Taking benadryl with oxycodone?
    vegas_bad_boy is offline New Member

Post Taking benadryl with oxycodone?

Hey guys just needed a little info. I take oxycodone as prescribed to me. Just want to know if Benadryl allergy will have a bad reaction with me while on oxycodone. Thanks for all your help!

Anonymous Guest

Hi Vegas
    Do you still have your cold???
    I have taken benadrly with oxycodone before...
    There is a drug interaction checker at the top of this page.
    So you can look it up if you would like.
    Good luck to you...
    Hope you get over your cold soon.

Melinda

Quote Originally Posted by vegas_bad_boy View Post
    Hey guys just needed a little info. I take oxycodone as prescribed to me. Just want to know if Benadryl allergy will have a bad reaction with me while on oxycodone. Thanks for all your help!
    im sure you will be fine if you take both as directed I have taken them both at same time with no adverse reaction but Melinda is right they do have an interaction checker on this site Hope you Get Well Soon

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by vegas_bad_boy View Post

It's always a good idea to use the drug interaction checker at the top of the page. Remember though that this doesn't replace a dr. Please realize that any time we enter multiple drugs that have potentially calming effects you will always get a response of moderate interaction for respiratory depression. That can be a serious side effect, and it needs to be watched. But the main thing here is to be aware of the symptom, not just automatically discard the medications.

I would suggest that you ask your dr about this. This particular side effect is more dangerous for some than for others. It could be something that is not a major factor for you. Just be prudent in your choices and don't react too quickly either favorably or unfavorably. God bless.

Electrickoolaid is offline New Member

Benadyl can increase the effects of opiates. Thats why it's mixed in with "cheese" >>>>>>.