Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 2 Post By newyorkgal
Robert325 plz help! Can u start taking Subutex w/o having 2 wait until u r in w/d?
    Anonymous Guest

Unhappy Robert325 plz help! Can u start taking Subutex w/o having 2 wait until u r in w/d?

Pattishan told me to look for you and that you could help answer my question...

I am trying to stop taking oxys (its up to 480mgs a day n i've been using for over 2 years) and I was told that if I take Subutex instead of Suboxone that I can take it w/o having to wait the 48hrs or however long of taking no oxys and that it WON'T send me into precip. withdrawal... so can anyone please help me? Is this true? I can't wait that long w/o having anything so I can't take Suboxone, but I was told that you don't have to wait at all w/ Subutex, that you can just start taking it and you won't have any precip. withdrawals but now I'm reading different things and it's freaking me out!! Please help!!

http://www.drugs.com/answers/can-you...it-346511.html

So basically I need to find something that I can start taking w/o having to wait until I'm sick because w/ the amout that I take now a days (480mgs a day, and now injecting) I know that i will get really really sick and that is the whole thing holding me back from quitting, I just can't take it. And I'm also afraid that even if I did wait till I was sick and then started taking something that I would take it too soon and go into precip. w/d and I've seen that happen to someone before and it has me terrified! So please help, I don't know what I can do w/o getting violently ill. I'm pretty much on my own with this, my family has no idea about this, they think I take 1 pill a day since I am functioning and look and act normal, but that's clearly not the case.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

It's the buprenorphine in both meds that cause problems. Read the following link paying special attention to the INDUCTION section. Let me know how I can help you. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

It won't be as bad as you think and it won't last as long. I was on a methadone program for many years, had to go 72 hours with nothing before the switch and it was highly unpleasant but very manageable. If your choice is be in w/d for a day or so or continue to shoot oxy, you know what the best decision is. It won't be as bad as you think and when you do start the sub, the w/d will be gone in less than an hour.

Anonymous Guest

Default Robert325.. what about the Naltrexone Implant? Do you know anything abt that?

Robert325.. or ANYONE who can help... what about the Naltrexone Implant? Do you know anything about that? I am trying to find the best option for me because I am going to be out of my medication VERY soon and I need to get started on something ASAP!! Thanks again..

Quote Originally Posted by NEEDShelp26 View Post
    Robert325.. or ANYONE who can help... what about the Naltrexone Implant? Do you know anything about that? I am trying to find the best option for me because I am going to be out of my medication VERY soon and I need to get started on something ASAP!! Thanks again..

I personally don't like the implants as they last six months. They give you a higher dose than you need most of the time and that is much longer than you need to get off opiates. These implants are just another way for drug companies to get you addicted to another medication in my opinion. I can help you with subs and you'll be clean in about two months if you will follow my instructions. Here is the link how I do it. Let me know. And I have NEVER put anyone in precipitated w/d. I know how to do this. Been doing it a long time. Pay close attention to the INDUCTION section using the COWS worksheet to know when to begin. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Robert_325; 12-21-2010 at 09:30 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

Default ok so if i do go the subutex route...

About how long is it going to take me to get to 26 on the COWS test before I can start taking the meds if I use about 480mgs of oxys (or sometimes herion if I can't get any oxys) a day? I am on my way right now to get the meds from the dr and I'm freaking out! And why do they not like to give out subutex if that's better than suboxone? Why would they want to give me suboxone instead? Isn't subutex better??

Anonymous Guest

suboxone has stuff in it, so you, like me, cant shoot it up. its simple.

and there is no time limit on reaching a 26, some reach it real quick and others take longer, specially if youve been on methadone (like i was, shooting that as well)

i can see you are trying to take shortcuts, and get this sub in you quick, well you have been warned about the prec wd, trust me, you dont want to go into them, i did when i started subs, and i was not a happy camper for 2 days. yeh i finally came right, but its immediate wd, and not the best thing to happen.

print out the sheet that robert told ya to check over, if you hadve read it you will see its not a time thing, its a symptom thing.
    and plenty of us were on large doses and made the switch so chill out, take your time, be prepared to get a bit sick, but in the end its gonna be soooo worth it to wait, and do it properly..

thats all i can tell ya. subutex is not better than suboxone, theyre the same thing cept for the naloxone. and they give that to needle freaks like you and me. for our own self preservation. ok. go for it.

take this chance and get it right. read up.

cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by NEEDShelp26 View Post
    About how long is it going to take me to get to 26 on the COWS test before I can start taking the meds if I use about 480mgs of oxys (or sometimes herion if I can't get any oxys) a day? I am on my way right now to get the meds from the dr and I'm freaking out! And why do they not like to give out subutex if that's better than suboxone? Why would they want to give me suboxone instead? Isn't subutex better??

Cheeky gave you the exact right answer. There are no clocks involved with reaching a 26 on the COWS worksheet. You have to be hard on yourself and make sure you don't blow this or you'll wish you never heard of subs. If you do it right it will help you, if you mess up and take it too soon you'll probably end up in the ER somewhere. I'm serious, wait it out until you hit the 26.

It could take 12 hours, more than likely it will take longer. When I did it I didn't use subs until two full days had passed. And I felt like a new person on a small dose within minutes. You do the induction too soon and end up in precip w/d you'll be in a mess. That's why I gave you the link above and told you that too many sub drs don't know what they are doing handing out the subs.

I would pay close attention to what you're being told. I'll even help you with the induction if you want me to. You'll be cussing me before I tell you to start but that doesn't bother me if you want to do it right. God bless.
    fredcp likes this.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

I will tell you again, chill out. I was on opiates for over 40 years, had to go 72 hours and I'm alive to tell the tale. Robert went 2 days and is also alive to tell the tale. Cheeky didn't and suffered for it so use your head. If you make yourself crazy witth worry, you will take the sub too soon and regret it highly. You can go through 12-24 hours of w/d. Anyone can. It's not a walk in the park but it's doable. The sickness you will feel during thatt time will pale in comparison to how you'll feel if you putt yourself into precip. w/d. So please calm down and listen to the advice given. You can wait it out.
    fredcp and LongIslandgirl like this.

aPAULed is offline New Member

Hey everyone I'm sorry to post on someones fourm but I'm brand new to this and have no idea how to make my own, or how to get ahold of Robert to ask him for help. You seem brilliant and very caring to peoples sickness and really want to help people get better. I've been using off and on for about a year now and am finally ready to stop. I've come clean to my family and ready to get help with NA meetings and what not. My current binge has probably been my worst consisting of a very large amount of opiates in a 24hour period every day for about a solid week maybe 2. I have 15, 8mg Suboxone that's is all I can get my hands on and have to work with what I got. Now I know your ideal taper is 6-8 weeks but 15 is all I have. So my question to you is can you please help me formulate a schedule with the 15 I have to get me through this detox with as minimal withdrawal symptoms as possible, if at all possible hopefully none. So please Robert help me! I'm desperate.**

I replied on your other post to this.

cwaldenwaldo2010 is offline New Member

Default i got my subs yesterday but just could not handle it

i'm going to try on friday all day. Thurs i went all day and i got my generic subutex which is called something else starts with a b or something i dont feel like gettin bottle now but ya i was gong to take it at like 5 pm cause i went like 18 hours but i wanted to wait longer then i was so dumb i don't smoke weed and ifigured the weed would knock me out cause i was being strong and wanted to just sleep until it was like 9pm then take it so it be 24 hours and the high of weed freaked me out. i ended up snortin a op and a roxy 30 mg two of them and was back where i started. mad at myself and then fell sleep. i cut down though today. only did 2 op 80s and 4 roxy all day. so i think it was better for me to cut down a little bit then start cuase when ur addicted to snorting something its hard. i'm going to not smoke tommorrow no way. that ???? tripped me out and try to wait as long as my can. my 3 friends say they can take subutex like 8 hours later and there fine. i don't get it, one of my friend said because subutex is different it's oke to mix it and u will be fine cuase of the stuff that is not in subutex and u will be fine which i'm going to call him again tommorrow and see if he stil ltakin it cause he lives like hour away from me so i don't see him much but anyway i usualy take like 6 30m roxy a day and 4 to 5 op a day dependin sometimes mroe sometimes less if i'm bored cuase i don't work. i sick of it and been doin oxy for 4 years. i want to just quit. so i really have to wait 24 hours? or i start withdrawling hard? god i really thought this subutex was different, my friend got me all juiced about it and said its the best drug ever i can take it right after i dose in morning and i feel great. so i'm all confused even this one dude i know would take dones for a week and then take a sub the next morning and be fine. i would konw too cause i would give him some dones since he had no subutex and then he would get his meds and not call me for days. it's weird maybe some people don't get sick but i don't know if this is true or not but obviously it is ok to take it early but i'm so scared. yesterday i prob would of done it if i didn't smoke but my prob is i'm scared to take the subs even if it's been 24 hours cause what if the sub doesn't work the way i want it to? then what do i do? would i get sick of i did oxy after the sub if i didn't liike the sub or how long would i jhave to wait? i'm so scared that i might wait like 24 hours and do a sub and end up freakin out and snort a op and get the erge too or something and that scares me cuase once i take the subutex a quarter of it like my doc said and then 3/4 of the rest like a few hours later i'm prob screwed and have to stay on it or i get sick. so my ? is do i really have to wait 24 hours or no like my friends that don't? i see people say u do have to wait but i'm still confused and want to make sure. also if i wait 24 hours and start the generic subutex and don't like it, can i go back and snort a oxy after that if i start wit ha quarter and don't like it or something? cause that''s always the prob. always scared that i might want to do oxycodone which is roxy blues and a op after i take the subutex cause of my snorting problem. rehab might be a choice but it's so expensive but i do want to change my life so bad it's just so ????in hard cause u hate feeling bad cause yesterday i was moving back and fourth flippen out but i didn't know if i was withdrawing enough yet. u never know if ur withdrawing enough yet cause ???? i wake up the next morning sick already so i don't know. 24 hours is going to be so hard. longest i could go was from like 11pm to the next day at like 4pm then i smoked and ????ed it up. mad at myself but if someone could talk to me on aim that be great. hit me back cause i really need help cause i'm scared. thanks

chace36 is offline New Member

I don't know if u are still checking this but, nuerontin helps a lot you could take that for a couple few days and then try the induction. I am also trying to quit. You need to take more than prescribed though for it to really help. Hope this helps good luck.