suboxone and opiates
    suicyco is offline New Member

Unhappy suboxone and opiates

I am curently taking suboxone 8mg, which comes w/ (naloxone 2mg, i believe), after a work related accident. I ended up having to take pain killers (dilaudid 8mg) and vic's just to make it through the day, I eventually abused these pills. The suboxone has worked great to wane me off the rediculous amount of these pills i was taking, but i still am experiencing cronic pain that i just can't deal w/, its been over 2 weeks and I've tried every thing over the counter but it hasn't come close. My question is how long does the opiate blocker (naloxone) stay in your system. If I needed to take a pain killer, such as dilaudid or vicodin, how long would I have to be off of suboxon/naloxone. Both my knees and my back pain have gotten almost unbearable. I know suboxone is some kind of pain killer, but I've doubled my 8mg dose before, but it's done nothing for pain, just made me drowsy. I know my personality, so I know that I would abuse the 7.5 vic's that i was recently prescribed, or dilaudids, so i gave them to a close family member who I know I can't bull********, he's 6'4'', and has beat my ass before, lol. (damn it sucks being an adict) Any help would be greatly appreciated...

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Hi Suicyco: First off nalaxone is not blocking the opiates.The nalaxone in the sublingual pill suboxone is not effective when taken orally.Nalaxone is there to keep IV user's from abusing it.If a addict shot a suboxone pill then they would go into withdrawl from the nalaxone.Second the buprenorphene in suboxone binds so tightly to the opiate receptors in your body that it's almost impossible for another opiate to be effective and that's why your dilaudid would be ineffective if you took it.Buprenorphene has a very long half life of a min 72 hrs.If you want to get the dilaudid or any other opiate to work then it will take at least five days off the suboxone maybe even more.Remember to that buprenorphene is a strong opiate in itself so your tolerance is higher then you probably realize so don't be surprised if the opiates you take for your pain don't work as well as they did before.I would stay away fro the hydrocodone as it's shet anyway.The hydromrphone (dilaudid) is probably your best bet.Good luck......Dave

suicyco is offline New Member

thank you, answered all my questions.