Results 1 to 29 of 29
Simvastatin
  1. #1
    tara11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    82

    Question Simvastatin

    Hi all, I am taking this drug for my cholesterol to lower, but I am getting bad rashes on my hips, I have only taken for about 8 to 10 days now, I was prescribed last year, but never took cause I did not like the side effects, not I decided it was needed, but my rash and shoulder pain is getting bad, anyone else take and exp any of these symptoms ? I will email my Doc in the morning .

  2. #2
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    You really need to talk to your dr when you have side effects like that from any medication. It's obviously NOT something you should be experiencing. Let us know what you find out. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  3. #3
    tara11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    82

    Default Good Morning

    Hi Robert,
    How are you, hope well,I left a message on the other thread, but on this one, I am emailing my Doc now, I will let all who are interested know what she says !
    Thanks
    Craig

  4. #4
    tara11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    82

    Default

    My doctor told me to stop the meds, I am making major changes in my eating habit, no more nightly ice cream etc..................... so we will recheck my levels in 3 months, but for now, she advise to stop taking the Simvastatin, just and FYI ,
    Craig

  5. #5
    HenryNCBA Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tara11 View Post
    Hi all, I am taking this drug for my cholesterol to lower, but I am getting bad rashes on my hips, I have only taken for about 8 to 10 days now, I was prescribed last year, but never took cause I did not like the side effects, not I decided it was needed, but my rash and shoulder pain is getting bad, anyone else take and exp any of these symptoms ? I will email my Doc in the morning .
    Hello Tara,
    I myself take Atorvastatin which is known as Lipitor. As with most statins the symptoms you are producing is an indication that this particular medication may not be right for you. You may want to check with your doctor who can scrip another type of statin for you. Rashes is indicative of an allegic reaction especially if it looks like hives. You will also notice your eye lids becoming a little puffy and if you draw your corners of your mouth back your lips may crack or split a bit. Any kind of muscle ache or bone/joint pain is also another indication that this particular med may not be right for you and most meds will take about 7 to 14 days to show symptoms of conflict with your system in average people. Of course everyone is different and I have seen some react in just a couple days and others about 3 weeks after they start taking the meds. Your doctor should perform a liver function test to see how your liver is doing. If he/she looks at the results of your blood work and things like your ALT, AST and others are elevated he will take you off the med. The damage is reversable providing you don't take the meds for a prolonged period of time but if your liver gets that bad trust me you will know about it. My advice is check with your doctor as soon as possible.

    Henry

  6. #6
    HenryNCBA Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tara11 View Post
    My doctor told me to stop the meds, I am making major changes in my eating habit, no more nightly ice cream etc..................... so we will recheck my levels in 3 months, but for now, she advise to stop taking the Simvastatin, just and FYI ,
    Craig
    Great news Craig!
    Statins and cholesterol is something I am very familiar with as high lipids run in my family. I am talking 300 plus without meds. Taking 40 mg of Lipitor along with watching what I eat and exercise has brought down my total to 127 with my LDL at 52, HDL at 58. The one thing I found and this may be helpful to you also is that I dropped a lot of weight. I don't know your physical status but I was overweight and still am but not by much. I did this because I found out I am a type 2 diabetic so I cut out most of the carbs and really carb count on my meals and snacks. That brought my triglycerides down which I have never been able to get it under 150 down to 44. As a welcome side effect my other lipids all dropped in unison. Hope this tidbit of information helps.
    Just remember diet and exercise is key. There is no magic pill that can do that for you. It also helps with inflammation in the arteries and other areas in your body which affect your overall cardiovascular system.
    Keep going and you will be fine.

    Henry

  7. #7
    tara11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Thanks Henry,
    Cool, I am glad your health is good, I need to get to where you are now, I am not over weight, just smoke, drink coffie, was a hard drunk(now sober) addictive to pain meds etc.......................... so in a nut shell , last year I did not take the Cholesterol lowering drugs for fear it would interfere with my drug habit, now I am clean and sober, (almost clean) I take Soboxon, but am on the road to off them too, with a little help from a friend I have never met, but man he is a savor Just a FYI, I am 48, good health and I am a Plumber , so I am in fair shape, but my Cholesterol is through the roof ! I am a healthy eater and do eat right, not sure why it is so high, but I am working on making it lower one meal at a time Thanks for your input !
    Craig

  8. #8
    HenryNCBA Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tara11 View Post
    Thanks Henry,
    Cool, I am glad your health is good, I need to get to where you are now, I am not over weight, just smoke, drink coffie, was a hard drunk(now sober) addictive to pain meds etc.......................... so in a nut shell , last year I did not take the Cholesterol lowering drugs for fear it would interfere with my drug habit, now I am clean and sober, (almost clean) I take Soboxon, but am on the road to off them too, with a little help from a friend I have never met, but man he is a savor Just a FYI, I am 48, good health and I am a Plumber , so I am in fair shape, but my Cholesterol is through the roof ! I am a healthy eater and do eat right, not sure why it is so high, but I am working on making it lower one meal at a time Thanks for your input !
    Craig
    Good evening Craig,
    You must be talking about Robert He has helped me tremendously in getting off the opiates and going through W/D. I am following his program to get clean and even my doctor who is supposed to specialize in these sorts of things said that "there are certainly bright people out there and if his plan is working then by all means you have my blessings to continue it". He asked me for the site so I gave him the info. That speaks a lot about Robert's knowledge and also my doctor’s character. I earned a new respect for my doctor as doctors usually will never compliment someone that is not their peer. As FYI I am 52, for two more days anyway, and in better shape than earlier this year. Only 5'6" but used to be 210 which was way too heavy so I decided to get my act together and watch what I eat and exercise so that took me down to 170 since I started back in April. I just needed to get off the opiates and Robert has done that. I feel confident that I can do it and in fact know I can as I feel better now that I have felt in year even though I am still on subs. He hit the nail right on the head and I know that if one follow his directions to the letter there will be no problems. This site is great too with all the support out there. Something you will NEVER find in a doctors office that's for sure. By the way just as FYI in case you didn't know. Smoking also raises your bad cholesterol. I smoked for about 25 years but hung it up one day. Kept getting the flu and bronchitis every year so one day I just quit. That was hard as to this day I will admit I enjoyed smoking but won't go back to it. No I rarely get sick and in fact once I get clean I will be in better condition that I was 20 years ago which makes me happy to think about it.
    Hang in there and I will check on you now and then. Have a great evening!

    Henry

  9. #9
    tara11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Good Morning,
    You are 100% correct about everything you said, funny how it all works, same with my Doc, but yes, Robert is weining me off Subs, today I cut back from one full pill a day, to 3/4 of a pill for one full day, and will do that for the next 4 days, The worst I feel in this taper process is , sweaty, clamy and some blurred vision, but I know from past detox/withdrawal/just bad exp and I have alot of them in my past, this will pass, so I am pretty confident, this will be it, I do smoke and drink alot of coffee, So I have cut back 100%, not done yet, want to be, but harder than it sounds, you know, you have already done it, so I am kind of following in your footsteps, and I have cut my coffee back and started drinking 50/50 coffee, so I am hopefull my Cholesterol will lower and I will be off the suds soon, my Drug Doc got really mad because I took a 1/2 a Valium , I now know why, after reading up on it, but he freaked out, so he wants to drug test me again and check me before he writes another RX for more Sub, I am clean, but I hate this whole thing, but it is 100% my making So I am hoping the next time I see him, I am Sub free, and it should be easy, as I have about 15 at home and still 30 on a RX script, so I will try to keep you posted, where are you, what state ?
    Have a good day !
    Craig

  10. #10
    HenryNCBA Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tara11 View Post
    Good Morning,
    You are 100% correct about everything you said, funny how it all works, same with my Doc, but yes, Robert is weining me off Subs, today I cut back from one full pill a day, to 3/4 of a pill for one full day, and will do that for the next 4 days, The worst I feel in this taper process is , sweaty, clamy and some blurred vision, but I know from past detox/withdrawal/just bad exp and I have alot of them in my past, this will pass, so I am pretty confident, this will be it, I do smoke and drink alot of coffee, So I have cut back 100%, not done yet, want to be, but harder than it sounds, you know, you have already done it, so I am kind of following in your footsteps, and I have cut my coffee back and started drinking 50/50 coffee, so I am hopefull my Cholesterol will lower and I will be off the suds soon, my Drug Doc got really mad because I took a 1/2 a Valium , I now know why, after reading up on it, but he freaked out, so he wants to drug test me again and check me before he writes another RX for more Sub, I am clean, but I hate this whole thing, but it is 100% my making So I am hoping the next time I see him, I am Sub free, and it should be easy, as I have about 15 at home and still 30 on a RX script, so I will try to keep you posted, where are you, what state ?
    Have a good day !
    Craig
    Hello Craig,
    Last one first. I am in California in the San Francisco Bay Area. What State are you in? Doctors will freak for sure if they find you are taking benzo's and subs together. That is a big no-no. Also the meds contraindicate each other and you may have very adverse reactions of which none of them will be good news. Best to not take any benzo's with subs period and especially while Robert is tapering you off with subs. From what I have read on other threads and also talking with my own doctor, he knows I have scrips and meds at home for Ativan and also Valium, he stated to NOT take the meds in conjunction with any subs. If I do then I can go find someone else and he explained why. Lots of liability issues for them and having a very sick or dead patient is not good for anyone especially the affected patient for sure. The symptoms you are feeling are right along with opiate W/D symptoms. I am in the taper process myself and after my last taper, which was Sunday, that starting Sunday night I started feeling the familiar symptoms of W/D which Robert said is from the med and I have every reason to believe him. Over time I have grown familiar with the symptoms and immediately know if it is caused by my W/D and going through my taper. Sweating is extremely common along with the accompanying hot flashes. I'm not just talking a damp feeling on the forehead either. I'm talking about changing shirts and having a towel in your hands to soak up the sweat type of sweating. Then almost as suddenly as it appeared it goes away and within a few minutes after dissipating I am feeling somewhat back to so called normal. Clammy is associated with the sweating and hot flashes and I attribute it to the body trying to just figure out what is normal and it is conflicting with the chemicals in your system so it is testing the parameters on both ends to see what is normal and what is not. Strange how all this works but I kind of look at it as the mind body connection. Blurred vision is another one and I get that especially right after I wake up or if I sit and try to read something or stare at a screen too much everything starts getting fuzzy. Other things you may or may not feel is depression for apparently no reason, lack of energy and just lying around feeling depressed not wanting to do anything yet feeling bad for doing what you are doing. Then also anxiety that rushes in for also no apparent reason or sometimes you focus on one issue and usually it is associated to or related to some health issue you are concerned about and you start freaking out to the point you feel like you are loosing it. That is just your mind playing tricks on you and although you might feel like running down the street screaming just try and take a deep breath and focus on the thought of "it's these darn meds that is doing this to me. I am fighting this and I WILL win and get clean. I am just paying my dues". Follow Robert's instructions and you will be fine really. He knows what he is doing and talking about. I find that the closer you follow his instructions the easier it gets. That and he is also extremely busy as you probably know helping so many other folks that he has no time to sit and hold someone’s hand to baby them along and for sure no time to argue with anyone that won't follow his recommendations. That is a waste of everyone’s time and efforts. You are doing fine though. Just hang in there and keep with the program. If you feel like taking a certain med and you are not sure post here and if Robert is on line he can help. There are many other knowledgeable folks on this site that monitor things as well and sometimes just chime in and surprise you and it is indeed a nice surprise.
    Just a quick note on the smoking and your caffeine addiction. I have helped others quite smoking. Myself being a former couple packs a day person I know how hard it is to quit. Same with coffee. Coffee and cigs together is a tough nut to crack. Especially after a good meal. When you first get up. Before turning in at night. While driving, etc... I would start, if that is what you want, to cut back on the coffee first. Nothing wrong with a nice cup of java every now and then but a continuous stream of coffee going into your system is not going to make things better for you. What I usually recommend, and I don't really know you so I can't tailor something specifically to you for you, is to put yourself on an awards system where you reward yourself basically for good behavior. It sounds corny but I am telling it like it is and in time it works. Don't go C/T as you are already going through taper so you don't need any unnecessary added stressors to your life right now. If you choose to cut back this is just one example that has worked for a couple people trying to cut back on caffeine. Follow a 10% reduction rule. Cut back by 10% each week. This will allow your mind/body to become accustomed to a slight decrease in caffeine each week. When you get to 50% go to 10% reduction every two weeks. Once you are down to the 10% mark you are right there with normal coffee drinkers that don't guzzle cup after cup so it doesn't become such an urgent issue anymore. BUT HERE IS THE GOOD PART! Each weekend you treat yourself for a job well done. I have recommended to folks to go to a place like Starbucks and get yourself a non-fat latte. Add a little sugar substitute. Sit back and enjoy. You won't get the caffeine buzz nor a sugar jolt but if you savor the flavor and aroma you will find that you will actually start to like it. In time when ever you feel the need for caffeine and it is not within your allotment you get one of these. As time goes along you replace your coffee with a beverage similar or like one of these. Not everyone is the same though and what worked for a few others may not work for you. You have to tailor a program for yourself for what works for you. Main thing is to not get discouraged and keep trying. After time you will hit on something that will stick.
    Have a great afternoon and hang in there. You can do it I know you can. You have already showed you are determined and willing to follow Robert's instructions so the battle is already being won.

    Henry

  11. #11
    tara11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    82

    Smile

    Thanks for the boost, I am in Calif too, I am way down the coast, I am in Marina Del Rey, chat with you soon, the coffee is not as bad as the Ciggs, I am down from about 2 packs a day to 1 or less, and my coffee is down 50% already, I am a Plumber and get to the shop every morning at 6am, I am usually done about now Have a great night /rest of the day !
    Craig

  12. #12
    HenryNCBA Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tara11 View Post
    Thanks for the boost, I am in Calif too, I am way down the coast, I am in Marina Del Rey, chat with you soon, the coffee is not as bad as the Ciggs, I am down from about 2 packs a day to 1 or less, and my coffee is down 50% already, I am a Plumber and get to the shop every morning at 6am, I am usually done about now Have a great night /rest of the day !
    Craig
    Cool! Marina Del Ray has some really nice restaurants that I have been to! Glad to hear that you cut back on the cigs and coffee. Keep with Roberts’s advice on the weaning down of your subs. He REALLY knows his stuff. Others on this site also are tremendous support and inspiration. Have a great day!

    Henry

  13. #13
    tara11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    82

    Question

    Hi Henry,
    Hope you are well, getting ready for your first real rain ? Hopefully we will get some ! I was wondering, you are getting of Subs as well, today I felt like I was in very minor withdrawals, sweaty, not much of an appetite, just basically feel ************, is this normal, tomorrow I cut back from 3/4 of a pill to a 1/2 a pill in one full day, so I have a feeling I will feel crappier, it is ok, I have my own Bizz, so I stay busy, here is what I do, I am Craig, www.craigsplumbing.net, well just wondering about how I feel, I have posted up on the other forum, but no answer as of yet !
    Have a good rest of the day !
    Craig

  14. #14
    HenryNCBA Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tara11 View Post
    Hi Henry,
    Hope you are well, getting ready for your first real rain ? Hopefully we will get some ! I was wondering, you are getting of Subs as well, today I felt like I was in very minor withdrawals, sweaty, not much of an appetite, just basically feel ************, is this normal, tomorrow I cut back from 3/4 of a pill to a 1/2 a pill in one full day, so I have a feeling I will feel crappier, it is ok, I have my own Bizz, so I stay busy, here is what I do, I am Craig, www.craigsplumbing.net, well just wondering about how I feel, I have posted up on the other forum, but no answer as of yet !
    Have a good rest of the day !
    Craig
    Hi Craig,
    I am hanging in there. You are right that I am tapering on subs also. I am at .375 mg twice a day. First one at 08:15 and the second and final for the day at 15:20. I am supposed to be going for my next taper but I am currently waiting for Robert to let me know what to do. I am also feeling W/D symptoms. Nothing that will stop me from working or anything but on my other post I listed what I feel and that is when I get up I first feel anxiety then depression sets in. I feel that way until about an hour and a half after I dose in the morning I start to feel better. During the day I get neck aches, hot flashes with bouts of sweating. Not just a little sweating either as in a damp forehead but beads of sweat dripping off my face and this comes on within a minute or so. Very suddenly. I hear others have the same thing but everyone is different so some get it right away and others not at all. My appetite is okay but I have some trouble falling asleep and staying asleep as I am waking up about every hour. I get up look around and maybe get something to munch on or what ever then go back to sleep. I have no trouble falling back asleep. For me what I find confusing is I felt the sweating and some things when I first was in W/D as I was going cold turkey off the pain meds. Also when I first was on Suboxone (that med didn't agree with my system but it works for many other folks) I also had these symptoms. The neck pain is at the base of the neck between the shoulders and stiffens my neck so much that if I turn my head I have a hard time even trying to put my chin over which ever shoulder and the pain is very noticeable. I can feel the tightness. I had this when my doctor had me on too much sub and Robert cut me back and it went away. What I personally find confusing is when I was at a higher dose previous to my last taper (I was at .50mg morning and .50 mg afternoon for a total of 1 mg a day) I felt absolutley wonderful! Prior to that level I was at 1.25 mg per day and had some of these symptoms off and on so my confusion right now is am I taking too much sub because I feel the same symptoms from when I took too much before so now my system is telling me it is time for a taper or am I not taking enough because at my most previous level I felt great before the cut? I am waiting for Robert's suggestion on what to do as I follow his advice to the letter.
    To answer your question my personal answer (and I may or may not be right or wrong as I am no expert on this subject of subs) is the symptoms you are feeling is because of an imbalance. You are either taking too much or not enough and may be it is your system telling you that you are ready for another cut? I can't comment really on the answer for sure. I would ask Robert as he really has a heck of a lot of experience and knowledge on this. I can say though I believe your symptoms is from an imbalance and that it is time to do something. What that something is I can not say so I apologize for that.
    I checked out your web site. Cool! Nice family you have and great business. I can see why you are busy with work.
    You have a wonderful weekend Craig and I will keep in touch with you to see how you are doing as well.

    Henry

  15. #15
    tara11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    82

    Wink Henry

    Good morning,
    I think you are correct, Robert told me to stay at 3/4 a pill each day for a few more days, how much is .375, I was taking 1 pill and a half, my pills are orange Octagon shaped pill, now I take half in the morning and 1/4 about 2ish, so Robert as I said, wants me to get stable on this for a few more days and then drop, I may even be able to get off before I get the 30 more pills I have left on the RX, have a great day and God Bless, OH I basically take a little less than 3/4 a day, I try to make it that way, the shelf life amazes me, it is very powerful drug, well maybe we will be off together, and then we can smile ! Good luck and I will check in daily, I always have time
    Craig

  16. #16
    HenryNCBA Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tara11 View Post
    Good morning,
    I think you are correct, Robert told me to stay at 3/4 a pill each day for a few more days, how much is .375, I was taking 1 pill and a half, my pills are orange Octagon shaped pill, now I take half in the morning and 1/4 about 2ish, so Robert as I said, wants me to get stable on this for a few more days and then drop, I may even be able to get off before I get the 30 more pills I have left on the RX, have a great day and God Bless, OH I basically take a little less than 3/4 a day, I try to make it that way, the shelf life amazes me, it is very powerful drug, well maybe we will be off together, and then we can smile ! Good luck and I will check in daily, I always have time
    Craig
    Hi Craig my friend,
    First and foremost if Robert gave you a suggestion my advice is to please please please follow it to the letter. He has done this for a very long time and has helped more people than you and I combined would ever know. He really knows what he is doing and although he is not a doctor his knowledge and experience far surpasses doctors on these subject. He makes them look like kids trying to put plastic squares in circles and circles in triangles. I have gone by his recommendations to the letter and I can say for absolute certainty that it will work if you do exactly as he suggests. That said the pills you describe is called Suboxone. I used to take that but I had a negative reaction to it and at the time I didn't know it and even my sub doctor didn't see it but Robert spotted it immediately and this was done on this site and he hasn't talked to me verbally or seen me! He had it pinpointed so fast it wasn't funny. He had me switch meds to Subutex which does not have this one element in it called Naloxone which caused my reaction and since switching I felt better almost instantly. Within a couple hours I could actually feel my bad symptoms going away. It felt strange yet so cool that I could actually feel getting better like that. We all get in a hurry to get off this stuff I know and I am myself very impatient but I will stick to his plan and even my sub doctor said "well there are certainly very bright people out there and quite frankly Henry if it is working that well for you then I see no harm in continuing what you two are working on and you have my blessings. However if you feel that something is wrong then stop and give me a call". That came from a doctor now and for him to say something like that which basically puts the controls no longer in his hands is saying something. Anyway I think you understand what I am trying to say. I am not trying to get on your case or anything but just trying to explain that if we follow Roberts’s advice it will work. I am just trying to emphasize it and why. .375 mg is 3/4 mg split in half. Robert can tell you how to cut up the meds properly to get the most accurate measurement possible and also the times to take them. You are right though that these subs are so tiny we think in terms of size and we see such a tiny pill but don't over or underestimate these little subs. They are powerful drugs and if not used within a very narrow spectrum of use it will easily throw things of kilter.
    Have a wonderful Sunday and I'll keep in touch and check up on you.
    Let me know how you are doing as we move along.

    Henry

  17. #17
    tara11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Cool, thanks, I have followed his direction to a tee, and it feels cool to know I am on my way to freedom, I like it, I do have a pill cutter, and I am doing the best I can to follow his direction, stay dry the next few days, hopefully we will get some of that rain, God Bless !
    Craig

  18. #18
    HenryNCBA Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tara11 View Post
    Cool, thanks, I have followed his direction to a tee, and it feels cool to know I am on my way to freedom, I like it, I do have a pill cutter, and I am doing the best I can to follow his direction, stay dry the next few days, hopefully we will get some of that rain, God Bless !
    Craig
    I hear you Craig.
    They said the weather is calling for rain starting tomorrow up here in the San Francsico Bay Area. We can use it actually. Been a pretty dry past few years. I hate this water rationing stuff as it makes things very difficult. Glad to hear you are doing well on your taper. Robert really is a great guy and really does know his stuff. I need to get a pill cutter myself as I am doing it the old fashioned way using a razor and a small piece of glass or a mirror and people think I am cutting up lines of something else. Some one at work the other week was commenting "oh look. He's cutting lines. Can I have some?" I said "no go get your own". That was funny because everyone including my boss knows what I am going through and they are all supporting me on this. Nice to have good folks backing you up.
    Have a great evening and a good work week. With the economy the way it is I hope your business is doing well.

    Henry

  19. #19
    tara11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    82

    Talking

    Pill cutters make it easy and they are pretty cheap, a few dollars, all it is a a fancy razor blade and a surface, with a cushion, I agree with you, rain is good, work got very slow, we had to let 6 guys go, but it has really picked up alot in the last 2 months or so, we stay busy because we are honest and fair, most of our work is referral, and that is the best, I have a strong feeling you will do great, you seem focused and like you are determined and that is what it takes, and yes it helps to have your working buddies behind you, i almost lost our main account, my wife and I had to go in their and have a meeting and I had to tell the owner the truith, turns out he has a few kids in the same boat, and was 100% behind me, so people honestly care, not many, but at least the ones that count in our lives !
    Have a great day, whatever you do ! I will check in later !
    Craig

  20. #20
    HenryNCBA Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tara11 View Post
    Pill cutters make it easy and they are pretty cheap, a few dollars, all it is a a fancy razor blade and a surface, with a cushion, I agree with you, rain is good, work got very slow, we had to let 6 guys go, but it has really picked up alot in the last 2 months or so, we stay busy because we are honest and fair, most of our work is referral, and that is the best, I have a strong feeling you will do great, you seem focused and like you are determined and that is what it takes, and yes it helps to have your working buddies behind you, i almost lost our main account, my wife and I had to go in their and have a meeting and I had to tell the owner the truith, turns out he has a few kids in the same boat, and was 100% behind me, so people honestly care, not many, but at least the ones that count in our lives !
    Have a great day, whatever you do ! I will check in later !
    Craig
    Hello Craig,
    I agree that honesty counts and those that care will care regardless and that tells you who you can count on and who your friends are. It is a great feeling when the people you might least expect turn out to be your biggest supporters and they actually step forward and make it known. I work in the cargo transporation industry here at the Port of Oakland. I coordinate sales and operations for the company I work for and for the community I coordinate safety and homeland security, coordination of the industry from the trucking side of things, politics, and a host of other things I need a vacation for
    You seem to be doing very well that I am very happy for you!
    Hang in there and have a great day!

    Henry

  21. #21
    tara11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    82

    Wink

    Hi Henry,
    How is it going today, I did get a bug, my throat is raw and I am very sweaty, so I just think it is a bug my son brought home, he is 11 and probably carries lots of bugs home from school I am going home, we are very busy and I love it, finally it seems like it did before the so called recession, well I have a computers at home, will check in later, it makes me feel good to read all the posts about the various other guys and gals going through the same thing we are , but a different stages, it is definitely doable to get off subs, just slow and easy and sooner than later, we will be done ! I am praying the 10 pills plus pieces and another script for 30, will be enough to get me 100% off the subs, I need to ask Robert , I pray it is, I do not want to see my sub doc anymore, only chat on the phone, calls are free Visits cost at a minimum $165.00 and as I said earlier, pills are about $6.00 each Ouch, have a great afternoon !
    Craig

  22. #22
    HenryNCBA Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tara11 View Post
    Hi Henry,
    How is it going today, I did get a bug, my throat is raw and I am very sweaty, so I just think it is a bug my son brought home, he is 11 and probably carries lots of bugs home from school I am going home, we are very busy and I love it, finally it seems like it did before the so called recession, well I have a computers at home, will check in later, it makes me feel good to read all the posts about the various other guys and gals going through the same thing we are , but a different stages, it is definitely doable to get off subs, just slow and easy and sooner than later, we will be done ! I am praying the 10 pills plus pieces and another script for 30, will be enough to get me 100% off the subs, I need to ask Robert , I pray it is, I do not want to see my sub doc anymore, only chat on the phone, calls are free Visits cost at a minimum $165.00 and as I said earlier, pills are about $6.00 each Ouch, have a great afternoon !
    Craig
    6 dollars a piece??? Wow that is rough! I'm glad I have insurance. I'm sure a lot of the meds I take are probably very expensive. Have you see the price of the statins we take? I don't even want to go there on the price of those. Too bad about the bug. There is a nasty one going around. Folks up here are catching it and I am sure your son runs into all sorts at school which is a breeding ground for colds, flu, and other nasty stuff. Get some rest, drink LOTS of fluids. I conducted an experiement and although I don't have enough data that when I caught a flu I would drink fluids to the point I was VERY well hydrated and during the day I would be going to the bathroom every half hour or so. It was a pain to get out of bed but I can say that I sincerely feel that it shortened the duration of my flu from the normal 8 to 10 days in bed to 4 to 5 days. I tried this twice so far and twice it had the same results. I had my wife try it and same with her so there must be something to that.
    Hang in there buddy and get over this bug quick. We have some cleaning to do!
    Have a great afternoon!

    Henry

  23. #23
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tara11 View Post
    Hi Henry,
    How is it going today, I did get a bug, my throat is raw and I am very sweaty, so I just think it is a bug my son brought home, he is 11 and probably carries lots of bugs home from school I am going home, we are very busy and I love it, finally it seems like it did before the so called recession, well I have a computers at home, will check in later, it makes me feel good to read all the posts about the various other guys and gals going through the same thing we are , but a different stages, it is definitely doable to get off subs, just slow and easy and sooner than later, we will be done ! I am praying the 10 pills plus pieces and another script for 30, will be enough to get me 100% off the subs, I need to ask Robert , I pray it is, I do not want to see my sub doc anymore, only chat on the phone, calls are free Visits cost at a minimum $165.00 and as I said earlier, pills are about $6.00 each Ouch, have a great afternoon !
    Craig



    Craig .... 40 pills is quite a few pills. I think there is a very good chance you'll have enough. We just have to stay focused on that taper.

    You should have enough pills though is my best guess. No one can foresee the future with 100% accuracy but you should be okay in my opinion. Just stay in touch closely with me.

    We can try to take advantage of every opportunity when things are going well to gain as much ground as we can and get the most out of those pills. Hope that helps put your mind at ease a little at least. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  24. #24
    tara11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    82

    Default

    You snuck up on us, COOL, I will do whatever you suggest, I have a head cold, but I am ok other than that, I will check in , in the morning when I get to my shop, I Have ten pills here now, I counted when I got home, so I will post in the morning and see what you want me to taper too on Wed !
    I am going to take a shower and hit the sack, need to shake this cold, my troat is raw See you guys and gals in the morning !
    Craig

  25. #25
    HenryNCBA Guest

    Default Checking up on you

    Hello Craig,
    Hey buddy just checking up on you. How is your cold? Hopefully it was or is just one of those short term bugs that is over with in a couple/few days. Get your boat ready. It is raining like mad up here and already we have areas under water. It hasn't stormed this bad up here in many years. Some cities are handing our sandbags. What normally is a 35 minute commute in the mornings today turned out to be closer to 2 hours.
    Hope you are doing well.

    Henry

  26. #26
    tara11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    82

    Default Good Morning Sir

    Hi Henry,
    I am feeling better, but still bad, lots of clammy and sweaty, and very clogged, so it is all good, I think this is a good time to taper as my body is very confused, less Sub and a virus, so I will be fine, the big day I would think would be tomorrow, as today is day two of cutting back from 3/4 to 1/2 in one day, I can handle the sweats and ************ feeling, and the rain came and is gone, glad you are dry and safe, for us, Lobster season is here, we will start going once winter is more in full swing, it thins out alot when it gets colder and more wintery, have a great day and be safe, I am trucking forward !
    Craig

  27. #27
    HenryNCBA Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tara11 View Post
    Hi Henry,
    I am feeling better, but still bad, lots of clammy and sweaty, and very clogged, so it is all good, I think this is a good time to taper as my body is very confused, less Sub and a virus, so I will be fine, the big day I would think would be tomorrow, as today is day two of cutting back from 3/4 to 1/2 in one day, I can handle the sweats and ************ feeling, and the rain came and is gone, glad you are dry and safe, for us, Lobster season is here, we will start going once winter is more in full swing, it thins out alot when it gets colder and more wintery, have a great day and be safe, I am trucking forward !
    Craig
    Craig,
    That is wonderful news! Just stick with Roberts recommendations and you will be just fine. We had some heavy rains up here. Some cities were flooded with 3' of water. Such is life in the Bay Area!
    Glad to hear you seem to be doing better. Hang in there buddy and keep on truckin!

    Henry

  28. #28
    tara11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Just checkin in, I am ding ok, I still have my cold, and the sweats seemed to getting less and that is great, so tomorrow I will drop my dose again, this Sub is a very powerful drug But I will be hopefully 100% off in the next few weeks I hope ! Take care and hope you are well !
    Craig

  29. #29
    HenryNCBA Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tara11 View Post
    Just checkin in, I am ding ok, I still have my cold, and the sweats seemed to getting less and that is great, so tomorrow I will drop my dose again, this Sub is a very powerful drug But I will be hopefully 100% off in the next few weeks I hope ! Take care and hope you are well !
    Craig
    Hello Craig,
    I'm hanging in there to say the least. Right now I am so aching and tired I don't know if it is from the constant go, go, go from working or the W/D. You are doing really great on your taper! Don't worry about the sweats. I am at .28 mg in the morning and .28 mg in the afternoon and I still get the sweats pretty bad at times. The other week some folks were looking at me really strange because I litterally had rivers of sweat running off my face so I just calmly looked at them and said "swine flu. Sorry". I have never seen such look of panic on peoples faces. They know what I am going through but I just couldn't resist. The subs are indeed a very powerful drug and as time goes on I am noticing that it only works really "GOOD" within a narrow spectrum of dosage verses timing otherwise it is either so-so or feels like it doesn't work or worse yet is it makes you feel terrible. I am sure your cold is not helping the sweating and other symptoms you are feeling and it is a combination of both. Hope you get over this bug quickly.
    Hang in there my friend!

    Henry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22