r anti-depressants n adderall ok to take 2gether?
    Reppindadirtymo99 is offline New Member

Default r anti-depressants n adderall ok to take 2gether?

hey there seem to be a lot of people out there that have so much knowledge on anti-depressants so i figured i could get some kind of answers from atleast one of you. I have a friend, and her parents jus recently put her on an anti-depressant and shes been also taking adderall whenever she feels like it to get a high. I am trying to help her stop taking the adderall becuase i was reading on the drug interactions page that one of the drugs you are not supposed to take with adderall is anti-depressants. i am not sure what her medicine is called but i am almost positive that it falls under that category. i am very worried about her and i was wondering what it could do to you if you take an anti-depressant and adderall...because she is my good friend i would never want any thing bad to happen to her. plz some1 help asap. thanx!

Stallion is offline Senior Member

As a general rule, mixing antidepressants with rec drugs like amphetamines is not a good idea, but without knowing what drug your friend is on I couln't tell you any specific dangers. There are many different classes of antidepressents (MAOI, SSRI, Tricyclic etc.) as well as many drugs perscribed as antidepressants that are chemiclly unrelated to all others. They all have different modes of action, and regulate different chemicals (or combos of chemicals) in the brain, so more info is necessary to know just how dangerous the combo might be. Mixing amphetamines with MAOI's is a potentially lethal combo. You are right to be concerned about your friend's health. Try and find out what drug she is perscribed so you can confont her with specific dangers from an informed background, and they'll be much more likely to listen.

Information = Freedom

robo is offline Moderator

If you know the name of the antidepressant you can check Drug Interactions at http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html