prozac vs. lexapro and paxil is the devil
    socalaly is offline New Member

Default prozac vs. lexapro and paxil is the devil

Im here to find out the best drug. I have suffered from anxiety since i was in 8th grade Im now 25 years old. Ive tried many things...paxil made me tired, zoloft gave me headaches and then back to paxil. I was on paxil for about 6 months and in the first two months i gained almost 50 pounds...i have the stretch marks of a pregnant woman which made my doc very nervous so he took me off...getting off was like going thru detox. I thought I was going to die...seriously. So i weaned off slowly but it was one of the worst periods of my life. Then I got on prozac...did i mention i hate to take drugs...so i would go off and on and that wasn't good and went thru a major panic attack episode that was almost two months long...however back to prozac...Im on it and just okay. Still nervous, still hate to fly and don't like to go out of my comfort zone. So just recently I went to the doctor and he wants me to go on Lexapro instead...im very nervous i don't want it to be like a paxil and blow up like a balloon...from which ive still never recovered from or be like prozac and be ho-hum...but comfortable in everyday living. So what is it PROZAC or Lexapro....can anyone give me an opinion on whether they have been on both and what there experiences were. Heres a few more facts Im a woman.....i noticed alot of paxil users gained weight but only the women and hardly no men did. So please advise of your sex. thanks aly...ps. Paxil is the [}] prozac is [^] so what is lexapro

jenns91civic is offline New Member

I lost weight on Paxil. Your own experience fortunately has nothing to do with whether a drug is "good" or "bad." It all depends on what works for you. NO drug like you are taking will work unless you take it at the same time of day, every day. Paxil and Zoloft are the two main antidepressants also good for anxiety, but Lexapro is also approved for anxiety. It also has a reputation for being easy to discontinue. It is a known fact that stopping Paxil without weaning will cause withdrawal symptoms in most patients. I myself couldn't miss 2 doses without getting dizzy/headache/mild nausea. To wean off the drug I took the dose every other day for a few days, then 1/2 tablet daily for a few days, then 1/2 every other day, and then every 2 days for just a couple doses. By that time I was able to stop with NO withdrawal symptoms. This is how my doctor recommended it. If your doctor isn't helping, perhaps you should find another one and consider psychotherapy to help cope with your anxiety.

What do you mean my prescription's not ready??

socalaly is offline New Member

I don't know what you mean about the my prescrip isn't ready...[?]