Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
The truth about suboxone and getting high ( you won't believe this)
    Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by subboxxer View Post
    Robert I need to tell you that I have been on 2.5mg for the last week or so not 2mg like I told you. I screwed up telling you because I had left over crushed up subutex packaged and did not assess the amount accuaretly I had .5mg packets and thought they were .25mg so I am taking .5mg more than I told you. I am sorry about this it was an honest mistake. So should I go on 2mg now for 4 days then 1.5mg on the fifth day? I ony took 1mg today for fact because I used a pill splitter. I am just being honest with you as I promised. I got rid of the crushed packets (pitched in the garbage) and will use my pill splitter for the 2mg so no mistakes. So far I have made a lot of progress coming down from originally 8mg in late July to now so this is good progress but I know I have to be totally honest with myself and you to get off this junk so that's what I'm doing.

Yeah it helps if I know the correct dose you're on. I do know my math. If you've been on 2.5mg then go to 1.75mg.

Throw the pill splitter away too and use a single edged razor as these pills crush too easily with a splitter. Just slice them easily for now. When you get really low I'll have you crush the pills completely and we'll use the powder, but NO SNORTING!!! Just teasing you.

Hang in there with me pal! We'll get you through this. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

subboxxer is offline Member

Cool thanks Robert. I have some single edge razors and this will work fine. But I wish these stupid generic subutex pills at least had a score in the middle as a guide these don't. So I will go with 1.75mg the actual math is 1.85mg but I doubt that will matter at the stage I'm in currently. As I dose down into the tenths of a mg then it will matter. I appreciate your understanding on this and I am certain my stupid dosing mistake will not happen again. I am excited to get down to less than a pill a day that is going to be a huge milestone for me (never got this low of a dose, ever). Thanks & God bless

Also, By the way and for the record I haven't snorted them since you told me not to and I actually feel much berrer now. Snorting hits quicker (1/2 hour) and runs it's course faster than the sublingual way which takes 1 1/2 hours to peak and stays until the 8-10 hour second dose. Before when I snorted them I was dosing all over the place and felt real bad. Just imagine 4 2mg pills jammed up your nose everyday YUCK .
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-29-2010 at 06:58 PM.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Sub has a half life of 36-72 hours so it does stay in your system for more than 8-10 hours when taken sublinqually. Many of us take it once a day with no problem. There is nothing wrong with doing it twice a day like you're doing and you're doing great. Just wanted to put that bit of information out there. Long long half life.
    boggie man likes this.

Thanks NY Gal I think once I get down to less than 1mg I will start once a day right now I have been so used to taking bid that it is more comfortable for me to do it this way. Thanks for the kind words talk later.....

Hi Robert hope all is good with you and Mellinda, I wish you both well. I have a question and it is with wether buprenorphine has a memory. What I mean is, I guess I can compare to methadone or the juice as I call it. If methadone is taken and weaned off and stopped it keeps a kind of memory meaning that even many months or even years later if you take it again even once, one will get withdrawals at least that's my experience this is what I mean by memory. Does buprenorphine have this type of memory like the juice does? I am concerned that if I were to relapse (God forbid) and went back on subs short term would it be a disasterous nightmare like the juice?

Hi Robert hope all is good with you and Mellinda, I wish you both well. I have a question and it is with wether buprenorphine has a memory. What I mean is, I guess I can compare to methadone or the juice as I call it. If methadone is taken and weaned off and stopped it keeps a kind of memory meaning that even many months or even years later if you take it again even once, one will get withdrawals at least that's my experience this is what I mean by memory. Does buprenorphine have this type of memory like the juice does? I am concerned that if I were to relapse (God forbid) and went back on subs short term would it be a disasterous nightmare like the juice?

subboxxer ....... Thank you for the kind wishes for Melinda and I. I wish that I could truthfully give you an accurate answer to your question. I just haven't talked to people who've gone through a sub relapse that had any kind of comment about something like this.

I've seen a few people relapse, obviously, but we just got them back on a taper plan and in each case have been pretty successful at ending the temporary setback.

I can't honestly answer the question and can't in good conscience make something up. Sorry I can't be of more help. I can only say that I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe a relapse on subs would be any worse than any other type of relapse. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Default ...moving along

still on 1,75mg and feel OK. It is a little rough in the morning I can feel the WD's but not too bad. But this is what I need to feel little by little and not all at once so I'm keeping that in mind and I'm good with it.

Hi Robert another Q. - Does it make any sense to switch to suboxone at any time I am tapering on subutex. I know the difference is that suboxone has naloxone and subutex does not. but will it help as I go down to lower doses to switch? Or since bupe comes in .6mg injectable does it make sense to switch to that when I get down that low? I hate needles and never was an IV drug user I'm a snorter (as you know hehehe) but I will switch over to injectable bupe if that helps.

Hi Robert another Q. - Does it make any sense to switch to suboxone at any time I am tapering on subutex. I know the difference is that suboxone has naloxone and subutex does not. but will it help as I go down to lower doses to switch? Or since bupe comes in .6mg injectable does it make sense to switch to that when I get down that low? I hate needles and never was an IV drug user I'm a snorter (as you know hehehe) but I will switch over to injectable bupe if that helps.

No reason to switch to suboxone. Neither of the meds should be injected or snorted as that is obviously addictive behavior which we're trying to stop. But just use the subutex ( or the generic buprenorphine tablet) like I advise with the breaking it up for small doses. I would HATE if you decided to go to injections as it's SOOO unnecessary. God bless.

Ok cool thanks. Sticking with subutex sublingual period!

Default I need help

Hi Robert - I have been reading about PAWS from bupe and the stories are making me jump out of my skin. It refers to how memory is even affected and I am an Engineer and as you can imagine requires acute cognitive resources to sometimes finish a simple but very important task it's all about the details. In short I am (one of many) working on the new power grid for North America and every mistake of miscommunication costs loads of money and finger pointing sometimes. It also said that PAWS can last a LIFETIME!!. GEEZZZ WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO? What I read said bupe PAWS is guaranted and usually lasts 6-18 months. Am I better off going on hydros for a year and doing a quick sub taper? Honestly if this would stave off PAWS I will do it I can not put myself through this I have been through so much HELL because of opiates most people would have ended their lives if they went through what I have. Bupe should be called insidious-orphine, because it is the most insidious thing I ever encountered and others for sure. My dose is tough at 1.5mg in the morning I feel WD's pretty heavy and I have to dose 1.5 hours before washing up because my gag reflex is very sensitive and I will hurl brushing my teeth unless I an dosed up then I'm ok. But should I stay on 1.5mg for a bit longer than 4 days? I see tough days ahead...
    boggie man likes this.

Hi Robert - I have been reading about PAWS from bupe and the stories are making me jump out of my skin. It refers to how memory is even affected and I am an Engineer and as you can imagine requires acute cognitive resources to sometimes finish a simple but very important task it's all about the details. In short I am (one of many) working on the new power grid for North America and every mistake of miscommunication costs loads of money and finger pointing sometimes. It also said that PAWS can last a LIFETIME!!. GEEZZZ WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO? What I read said bupe PAWS is guaranted and usually lasts 6-18 months. Am I better off going on hydros for a year and doing a quick sub taper? Honestly if this would stave off PAWS I will do it I can not put myself through this I have been through so much HELL because of opiates most people would have ended their lives if they went through what I have. Bupe should be called insidious-orphine, because it is the most insidious thing I ever encountered and others for sure. My dose is tough at 1.5mg in the morning I feel WD's pretty heavy and I have to dose 1.5 hours before washing up because my gag reflex is very sensitive and I will hurl brushing my teeth unless I an dosed up then I'm ok. But should I stay on 1.5mg for a bit longer than 4 days? I see tough days ahead...

Being in PAWS for 6-18 months guaranteed from subs is a total crock of BS just like the way the sub drs hand it out is BS. If you'll continue to taper like I've suggested you won't have PAWS. The only people who post anything are people that have trouble. The ones who do well go on about their lives and you don't hear from them. Don't worry about nonsense like that. It pi$$es me off when people write stuff they have no idea what they're talking about. NO DON'T GO ON HYDROS FOR A YEAR. Just stick to the plan. God bless.
    boggie man likes this.

Default Thank you Robert

Robert, thank you for the positive response. I needed to hear this and also need to stop reading Bupe horror stories on these BS web pages published on the internet. I will follow along with your taper schedule and keep my head up high. God bless.

Default Subboxxer on - Long Term Buprenorphine Use & Taper

I think I will keep my experiences under the thread I created "Long Term Buprenorphine Use & Taper " as I taper down to zero. Pleae come along and we can root everyone along that is tapering. I have a unique situation which people can learn from considering my over 6 years on subutex. A lot was learned from the side affects and weird anomolies that happened through the years. Robert pleae keep an eye on my post so I can get counsil on coming off this junk. God Bless All.

iceman_issac is offline New Member

Default when can i get high on suboxone again

i took about 4 "8 mg" a day over last weekend, i was not yet aware of the "ceiling effect" thinking it would get me real high, i didn't feel to much all weekend, then on tuesday i took 4 again for the same reason because it was my birthday, since then i wanted to cut way down so i can get high this weekend, on wednesday i took 1, thursday i took 1.5, today is friday i took just .5....so when tomorrow gets here, it will be 48 hours with just .5 of an 8 mg...i am aware of the ceiling effect so i know it's pointless to take so many in one day, but when can i again feel the "high" off my subs?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman_issac View Post
    i took about 4 "8 mg" a day over last weekend, i was not yet aware of the "ceiling effect" thinking it would get me real high, i didn't feel to much all weekend, then on tuesday i took 4 again for the same reason because it was my birthday, since then i wanted to cut way down so i can get high this weekend, on wednesday i took 1, thursday i took 1.5, today is friday i took just .5....so when tomorrow gets here, it will be 48 hours with just .5 of an 8 mg...i am aware of the ceiling effect so i know it's pointless to take so many in one day, but when can i again feel the "high" off my subs?

You need to go somewhere else. We don't teach people how to abuse drugs and get HIGH on this forum. You need to get some "SNAP"!!! Hope you don't kill yourself. Not judging anyone, just stating a fact. This isn't a web site for getting info on how to get high! You're obviously a very young person. Hope you wake up soon. God bless.

Newtron64 is offline New Member

Default What do you use for Dental work or Surgery. Suboxen alone is not enough.

I am taking suboxen and had a tooth removed along with jaw bone. My insurance denied the pain pills perscribed by the dentist. So what do you do for the pain for the minor surgery?

Default Suboxen does work for chronic back pain

I had back surgery several years ago. Went through all the pain meds until being put on methadone. I was introduced to suboxen which is my choice to use for permanent nerve pain. I can use a 2mg piece that will last for 24 hours. I had to fight to get the suboxen for chronic pain. The doctors need to do more study. The east countries have already allowed suboxen for chronic use. They need to do the same in the US. It will help a lot of people like me. I can live a normal life on a set dose of suboxen. The problem is when you have dental work or some other procedure that will increase the pain level you are currently dealing with. What do you do when having dental work or minor or major surgery? Suboxen are supposed to block them. I have been able to use opiates for infected tooth problems with no withdrawals. It did make the pain tolerable and when the tooth ache was cured I went back to the regular dose of suboxen.

Suboxen is not a medication to get you high. If you do get High you will most likely not get high again.
    Last edited by Newtron64; 05-05-2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: wrong answer

I took myself off of suboxen to find out if I could function without it. I cut the pills down to slivers. Like a sliver of wood in your finger. Suboxen will work with very small amounts. Cut them down to small slivers and if you need more take a little sliver. Once I got down to a sliver a day I went to a sllver every other day and so on. Then you jump off. I found that due to permanent nerve damage and back surgery. I do not have a choice to quit medication. You must be able to function normally. If you can’t then you need suboxen or something that will work for you.

Newtron .... if you do choose to use subs for chronic pain you should switch to subutex which has a generic available (buprenorphine) which is LOTS less expensive than suboxone and doesn't have all the side effects that come with the naloxone in suboxone. God bless.

thalia45 is offline Member

This is the first time I have read this thread, but it has been informative. I have been reading for 3+ years, have my own Hydrocodone problem, but I have implicit faith in Robert to deal with this "sub" stuff.

What I do find VERY scary is the increase in "withdrawal" threads about subs. They are supposed to help, right? Now it seems that there are more sub addicts than anything else?? What happened? I betcha lots of Drs. are making a lot of money on this.

Were I to go this route I would follow what Robert says to the letter. ....and I so much appreciate the time he gives over to this help.

Quote Originally Posted by thalia45 View Post
    This is the first time I have read this thread, but it has been informative. I have been reading for 3+ years, have my own Hydrocodone problem, but I have implicit faith in Robert to deal with this "sub" stuff.

What I do find VERY scary is the increase in "withdrawal" threads about subs. They are supposed to help, right? Now it seems that there are more sub addicts than anything else?? What happened? I betcha lots of Drs. are making a lot of money on this.

Were I to go this route I would follow what Robert says to the letter. ....and I so much appreciate the time he gives over to this help.

Thalia ..... the thing you have to understand is that the ideal situation is that I get to induct a person from day one, then walk them right through the taper to the end and they're clean in a couple months. So many people end up on this forum because some stupid sub dr gave them ten times as much medication as they needed to begin with, kept them using for years, then they come to me for help and I have to work a "miracle" basically getting them clean. I won't say that I can take every person in that type of situation and get them clean without ANY symptoms. You have to understand the situation that puts me in having to pull people out of that dark place they are in showing up here in that kind of shape. I manage to succeed most of the time with anyone that will stick it out with me. But if you look up people who start out letting me induct them and follow those threads through till the end the people on subs seldom have ANY problems at all. Focus on the cases of the winners, not the exceptions to the rule. God bless.

thalia45 is offline Member

Robert, you are the best thing since sliced bread! No, I take that back ("cause unsliced is better...) but I have "known" you for a long time (cloaked as Sue13). I just have gone through all I can call is a mental reassessment of life: Why AM I with a man I don't love (because I fell in "love" with his very exciting life with his deceased wife, AND her parents - there's a weird one.) Why I moved out of NYC to be with this man? (refer to item one. But now I am here and I had better get it together to live this life.

Truly, I begin to believe in God, because the stuff I have done in the last few months? I have been "saved" so many times... I don't know-maybe it is finally a spiritual awakening. Your story makes me hope so.

MANY MANY THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Thalia ..... the thing you have to understand is that the ideal situation is that I get to induct a person from day one, then walk them right through the taper to the end and they're clean in a couple months. So many people end up on this forum because some stupid sub dr gave them ten times as much medication as they needed to begin with, kept them using for years, then they come to me for help and I have to work a "miracle" basically getting them clean. I won't say that I can take every person in that type of situation and get them clean without ANY symptoms. You have to understand the situation that puts me in having to pull people out of that dark place they are in showing up here in that kind of shape. I manage to succeed most of the time with anyone that will stick it out with me. But if you look up people who start out letting me induct them and follow those threads through till the end the people on subs seldom have ANY problems at all. Focus on the cases of the winners, not the exceptions to the rule. God bless.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-09-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thalia45 View Post
    Robert, you are the best thing since sliced bread! No, I take that back ("cause unsliced is better...) but I have "known" you for a long time (cloaked as Sue13). I just have gone through all I can call is a mental reassessment of life: Why AM I with a man I don't love (because I fell in "love" with his very exciting life with his deceased wife, AND her parents - there's a weird one.) Why I moved out of NYC to be with this man? (refer to item one. But now I am here and I had better get it together to live this life.

Truly, I begin to believe in God, because the stuff I have done in the last few months? I have been "saved" so many times... I don't know-maybe it is finally a spiritual awakening. Your story makes me hope so.

MANY MANY THANKS!

Good to see you back! It's been a while. Why the name change? I'll be around, leaving for the evening but will be on tomorrow. God bless.

Wish4 is offline New Member

Default Subs for pain management?

@Robert
    First off kudos I commend you for you dedicating your
    time to helping ppl with this program it's awesome!!! I was
    a meth addict for almost 5 years I have been what I call clean
    since 2005 so I know what a big diffrence you are making in
    ppls lives!!!

Now that being said I have found myself in a bad spot I have
    a chronic pain problem with out the current option of surgery
    and I am on tabs 7.5 for break thru pain and ms cotton 15 mg
    for regular pain levels but both barely touch my pain my doc
    has suggested sub patch but I worry how it could work with other
    meds as I am a pain patient do you have any info for me??

hillarykeith is offline New Member

Hi Robert...Or anyone who can help.

Im hoping you can give me some suggestions. I've been on suboxene since July 20th, 2012. Not very long. The ONLY good thing is its kept me sober. I feel so achey, like i'm 90 years old (not even 40 yrs old)... I was taking 24 mg. (3 strips a day)... One day about 2 weeks on suboxene, i could not hardly move, it took praying to God to get me out of the bed, then i almost fell down the stairs due to the pain. I then started vomiting. I called my dr. but he was not there. So i called the suboxene 800 # and cried or help. A woman who worked there told me i was on the highest dose. So, i decided to take it down to 8mg. a day. my body went through withdrawal from that but i just delt with it. Now, I've been on 8 mg. (4mg. 2X a day) and i'm still feeling like ????.. Again, i'm grateful to be sober.. But i feel like this is poisoning my body. does that sound normal to anyone?

niknewman1 is offline New Member

I hope and pray the originator of this thread is not dead somewhere of an overdose. As a recovering addict I am appalled at some of what I've read. Hope you found your way and no longer giving in to the insidiousness of this disease called addiction

csidney1119 is offline New Member

Default Iii iiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iii iii iiii iiii iiii iiiiiii iiiii iiiii iiii iiiiii ii

OK, I understand what you are talking about.
    ABout 8 months into my sobriety i read a lot about how long i would have to stop taking the subs for to get high again. I never tried because I was told by many it would be somwehre in the range of a month! and that would make me in hell because of the sub withdrawls. Anyway last week I decided that although it is a terrible idea, I wanted to know the REAL TRUTH because i know a lot of people lie on here and tell people they won't get high to keep them from trying. Believe me I respect that and i have done the same thing many times because i believe deterring an addict from using is better than giving them a truth that will harm them. Anyway i stopped taking my suboxone for 24 hrs. and i did half an oxy 80 aka about 40mgs ( mind you i have not dont any type of opiate other than sub for 1 year 3 months) by the way I am on 16 mgs/day. To tell the truth i felt a small buzz nothing very good though just a small sense of euphoria similar to codiene. I decided not to dose the second and I waited until I had THREE DAYS OFF THE SUBOXONE and i did approxomatly 60mgs of oxycodone. Remember the only reason I am writing this is so people will know the truth and this is only for SCIENTIFIC, MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE PLEASE DON'T TRY TO GET HIGH BECAUSE OF WHAT I AM TELLING YOU! So after 3 days or approxomatly 72 hrs of no suboxone and I am 120lbs 5'7 been on it for 15 months I DID GET HIGH AS A MATTER OF FACT I GOT HIGHER THAN I'VE BEEN IN A LONG TIME. I FELT THE OXY FULL STRENGTH and honestly i thought i was not going to feel anything! BTW afterwards i went back on my sub and reset my sober time and in my opinion this was worth it because i know i needed to clear up the bs for myself if not someone else. I am sorry, i am not trying to encourage people to take a break from their sub I am just giving my experience I AM NOT SAYING THAT PEOPLE WHO SAY YOU CAN'T GET HIGH FOR 24 DAYS AFTER STOPPING SUB IS wrong! Perhaps someone could tell me why the oxy worked? I really thoiught i would not feel any effects as thats what the doc told me. maybe someone with some knowledge like dave A.K.A. MPPVT could answer this as i have always respected his opinion. maybe it's because i have a fast metabolism but i only stopped taking my 16mgs/day of sub for 3days which is just when i first started to feel w/d symptoms and i repeat, the oxycodone got me high, very high like i never took suboxone at all. I admit this was a relapse but i am confused because all along i have been told i could not get high for at least 2 weeks after stopping and this is not true at all! at least for me i felt the effects within 24hrs after my last sub dose. could someone please tell me why this has happened? i thought sub bonded to your receptors for a very long time? is it because i weigh very little? any help is appriciated![/QUOTE]
    Last edited by csidney1119; 07-06-2013 at 10:00 AM. Reason: did not know how to do this

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast