questions on Xanax XR?
    CB8687 is offline New Member

Post questions on Xanax XR?

Hey everyone.
    I have some questions for anybody who's ever been prescribed xanax xr. I was taking Ativan a few months back for my social anxiety, then I switched to a different psychiatrist and he prescribed me xanax 1 mg 2x a day, but just like everyone says, it only lasts for a few hours and then im back to my anxiety. Today he prescribed me xanax XR 3 mg's and im just curious to how its gonna effect me? Is it gonna hit me harder, and does it work better? Im just curious, and Im trying to get feedback and if its a big difference from the 1 mg I was taking last month.. any feedback will help. Thanks.

dlphns826 is offline New Member

Default xanax xr

Quote Originally Posted by CB8687 View Post
    Hey everyone.
    I have some questions for anybody who's ever been prescribed xanax xr. I was taking Ativan a few months back for my social anxiety, then I switched to a different psychiatrist and he prescribed me xanax 1 mg 2x a day, but just like everyone says, it only lasts for a few hours and then im back to my anxiety. Today he prescribed me xanax XR 3 mg's and im just curious to how its gonna effect me? Is it gonna hit me harder, and does it work better? Im just curious, and Im trying to get feedback and if its a big difference from the 1 mg I was taking last month.. any feedback will help. Thanks.
    He probably put u on the xr to keep it in ur body bc extended release means it releases every so often, so i think it will be fine. I have a question though too, u know a white totem pole (2mg) xanax well im on the yellow ones that say ro39 on them and on the pill identifier the picture won't come up unless you put in alprolozam but says its a xanax, but i put xanax in i cant see the picture so i was wondering if mine is time released its a 4 scored

COpharmD is offline New Member

I thought I might be able to be a little help...

CB- I don't know how technical you want to get, but to put it faily simply, the 3 mg Xanax XR is not going to be "stronger" than your old Xanax 1 mg. In the XR (extended-release) tablets, the medication will be released into your blood stream over the course of the entire day (rather than all at once, which is the case with the "regular" immediate release tablets). You might even find the Xanax XR 3 mg tablets help you combat your anxiety more than taking 3 separate 1 mg doses because the levels of the medication in your blood should remain faily constant (at a theraputic level) throughout the whole day. If you have any other questions, hopefully I can help.

diphns- The yellow "totem pole" looking tablet that is scored 3 times (into 4 sections) with the imprint that you described is a 2 mg Alprazolam (generic Xanax) tablet made by Alpharma. This is not an extended release (XR), it is an immediate release tablet.
    Last edited by COpharmD; 07-18-2008 at 04:05 AM.