tramadol and other generic names for it
    kenny_cronk is offline New Member

Default tramadol and other generic names for it

please help me find out the allergic reactions to this and other meds that have tramadol in them.i was given this medicine four times under different names and in other meds as a mix and i need to know what all the reactionare to it and them.i've been told this medicine could have killed me.can you help me find this information out[?]

kenny cronk

debosmom is offline New Member

I have been taking Tramadol ( Ultasets ) for several years, first for arthritus and most recently for knee replacement pain. I take 2 every 6 hours and the only side effect I think I have is I stay hot all the time. One of the side effects online said excess sweating so maybe that it true. They don't seem very strong but make life easier. I can tell when its time for one, all the aching comes crashing in. I don't know if I should switch back to lortab if I could confirm the heat I feel comes from Tramadol........ I am freezing the family out with airconditioning!

jennifermw is offline Member

the other name is Ultram. There are many side effects of this drug including dizziness, headaches, anxiety, confusion, incoordinaiton, sleep disorders, seizures, hallucinations, amnesia, vomiting, hypotension, heart palpitations, weight loss, visual disturbances. You should not exceed 400mg a day. the dosage of the med is 50-100mg every 4-6hours.If you exceed this dose which means you have overdosed you could have respiratory depression (difficulty breathing) and seizures. Alcohol and other cns depressants interact with this drug. So don't drink while using this med. So I guess you could die from this drug if you overdosed. Dependence of this drug is highly possible so be careful of that. Some drugs do have a side effect of death but it is very rare. I'd talk with your doctor about your concerns. If you still take this drug I would begin wheening your self off. You shouldn't stop it abruptly.

sleuth is offline Member

You will find info (including brand names) at
    http://tramadol.drugs.com
    and
    http://acetaminophen%20and%20tramadol.drugs.com/

Elaine Willis is offline New Member

I have taken Tramadol on a few occassions and have been ill each time. On two occassions doctors thought that i had meningitis although this proved to not be the case. I suffer from Fibromyalgia (soft tissue rheumatism) and apparantly this causes sensitivity to drugs and chemicals. I also have reactions when I take Codeine which are similar eg. vomiting, headache, dizziness, fainting.

Elaine

Kev
    Kev is offline New Member

hi i was on tramadol for a while but you are right, i was always hot and sweated all the time, even if if was cold outside or inside. i would just sweat and sweat. very embarassing to say the least especially when you are in a business meeting
    cheers good luck kev