Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ARTIST658
too strong? oxycodone 30 mg.
    dianab is offline Junior Member

Default too strong? oxycodone 30 mg.

Does anyone else out there take oxycodone 30 mg.? They say they should not be cut or crushed but they seem too strong for me. I tried breaking it in 4 pieces (very difficult). This is a new prescription and my doctor is on vacation. This is for severe back pain. Thanks for any help.

DIANA

jluiek1954 is offline New Member

hi the powers that be say you should not break or chew sr oxycodone, do you have a script for breakthrough pain that you can take until your doc gets back

BSnodgras is offline New Member

HI,

I think oxycodone is generic for oxycontin. This is a timed release medication that slowly seeps out of its container (pill you are trying to cut up). DO NOT CUT IT UP! This will result in all the medication coming out at once. Be careful!

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

oxycodone is the active narcotic in percoet,oxycontin is just a sustained realese of the narcotic oxycodone......Dave

dianab is offline Junior Member

thank you all for writing back to me. I am feeling better now and seeing the doctor on Monday to discuss this med.

DIANA

edhead2000 is offline Junior Member

If you've just started on oxycodone, then yes, 30 mg is way too high. You should have been started on a lower dose such as 10 mg.

shelterministries is offline New Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dianab View Post
    Does anyone else out there take oxycodone 30 mg.? They say they should not be cut or crushed but they seem too strong for me. I tried breaking it in 4 pieces (very difficult). This is a new prescription and my doctor is on vacation. This is for severe back pain. Thanks for any help.

DIANA
    Please e mail me if you need any further advice . etc. I was in Pharmacy for 11 years.

Mattie

God Bless

steelwagon is offline New Member

you can even find those ?
    i get them too but i'm told there is a severe shortage of them and i haven't been able to fill my scripts.
    if the 30's are to strong try going down to 15mg and buy a pill cutter and cut those in half.

81lifechanger is offline New Member

Smile 30mg

I am amazed that your doctor is giving you 30mg oxy when you say you have to cut them into 1/4th. I have chronic pain from a broken back myself (long and complicated story) anyway If a 30mg is that strong to you , Oxycodone short acting ! only also come in oxy-5mg, oxy-10,oxy-15 and 0xy-30mg is the top
    strength (not to be confused with Oxycontin which is long acting) . smaller dose would be easier than tring to cut into 1/4th equally.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

This post was from 2004, and it appears the original poster has been gone for many years.

Miramar is offline Banned

Default oxycodone alternate

Tapentadol ER is a pain killer and could provide a new alternative for oxycodone .it can help you to get relif of chronic back pain.tapentadol ER is associated with a lower overall incidence of adverse gastrointestinal problems than oxycodone CR.

Planetary is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARTIST658 View Post
    This post was from 2004, and it appears the original poster has been gone for many years.
    And that poster is probably in a suboxone program thanks to a doctor who carelessly prescribed opiate painkillers.

I've seen people post on other boards about how they "need" to pop multiple OC 80s a day because of chronic pain, as if the fact that it's prescribed makes it any easier to get off these drugs. In this case, it sounds like the doctor wrote out a script for 30mg pills without even bothering to titrate.

What many people fail to realize is that the doctor will not help you get off them.

Tombomb is offline New Member

Cool oxycodone vs Tapentadol

I just tried my first Tapentadol. I get 150 15's a month and besides problems in availability the price keeps going up. Walgreens will no longer honor my discount card.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-19-2012 at 01:55 PM.

bakpainsuxx is offline New Member

[deleted - inappropriate]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-19-2012 at 01:54 PM.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Bakpainsuxx,

This forum does not offer the kind of advice you're seeking. We are not here to advise people how to get narcotics. In fact, more often than not, we're here to help people to get off narcotics.

The posting guidelines are listed on the main page of the "discussion boards forum."

Unfortunately, the previous poster that you cited (Tombomb) left up a post that was inappropriate for this forum. We do not offer the kind of 'advice' that suggests how to get high.

God bless,
    Ruth
    crystalgazing likes this.

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

life41 is offline New Member

yes, it's quite strong

life41 is offline New Member

... At least as far as I know
    Last edited by life41; 09-20-2012 at 10:32 AM.