Results 1 to 12 of 12
roxies?
  1. #1
    lumina is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    24

    Default roxies?

    Does anyone know of a pill called a roxie? Is it similar to oxycotin, and red in color.

  2. #2
    kaytee1114 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Yea, I've heard of them, my friends take them all the time. I don't really know much about them, but i really want to know. I guess you can snort or just take them by your mouth. My friends usually snort them... if you have any info about them, please let me know

    Katie

  3. #3
    zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    2,482

    Default

    I believe what this is referring to is Roxicet, Roxies is what they are referred to on the street by abusers.

    Roxicet contains acetaminophen and Oxycodone, these are instant release but many people crush and snort them in order to get the effects faster.

    Here's more info:

    http://www.drugs.com/roxicet.html



    My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

  4. #4
    careblair is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I believe you are actually referring to Roxicodone rather than Roxicet.

    http://www.drugs.com/cdi/roxicodone.html

  5. #5
    badabeep is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Roxys or Roxicodone is instant release oxycodone. Doctors are starting to use them to replace oxycontin. They come in 15 and 30mg strengths. Unlike oxycontin which is time released over a period of 12hrs Roxys are instantanious so there is no need to crush them down. Unless you are going to shoot them up or snort them. They are also called blues.

  6. #6
    JoanieJoanie is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default Oh dear. This is problematic

    I found a text on my 20something-year-old son's cell phone (which I bought and paid for along with all monthly bills, so I had a right to look through it)(not to mention he threw it away in my trash), and read where someone had referenced that they knew "roxies" were his "drug of choice." Those were the exact words.

    I came here from a Google search to see what "roxies" are and boy, did I get an eye-opener!

    Was that person actually referencing "roxycodone?" Is that what a roxie is?

    This discovery concerns me on so many levels, not the least of which is the fact that I take roxycodone pills every day and have for the last year.

    It never occurred to me that my own medication would be what he likes to take recreationally.

    I keep my own meds in a lock box that looks like a cute little square purse, but it is securely locked with a combination lock. Even my husband doesn't know the combination. Plus, I change the combination about once a month and I never use combinations that correspond with anything - the numbers are totally random. Also, my meds are very, very carefully controlled by my doctor and I always have the correct amount, so I would know if any were missing or if they were replaced with other meds.

    Still, it really concerns me that he would be taking these, I guess because they are so familiar to me. Plus, I am intimately familiar with their strength.

    Fortunately, I have good reasons to believe that part of his life is over or at least he is moving in the right direction. Also fortunate is that he is not addicted to anything, he just "parties" with his friends, even though I detest that, too, and know that continued or regular use will result in a dependency. Lack of access/availability is very helpful.

    I'm sure no one here has any interest in any of this. I just needed to write it. Thanks for the information and the space to write.
    Last edited by JoanieJoanie; 01-06-2010 at 05:32 PM.

  7. #7
    EricaMarie is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieJoanie View Post
    I found a text on my 20something-year-old son's cell phone (which I bought and paid for along with all monthly bills, so I had a right to look through it)(not to mention he threw it away in my trash), and read where someone had referenced that they knew "roxies" were his "drug of choice." Those were the exact words.

    I came here from a Google search to see what "roxies" are and boy, did I get an eye-opener!

    Was that person actually referencing "roxycodone?" Is that what a roxie is?

    This discovery concerns me on so many levels, not the least of which is the fact that I take roxycodone pills every day and have for the last year.

    It never occurred to me that my own medication would be what he likes to take recreationally.

    I keep my own meds in a lock box that looks like a cute little square purse, but it is securely locked with a combination lock. Even my husband doesn't know the combination. Plus, I change the combination about once a month and I never use combinations that correspond with anything - the numbers are totally random. Also, my meds are very, very carefully controlled by my doctor and I always have the correct amount, so I would know if any were missing or if they were replaced with other meds.

    Still, it really concerns me that he would be taking these, I guess because they are so familiar to me. Plus, I am intimately familiar with their strength.

    Fortunately, I have good reasons to believe that part of his life is over or at least he is moving in the right direction. Also fortunate is that he is not addicted to anything, he just "parties" with his friends, even though I detest that, too, and know that continued or regular use will result in a dependency. Lack of access/availability is very helpful.

    I'm sure no one here has any interest in any of this. I just needed to write it. Thanks for the information and the space to write.
    Don't feel like anyone is uninterested in your story. Glad you could vent. That's what many come here for. Don't overlook the fact that even though he is or may be "recreationally" using now, it could very quickly turn into everyday use and addiction. When I started, I was just a recreational user myself. I started on lortabs. Loved the energy they gave me. I had this warm, happy feeling. I would talk and talk and call everyone so I could talk more. I'd clean my apartment and just bask in happiness. And I started on JUST the weekends. Then after a time period I noticed I wasn't feeling so happy. I wasn't feeling a surge of energy. Then I tried oxycontin and the pattern started and ended again. Hence came a devilish addiction. A nightmare. And I'm just now getting back 5 years of my life that I gave away to my addiction. So, that being said, just be careful. Be aware. Very rarely does 'recreational' use remain just that.....recreational.

  8. #8
    Melissa B is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    538

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by EricaMarie View Post
    Don't feel like anyone is uninterested in your story. Glad you could vent. That's what many come here for. Don't overlook the fact that even though he is or may be "recreationally" using now, it could very quickly turn into everyday use and addiction. When I started, I was just a recreational user myself. I started on lortabs. Loved the energy they gave me. I had this warm, happy feeling. I would talk and talk and call everyone so I could talk more. I'd clean my apartment and just bask in happiness. And I started on JUST the weekends. Then after a time period I noticed I wasn't feeling so happy. I wasn't feeling a surge of energy. Then I tried oxycontin and the pattern started and ended again. Hence came a devilish addiction. A nightmare. And I'm just now getting back 5 years of my life that I gave away to my addiction. So, that being said, just be careful. Be aware. Very rarely does 'recreational' use remain just that.....recreational.
    That's eery, how your story sounds so similar to mine. I totally agree with you. The pills give you a false sense of security, and a very clean house... at first! Boy, that goes to HE!! fast! Courage in a pill. They made me everything that I wanted to be and then sucked the life right out of me. Totally agree with you Erica.

    Melissa
    Melissa

  9. #9
    michaelb089 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Speaking of addiction. I think a lot of addiction has to do with the individuals personality. More specifically how strong willed they are and wether or not they have an addictive personality in the first place. I'm not condoning drug use I'm just saying that just because someone uses a substance recreationally doesn't mean they will become dependent or an addict. Think about all the people that drink alcohol but don't become alcoholics. Usually alcoholics will have a hereditary desposition to alcoholism and I believe the same thing goes for other addictions as well.

  10. #10
    pauliwog41 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2

    Talking are you talking about roxicodone?

    Quote Originally Posted by lumina View Post
    Does anyone know of a pill called a roxie? Is it similar to oxycotin, and red in color.
    Hi, I have taken roxicodone for many years now & yes there is a roxy or roxie which is actually: Oxycodone HCl 60mg ER (extended release), it is red, convex, round-shaped, 1 side says OC, other side of tablet says 60 any help to you?

  11. #11
    pauliwog41 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default I definitly agree with you guys!

    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa B View Post
    That's eery, how your story sounds so similar to mine. I totally agree with you. The pills give you a false sense of security, and a very clean house... at first! Boy, that goes to HE!! fast! Courage in a pill. They made me everything that I wanted to be and then sucked the life right out of me. Totally agree with you Erica.

    Melissa
    Wow! What you both wrote happened to me too, the clean house, the warm fuzzy feeling with that "I can do anything feeling"!, but then it all wore off and I wanted that feeling back so I went to the next level stronger & so on...up the ladder..(or down I should say)! I wish I could turn back the clock & never took any of what I'm on if I could but the pain has gotten worse over time, along with depression, etc... If only I could have had a lower tolerance!

  12. #12
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pauliwog41 View Post
    Wow! What you both wrote happened to me too, the clean house, the warm fuzzy feeling with that "I can do anything feeling"!, but then it all wore off and I wanted that feeling back so I went to the next level stronger & so on...up the ladder..(or down I should say)! I wish I could turn back the clock & never took any of what I'm on if I could but the pain has gotten worse over time, along with depression, etc... If only I could have had a lower tolerance!




    When I quit Roxies I was taking anywhere from 25-30 30mg Roxies each day plus a bunge of other garbage. Used like that a very long time. Tell us how we can help you. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22