Strengths of Xanax
    sfc420 is offline Member

Default Strengths of Xanax

A friend of mine and I have been both trying to get rx's too Xanax, with two different doctors. Call it a controlled experiment, but definately not a race cuz if it was I woulda won - I got my Xanax like a month ago, he JUST GOT HIS... heres my question

My friend has a tendency to embellish, and i think I see it coming out here. I know a lot about prescription drugs, and last time i checked Xanax came in .5, 1, 1.5 (?), and 2 mgs. He's trying to claim to me that his doctor gave him a prescription of 90 2.5mg Xanax (too take three times daily... yeah right) and it sounded like a lie. Hes a stingy bastard so hell never sell me any or ever show me the bottle for that matter, so i just wanna find out for myself, is there anything stronger than the 2mg Zany Bars?

livid is offline Member

no, but they DO come in .25 mg....

livid is offline Member

by the way... I don't think there is a doctor out there (that isn't corrupt at least) that would prescribe 90 of ANY size xanax to someone who hasn't been under his treatment and using them previously... let alone a 2 mg dosage... unless we're talking foreign mailorder or something w/o a script.

Also, no not in 1.5 either to my knowledge... but someone may correct me if I'm wrong... I only know of .25, .5, 1.0, and 2.0... the 2.0 are scored so they can be easily broken into .5 doses... eliminating the need to have a 1.5 size.

sfc420 is offline Member

I knew it... hes a damn liar!!!! oh well, i wonder what his doctor is actually givin him.... thanks for the info everyone!

By the way, you are damn right about the 90 pill prescription thing...

sfc420 is offline Member

None of you care about this probably but I'm bored, High as a mo fo at work and i figured I'd conclude the story for you. the pills he was getting prescribed were in fact .25 mg xanax, and he actually got prescribed 120 .25's with 5 refills on them, which is not bad. Does anyone know if real xanax is stronger than generic xanax or if there are any differences?

lordnine is offline Member

in a generic the active ingredient should be the same amount as the brand

Kyle - Pharmacy Tech and Rockstar!

Natirawdawg63 is offline New Member

I receive 120 Xanax 1mg a month... Have been for the last 6 years...

Jollyrancherb is offline New Member

Alprazolam is a white crystalline powder, which is soluble in methanol or ethanol but which has no appreciable solubility in water at physiological pH.

Each Xanax Tablet, for oral administration, contains 0.25, 0.5, 1 or 2 mg of alprazolam
    The 2mg come in a five sectioned pill. Doctors rarely prescribe anything over the 0.5. (There is no Xanax that is over 2mg)(Further proof most of my family are medical professionals.)

Hope this helps

nwgriffin is offline New Member

Incorrect. Xanax XR is available in a 3 mg. strength.