Recreational DXM......
    ThieveryCorp is offline New Member

Default Recreational DXM......

hello.

we all know people are using dextromethorphan found in cough syrups for recreational use.. i was wondering if someone knows what they're talking about:

robitussin dm contains 10mg of dxm and 100mg of guaifenesin.
    if my friend was to drink a 4oz bottle of this which = 240mg of dxm
    and take 10 tablets of coricidin hbp which contains 30mg of dxm and 4mg of chlorpheniramine maleate...

i'd like to get someone else's view of this before my friend goes thru with this!! she has a strong immune system and is strong emotionaly. she is 5'6 and 130lbs. any ideas if she will just plain puke her brains out or even worse have to be hospitalized?

thanx for listening!
    liz

"My religion is simple. I practice Happiness."-Dalai Lama

QMak is offline New Member

Thats is just plain stupid. If he is going to take it, just take one or the other. He is way to small to take all that. He will most likely overdose. If i were you i would tell him to take it easy, But if he is going to take it, tell him to be careful. Im not trying to be an ***HOLE but both you and me know that that is way to much or you would'nt be asking. He would probubly be alright taking the bottle and a few C.C.C.'s. Just watch him and make sure he is alright.

delta9 is offline New Member

if she wants to do DXM, get her to do the pure powder form.

its easier do dose, and you dont get any other dangerous substances in you.

240mg + 400 = 540 mg DXM and how much additives?

540 mg of dxm-powder would just make her f-ed up for a few hours, but drinking syryps in that amounts... i dont know about that..

delta9 is offline New Member

btw. dont go on dxm binges.

i did about 10 grams of powder in roughly 2 weeks, and i doubt it that my brain has recovered from that period, and that was one year ago...

my dosage was about 0.4-0.8 (400-800mg) grams per "trip" and im a featherweight kinda guy.

read up on dxm before you try to dose the syryps.

www.dextroverse.org is one place you can stop by. unless its too late?

dextro is offline New Member

first of all, DO NOT let your 'friend', OR yourself, consume ANY type of cough-syrup containing Guaifenesin -- or one containing ANY OTHER active ingredients, for that matter. any individual consuming enough DXM-containing syrup to make them trip is technically overdosing on it; and although the effects of a DXM overdose can be extremely enjoyable, overdosing on Guaifenesin is quite the opposite! the 'suggested', minimum dosage of DXM-syrup is used to releave or 'turn down' the receptors in your brain that tell your body to cough, due to an irritable throat. this type of coughing can be unnecessary however, since it isn't providing any kind of real purpose, i.e. breaking up and removing phlem/bacteria from the lungs. Guaifenesin, in small doses, can be a very effective Exportant, aiding your lungs in more efficiently clearing themselves of any foreign/excess substance. overdosing on Guaifenesin causes EXTREMELY SEVERE nausea, shortly leading to quite possibly the worst (not to mention painful) vomiting you will ever experience; coming in a close-second, only to something the likes of Mescalin. and as mentioned above, syrups with any active ingredients other than DXM can cause just as uncomfortable of an experience; and what's more, these additional substances can do serious harm to your body in their competing for the use of your liver, kidneys, and other organs that serve as your body's chemical-processors or 'filters'. Robotussin 'Maximum-Strength Cough' is the only syrup found in the U.S. where DXM HBr is its one and only active ingredient. All other cough-syrups contain exportants like Guaifenesin, and/or antihistamines like Pseudoephedrine. There is a syrup called 'Delsym' with a single active ingredient Dextromethorphan Polistirex, and although it is considered equivalent to DXM HBr, it is actually a sustained-release preperation of the drug, and supposedly causes more damage to your system, in large doses, than the popular Hydrobromide form.

Coricidin 'Cough and Cold' was also mentioned in the original post, and although quite popular, it's definitely among the MOST HARMFUL over-the-counter sources for recreational use of DXM. Its popularity is mostly due to the abnormally high amount of Dextromethorpan Hydrobromide contained in each pill (30mg), that being about twice the dosage found in most other DXM-containing cough/cold product. The other main factor in its popularity is the convenience of its form: a pill (and in this case, a sugar-coated pill!). Easy-to-swallow pills vs. nasty-tasting syrups will most-assuredly win, 9 times out of 10. The unfortunate, and very serious fact, is that this product also contains an antihistamine, Chlorphenamine Maleate; and although each pill contains merely 4mg of this drug compared to the 30mg of DXM, the combination of the two chemicals, in high doses, is very, VERY detrimental to your body's digestive and immune systems, as well as your brain. Olney's Lesions, or in more simple terminology, 'large holes in your brain', are a much bigger possibility for a person that uses Coricidin regularly, and in large doses.

In conclusion, however thorough i may have been, this post is not meant to scare anyone away from experimenting with DXM, or any other chemical substance for that matter; i mean rather, to promote the idea of any potential user out there (as well as the veterans) to educate and inform themselves constantly, and as much as possible, when it comes to the experimentational and recreational use of any and all drugs. BE AWARE! KNOW THE RISKS!, and most importantly [u]BE SAFE!</u> oh yeah, and have fun!

"this is BAT COUNTRY"