Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
QUESTION ABOUT OXY IR 5mg pills.
    JahRed24 is offline Junior Member

Default QUESTION ABOUT OXY IR 5mg pills.

My friend has recently started gettin' these lil yellow and white capsules that are Oxy IR (Instant Release) 5mg (Oxycodone). But he decides to insufflate (snort up his nose). I was wondering if maybe these IR's are dangerous to snort? cuz there is soo much powder in them. I mean I have heard about people snorting the 20mg, 40mg and (most popular) the 80mg ones but i have never seen or heard of snorting the Oxy IR 5mg pills.. basically my question is: Is it safe to snort the Oxy IR 5mg pills? [?][?]

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

So you thought it was okay for someone to do the larger doses, but worried about someone doing a smaller one? That makes absolutely no sense!

It isn't safe to snort any of them! Not just because of the danger of overdose, but because of the other stuff you are putting into your sinus passages, and lungs. All of these pills contain fillers and some of them are not digested by the body, they are just expelled in our normal excrements, however when someone snorts the pills, they are putting these fillers right into their lungs and sinus cavities, and setting themselves up for health problems down the road.

It is even worse when they snort the 40, 60, or 80mg Oxy, because these doses are only available in a controlled, 12 hour release tablet, and they even come with warnings on the med info that says you might see the empty pill shell in your excrement, because it isn't meant to be broke up by the body, but instead to control how much of the pill is released at once.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

drakmog is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JahRed24 View Post
    My friend has recently started gettin' these lil yellow and white capsules that are Oxy IR (Instant Release) 5mg (Oxycodone). But he decides to insufflate (snort up his nose). I was wondering if maybe these IR's are dangerous to snort? cuz there is soo much powder in them. I mean I have heard about people snorting the 20mg, 40mg and (most popular) the 80mg ones but i have never seen or heard of snorting the Oxy IR 5mg pills.. basically my question is: Is it safe to snort the Oxy IR 5mg pills? [?][?]
    JahRed,

You can snort Oxy IR (aka Roxi/Roxy) they are just Oxycodone with fillers, probably better to eat it, but if you must you can snort.

I would not recommend snorting Percs because they have tylenol in them, but you will be okay (as long as you don't overdose) with the straight Oxycodone.

PLEASE REMEMBER DO NOT OVERDOSE, if you don't know how much to take then start by orally consuming the smallest amount and see how that makes you feel, from there try snorting etc...

Do NOT LISTEN TO Zippy, he/she is a complete idiot that just wants to PREACH on what NOT TO DO. Do whatever you want, just try to be safe, it can be fun if you keep control of what you are doing and try to limit how often you are doing it.

And you are correct about Oxycontin (20s, 40s, 80s) being more commonly snorted, they are since there are little to NO fillers, just OXYCODONE, and a Time Release Matrix (a kind of waxy material) that is responsible for the time release of the Oxycodone over 8-12 Hours. BE CAREFUL AGAIN of OVERSDOSE. And yes, I know you can snort the Oxy IR's they just have more fillers than Oxycontin.

Hope that answers your question, and I am not saying don't do it, it is a fun drug to do, no doubt, just be careful please, as I know a few people who have died from it. Post if you have any more questions!

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

I don't think your post is going to do much since this question was asked 4 years ago. The guy probably od by now.......

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by mpvt View Post
    I don't think your post is going to do much since this question was asked 4 years ago. The guy probably od by now.......

I'm with you Dave and to think this person is calling zippysgoddess a complete idiot just adds to the stupidity of this post you replied to.

This poster may have likely ODd as well since their reply yesterday. People never cease to amaze me here calling others idiots when they are replying to posts that are four years old.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Scoliosis is offline Junior Member

Default 5mg IR.

Currently on 80 -100 mg oxy for my scoliosis and other pain.

My doc recently rx'd 5mg instant release and they are a godsend.

If you hav eany questions please ask. Take care.

EUPHORIA 1 is offline Banned

Ya, I just got them too...I was amazed on how fast and well the IR pills works (even if it is 5mg's) I was on 40z & 80z before but now only take the 5mg IR and they kick-a*s.

DVredmem is offline New Member

Default insufflation of Oxycodone

I have been prescribed Oxycodone (Oxycontin, brand name) and various other medications, that are similar to one another (narcotic analgesic medications: synthetic and semi-synthetic opioids) for pain management over the last 5 years. I currently take 180mg's a day of Oxycodone along with 16mg's of Hydromorphone (dilaudid). The Oxycodone is an instant release formulated tablet, 15mg each and the Hydromorphone is also an instant release formulated tablet, 8mg each. I am prior military and was released from active duty, honorably, because of injuries I suffered during a direct fire situation (combat in simple terms) and from an I.E.D. (improvised explosive device or road side bomb) as I was in process of being extracted to an awaiting emergency medical evacuation helicopter. I have serious stomach issues, blown discs in my lower back, lumbar area (L5/L4/L3, sacrum and coccyx), and a little thing called PTSD to keep me on my toes. The stomach issues and the extreme pain that I have to deal with is an everyday battle. I am not always able to just take the medication by drinking some water, swallowing and allowing for absorption through my stomach and intestine. I will tell you exactly what my doctor(s) have instructed me to do during these times: Go to the pharmacy, buy a pill crusher and break down the medication until the consistency is that of a fine powder, eliminating any "chunks" and take the required dosage by simply snorting it. You can argue all you want, tell me about how it will eventually do this or that, but I trust the doctors whom I have been treated by for these past years - both civilian and military. I intend to keep taking the medication in this manner when this is my only option. I have never over-dosed. I know many other people/patients that are also doing the same thing. I have found this to also provide greater relief and a higher quality of life. Now, I do not recommend that people who only use this method to get "high" and are "recreational users" (which is a person in denial and legitimatizing their usage by trying to convince other people "this" is not a problem). At the same time, please, do not direct your propaganda towards me and other people with limited options while also filling the heads of the other readers with massive amounts of misinformation. No matter what you are doing: smoking, eating, snorting, injecting. etc., you are abusing the medication - unless prescribed or directed otherwise. Moderation is the key here folks. As long as you respect the substance (and yes, not doing it all at if you are not prescribed the medication is respecting it, but I talking to the people who are going to use regardless), keep a safe distance from crossing "that line" and be thankful for the enjoyment or relief that you do get. You should be just fine. Ignore the Goebbels of online forums and listen to that voice in the back of your head when it is telling you "No!".

Anonymous Guest

you are answering a post over 18 months old..

and the only propoganda i see is you trying to justify why you are snorting a pill thats meant to be taken orally.
    Melissa B likes this.

ojj
    ojj is offline New Member

Due to ongoing chronic pain after four abdominal surgeries within a 6 month time period, I am currently prescribed 60mg Oxycontin (30mg twice a day slow release) and 80mg Oxynorm (10mg oxycordone capsules fast release) per day along with other non-opoidal medications.

As I am trying to keep my usage of the opoids down to a minimum, I have discovered that if I insufflate (snort) the oxynorm capsules when the pain becomes near unbearable, I am able to use fewer pills then when taken orally. This is because the pain relief is nearly instant when insufflated rather then waiting the half hour for the pills to take affect when administered orally. Also when taken orally, I needed to make sure I took my medication on a regular schedule whether I felt the pain or not due to the time delay. The oxynorm capsule is straight forward to insufflate as no other preparation is required except twisting the capsule open and pouring out the fine powder within.

Now that I am insufflating the medication, I can wait until the pain becomes near unbearable and then have an immediate pain relief. I have been able to take as few as four pills in a day rather then the prescribed eight but I average closer to six pills daily now. I have been doing this for the last 6 months and thus far I have not had any issues. I do need to clear my nasel passage regularly throughout the day and have noticed residual binder matter that does not get absorbed.

When I had the flu recently I had to go back to oral administration due to severe congestion and realized that I needed 90mg (9 pills) per day but I am fully aware that my flu symptoms probably contributed to that requirement.

There is clearly social norms which associate insufflation with illicit recreational drug usage and therefore taboo which unfortunately procludes the medical community from considering this administration method as being a potentially viable option, but I do believe there is a potential legitimate place for such an administration method dependant on individual circumstances such as was the case for DVredmem above.

For those considering reacreational usage, I do not recommend any Oxycordone based medication due to the clearly documented side effects and the well known severe withdrawal complications. For those of us who suffer from severe pain, our options are limited so dependancy issues are the least of our problems although it is something we will have to deal with at some point and I know it will be a difficult challenge.

I hope my experience helps start a dialogue to help others with severe pain.