Strengths of Xanax
    sfc420 is offline Member

Default Strengths of Xanax

A friend of mine and I have been both trying to get rx's too Xanax, with two different doctors. Call it a controlled experiment, but definately not a race cuz if it was I woulda won - I got my Xanax like a month ago, he JUST GOT HIS... heres my question

My friend has a tendency to embellish, and i think I see it coming out here. I know a lot about prescription drugs, and last time i checked Xanax came in .5, 1, 1.5 (?), and 2 mgs. He's trying to claim to me that his doctor gave him a prescription of 90 2.5mg Xanax (too take three times daily... yeah right) and it sounded like a lie. Hes a stingy bastard so hell never sell me any or ever show me the bottle for that matter, so i just wanna find out for myself, is there anything stronger than the 2mg Zany Bars?

livid is offline Member

no, but they DO come in .25 mg....

livid is offline Member

by the way... I don't think there is a doctor out there (that isn't corrupt at least) that would prescribe 90 of ANY size xanax to someone who hasn't been under his treatment and using them previously... let alone a 2 mg dosage... unless we're talking foreign mailorder or something w/o a script.

Also, no not in 1.5 either to my knowledge... but someone may correct me if I'm wrong... I only know of .25, .5, 1.0, and 2.0... the 2.0 are scored so they can be easily broken into .5 doses... eliminating the need to have a 1.5 size.

sfc420 is offline Member

I knew it... hes a damn liar!!!! oh well, i wonder what his doctor is actually givin him.... thanks for the info everyone!

By the way, you are damn right about the 90 pill prescription thing...

sfc420 is offline Member

None of you care about this probably but I'm bored, High as a mo fo at work and i figured I'd conclude the story for you. the pills he was getting prescribed were in fact .25 mg xanax, and he actually got prescribed 120 .25's with 5 refills on them, which is not bad. Does anyone know if real xanax is stronger than generic xanax or if there are any differences?

lordnine is offline Member

in a generic the active ingredient should be the same amount as the brand

Kyle - Pharmacy Tech and Rockstar!

Natirawdawg63 is offline New Member

I receive 120 Xanax 1mg a month... Have been for the last 6 years...

Jollyrancherb is offline New Member

Alprazolam is a white crystalline powder, which is soluble in methanol or ethanol but which has no appreciable solubility in water at physiological pH.

Each Xanax Tablet, for oral administration, contains 0.25, 0.5, 1 or 2 mg of alprazolam
    The 2mg come in a five sectioned pill. Doctors rarely prescribe anything over the 0.5. (There is no Xanax that is over 2mg)(Further proof most of my family are medical professionals.)

Hope this helps

nwgriffin is offline New Member

Incorrect. Xanax XR is available in a 3 mg. strength.

beca124 is offline New Member

When I worked in my first pharmacy just typing teeny rx's using a standard manure type writer (it was hard to do but with experience, became a talent) as a young kid, I was naturally curious about the effeciveness of generics vs brand, the chemical structures, etc. I was always asking loads of questions because the field facinated me. I worked for a Mom & Pop pharmacy at first. The rph, registered pharmacist was good old time and real. He'd been in WWII. He once demonstrated the brand generic and took a brand from one bottle and a generic of the "equivalent". First, he put the brand tablet between his them name and his indeed finger and pressed as hard as he could trying to break it. - The brand was solid as a rock! He said that's the way it is supposed to be! He then took the generic "equivalent" and lightly pressed it with his thumb name and index finger and I was 'Wow' d' as the generic crushed into dust and tiny bit. He said, "" This is supposed to be THE same and safe? "... This was an Orange moment as they say. .. In my later years I saw these kids coming out of pharmacy school who were learning less and less and couldn't figure out how to compound an Rx if their life depends on it. Do I have a point? Of course. It amazes me to no end what the FDA allows as generic drugs. Most of them are as effective as water when compared to the original brand name which is structured and process so differently! It causes me to ask the question, "Who's the FDA sleeping with that they actually allow these generics?" , OF course brand Xanax is going to actually calm that anxiety with just one pill. Not 2-3 generics. Also, most generics are white now. WHAT THE H___? WHAT about the little old lady that comes in with her couple boggle of pills because she can't fit all those huge bottle in her purses. We used to use very small bottle, put Cotton inside to keep them from breathing and carefully put pharmacy tape over the labels after I initial it with easy snapped on line. Different brands had colors for a reason. Put it this way, God forbid that you are a cancer patient getting a generic. Are you really getting what your doctor wants you to get? I don't think doctors realize that generic is a water down version and that patients are kind of sort of getting a crumb of what they originally want the old lady to have. Generic is like fatigue, watered, old state beer. The next time you fill tour Xanax as an "experiment", ask your doctor for a Prior Auth, for brand so your insurance will cover it. Sure it may be $5-10 bucks more but your pills will actually work and you may find you need less. Never get generic hormones also. Did you know that Premarin is decided from pregnant house urine? Sure, that's gonna cause cancer and the FDA allows it. While, back at the Mom And Pop store, they're working harder to compound bio identical hormones from natural ingredients that are designer for a specific individual based on their blood levels. Go for the bios, gals, you'll live longer.