Provigil
    fisfar is offline New Member

Talking Provigil

Since taking Provigil about 3months now I have been breaking out with sores that crust and itch. Has anyone had this happen to them. I stopped taking it three days ago. The doc put me on 400 MGs after gradually adding to the amount I was to take. For the past 2 months I have been on the higher dose. Joyce Fisher

pharmd06 is offline Member

this is what the drug company says:

No cases of serious skin rashes were reported during clinical trials of adult patients receiving modafinil (n=4,264). However, reports of serious or life-threatening skin rashes (including Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, and drug rash with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms) have been collected during worldwide post-marketing evaluation of adults and children receiving modafinil. Most cases occurred after 1 to 5 weeks of therapy initiation, although rare cases have been reported after as long as 3 months. Drug discontinuation is recommended at first sign of drug-related rash (Prod Info PROVIGIL(R) oral tablets, 2007).

so you probably wonder what is stevens-johnson or toxic epidermal necrolysis. well with these conditions you would be sick with fever and a large rash. i doubt you have them. depending on the extent and location of your sores you should seek advise from your physician. it is unlikely the medication but due to the timely association it is possible.
    Last edited by pharmd06; 01-14-2008 at 02:25 PM. Reason: spelling