grief counseling. Get some professional help please! I

Anonymous Guest

hey riship, remember i gave you a hard time for your attitude first time i seen you.?
    well now im wondering why he had access to your drugs, and place.
    i know you said he was a best mate, but my best mate doesnt know where i stash my drugs.
    and you held back, you are a cop, and had access to find him.
    now you are on suicide watch, yet you dont want your wee daughter to suffer.

come on man. !!!
    sort it out. sort it out.

if you are a cop, you are gonna be in the sh!t, if it was your drugs. ay.??
    is that the big worry. why would you say it was your fault,
    if my mate stole MY drugs and ODed, well it wouldnt be MY fault would it.

he would have found the drugs anyway by the sounds of things.

im dodgy
    GO TALK TO YOUR BOSS

hey riship, remember i gave you a hard time for your attitude first time i seen you.?
    well now im wondering why he had access to your drugs, and place.
    i know you said he was a best mate, but my best mate doesnt know where i stash my drugs.
    and you held back, you are a cop, and had access to find him.
    now you are on suicide watch, yet you dont want your wee daughter to suffer.

come on man. !!!
    sort it out. sort it out.

if you are a cop, you are gonna be in the sh!t, if it was your drugs. ay.??
    is that the big worry. why would you say it was your fault,
    if my mate stole MY drugs and ODed, well it wouldnt be MY fault would it.

he would have found the drugs anyway by the sounds of things.

im dodgy
    GO TALK TO YOUR BOSS
    perhaps you're right...the thing is tho man, when your depressed and went through what i just did..you start to wonder, ya know?

if it makes you feel any better, I will be going through counseling, so im hoping that would get me through it.

THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-05-2010 at 11:12 PM.

EricaMarie is offline Member

I remember in your first post you mentioned you were left handicap due to a motorcycle accident. What is the extent of your handicap? Just curious, because now you're mentioning you're a cop/detective. (no rudeness intended so please don't take it that way). I have to agree with cheeky. This is not YOUR fault. So what it was YOUR drugs. You didn't give them to him voluntarily. You didn't "hook him up" with any. You cannot control anyone's actions but your own. Just like when my sister tells me she feels guilty for my oxy addiction and if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be in this situation. (she bought our first oxy and showed me how to do it, etc). It's like I tell her, that's ludacris. She didn't hold a gun to my head and make me do it. That was MY decision, hence MY fault. As for as if your friend suffered any pain, that's hard to answer. I would think with an od, your respiratory system suppresses and your body shuts down. Like falling asleep and not waking up. I don't think he suffered; not physically anyway. I'm glad to hear you are getting counseling. Your emotions are no doubt haywire right now. That's understandable. There are no words I could type to make you feel better I'm sure of it. But I can tell you this. Your situation is in my heart and prayers. GOD is with you and remember he never gives us anything that you and HE together cannot handle. You'll get through this. My heart and prayers are with you. May GOD comfort you in this time of need.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaMarie View Post
    I remember in your first post you mentioned you were left handicap due to a motorcycle accident. What is the extent of your handicap? Just curious, because now you're mentioning you're a cop/detective. (no rudeness intended so please don't take it that way). I have to agree with cheeky. This is not YOUR fault. So what it was YOUR drugs. You didn't give them to him voluntarily. You didn't "hook him up" with any. You cannot control anyone's actions but your own. Just like when my sister tells me she feels guilty for my oxy addiction and if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be in this situation. (she bought our first oxy and showed me how to do it, etc). It's like I tell her, that's ludacris. She didn't hold a gun to my head and make me do it. That was MY decision, hence MY fault. As for as if your friend suffered any pain, that's hard to answer. I would think with an od, your respiratory system suppresses and your body shuts down. Like falling asleep and not waking up. I don't think he suffered; not physically anyway. I'm glad to hear you are getting counseling. Your emotions are no doubt haywire right now. That's understandable. There are no words I could type to make you feel better I'm sure of it. But I can tell you this. Your situation is in my heart and prayers. GOD is with you and remember he never gives us anything that you and HE together cannot handle. You'll get through this. My heart and prayers are with you. May GOD comfort you in this time of need.
    Thanks again for this post. it gives me some comfort that at least he went peacefully.

I know i didnt give him the drugs, but i was the one he got it from, if it wasnt for me there is no way this would have happened...

About my injury..a lady coming out of her driveway didnt look for any traffic whatsoever, so she slamed into me. i flew off the bike at about 40mph directly into tree(my right side was severly damaged. all my ribs were broken....etc, et c. Bottom line now is that i cant use my right fingers, i can still move the arm. t,he problem is the pain tho....i take 3 60mg oxy, 6 8mg dilauded, and klonipin(2, 2mg) ..thats my daily dose.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-05-2010 at 11:12 PM.

Anonymous Guest

so you are on quite a cocktail of drugs arent you.
    so imagine if you took too much, you would drift off to sleep, and that would be it.
    end of story.

and i repeat, if he was that depressed and suididal, he would have got the drugs somewhere else. for sure.

You seem very confused. I think maybe you are reaching out for help for yourself,not a friend. Why don't you come clean and tell us what is really the issue here. Do you think you have a drug problem? We are here to help you, but you have to be honest with yourself and with us.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-05-2010 at 11:14 PM.

You are very defensive. Most cops don't make threats either. You can pay me a visit if you want. What I am saying is, I am suprised they would let you be behind the wheel with the amount of meds you are taking. You are on some heavy duty meds. I am sure you need them, that is not the question, I am surprised you drive while on them, thats all. Here is what I don't understand about you. You are a cop, but you come on the forum asking us to help you find your friend after he stole your meds. Why not use the resources you have at your disposal? If he stole all of your meds, then what are you gonna use to alleviate your pain. You said he took all of your medicine. Now you have nothing for yourself. It is not your fault your friend OD'd. And don't threaten me because you don't like what I said. I live in California, near disneyland.You admitted you have a problem in a earlier post. I think you need help, and I was saying maybe you should reach out for help from the people on the forum. Your story doesn't make sense, thats all. I will be waiting for your visit.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-05-2010 at 11:17 PM.

Ladies, I have been suspicious of the story from the beginning although I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I kind of felt bad for him, figuring him to be a lonely guy looking for attention. I changed my mind when he threatened doc.rose. Even an old lady like me knows Amber alerts are for children only and a lot of times they don't even do it for kids so they aren't about to do it for an adult who might and might not have taken alot of pills. Plus, I do not believe you could be on active duty with that kind of drug intake PLUS the handicap. PLUS, if he is in such pain and is, no doubt, addicted, why is he not freaking out about ALL his meds being gone. I realize life comes first, but when you're addicted, believe me, he'd be worrying about the pills. And even if he's not an addict and only takes the meds for true pain, what does he do now? TOO MANY QUESTIONS. (Rosie, I do live in NY, not to far from him in Brooklyn, hope he doesnt swing by my house ). My post is getting too long because there is just so much. I gave him the benefit of the doubt at first and the thread was interesting but one after another, things didn't add up. And Rosie, I like the way you stand up for yourself. How dare he threaten you!!!!
    nyg
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-05-2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: spelling

You were skeptical from the get go NYG!! So was I, that is why I said he needed grief counseling! It was so obvious he wasn't a cop, just by the way he writes! He is all over the place! And thanks for the props EricaMarie! His posts made no sense and I had to ask him those questions to get to the bottom of this crazy stuff he was posting. I think it is possible he is in need ofhelp. But he needs to ask for help and stop playing games. And who would threaten someone like that? He logged off immediately after I said the bit about having his phone number! I am sure we won't hear from him again.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-05-2010 at 11:17 PM.

lol cheeky... your line "even if i felt guilty i take it back".... it made me laugh so hard.. It sounded so jr. high school and I mean that in the very best way. I love a girl who will defend her friends to the end. I felt sorry for ripshxt because i thought he was a lonely guy looking for attention but then he went too far. I doubt he'll be back. He's probably out investigating a homicide or something while in extreme withdrawal.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-05-2010 at 11:16 PM.

I am still waiting for the NYPD to knock on my door!! LOL!! Cheeky, I loved your post! I laughed so hard too when I read the part where you took back the feeling guilty part! Thanks for defending me girls! I appreciate it! I just had to call the guy out, I couldn't take it anymore!! Amber Alert!! WTF!! The guy must think we are complete morons if we believed anything he posted. I guess this thread will die soon. But thanks again for sticking up for me girls! And to EricaMarie, thanks for the DOA clear up. I was confused on that one. Take care everyone! And beware of any cop/detective/NYPD knocking on your door!!

MoodyCC is offline New Member

Red face

Listen. One should not ask questions pertaining to how much is too much because the only reason why a person would ask such a thing, would be because one may be considering suicide.

If a person were taking more than 30 mg. per day, then perhaps there is a drug problem that needs to be addressed (sometimes in extreme cases of anxiety or panic, doctors will prescribe 10 mg. three-times daily).

Any type of medication needs to be monitored by a doctor at all times because the liver processes any type of drug injested into ones system. Over use of drugs can become deadly overtime because of the long term effects of drugs.

If you or anyone else is having a hard time then the best thing to do is to seek help right away. There are people who can help. God cares for you. Ask him for help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast