tamper proof Oxycontin
    goog is offline New Member

Default tamper proof Oxycontin

Greetings friends! In researching Oxycontin (I just started taking it a month ago) I became very interested in the attempts to make the drug tamper proof. I see in this forum that other people are interested in this also. Namely.. has any company come up with a tamper proof version? Some people swear that yes, they have done it (I've seen the name Teva as a company that is supposed to have done it) while others say that no they have not. My research shows that a tamper proof version ain't out there yet. One problem I see mentioned a lot is that to make it tamper proof also makes it less effective if taken whole. I found some recent info. by one of the makers of the generic version, Endo Labs.. I'll paste it here in case anyone is interested. My question...can anyone refute this? Can anyone show me written research and not just internet gossip concerning a tamper proof version? Here's what Endo recently said. Can anyone shoot it down? Thanks...Dennis (Goog).
    At Endo Pharmaceuticals in Chadds Ford, Pa., another major producer of painkillers, research is focusing on chemically encapsulating the opioids in painkillers to make it more difficult to extract the narcotic.However, experts aren't expecting a breakthrough any time soon. "To have a medication that's devoid of abuse potential and has good analgesic effect is highly desirable, but I know nothing at this point that would do it. "We hope compounds will become available with reduced abuse liability, and that they will push the more abusable compounds out of the market. But this is such a complicated field that I see no single, absolute solution or silver bullet." Again..can anyone shoot this down with proof and not just gossip? Thanks friemds!

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

There are many companies working on ways to stop deversion and abuse.It's only a matter of time.I have heard of a couple experiments that worked well in the lab but now they have to try it on humans.Let's keep our fingers crossed that they get something out sooner than later....Dave

Cats Meow is offline Banned

I've heard many here say the OC by Teva when chewed it sticks to the teeth bad, but it's not that big of a deal, but when they try and snort it, their nose "snots up and gets gummed up". Someone else here swore there is a generic being sold from a South American company, maybe Venezuela, that when he chewed it up, it foamed up in his mouth.
    I don't believe it's true though.

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~

oxyman24 is offline Junior Member

OC on one side 80 on the other.
    A little green stone. mid-as-well do another.
    Breaks up clean, breaks up nice, pure hydrocholoride

miltownb is offline New Member

Yeah I have seen the tamper proof ones that gel up in you nose... people who abuse the ones with the removable time release coating do not like those, so what they do is just get regular OC's or ABG's (which are basiccly identical). There's another generic with time release coating E705's 40 mg or E710's 80 mg I assume. These are slightly larger in size and burn pretty bad if snorted so I assume they're not pure hydrochloride with filler added. I'm not sure if they where intentionally made to burn if snorted to deter abuse, but I'm sure a little burn is'nt enough to deter people with a strong habit.

ProZak is offline New Member

Tamper proof, no, but they are trying. The E703 (20mg), E705 (40mg) and E710 (80mg) have a burning addative ( intentionally ) for anti abuse. If you have a screaming habbit, who cares about a little burn it still gets you high. Or you can just chew it up and wait 30 minutes. For an addict, they will do, if nothing else is around, but will never be as desired as a real OC.

purplefrog is offline New Member

No chance, they have not made this Tamper Proof yet, as much as they try.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-03-2011 at 12:40 PM.

suemay is offline New Member

A little old now. and yes they now have it available