Prescription crank?
    Oceanna is offline New Member

Default Prescription crank?

I had asked my ex-husband about getting himself and his new girlfriend to take a drug test because of the fact, before he had actually became invovled with this new woman had said that she broke him and his ex-girlfriend up because of her drug and acohol abuse. Now that I have asked because I am very concerned about my sons well being in their care every other weekend. My ex-husband had said that she might not pass the test because of all of the medications she was taking. I told him that I am sure the lab will be able to determine what is prescription from a street drug. He then told me that she took a drug that had the same components of crank and that only two other people in the USA can take this presription. This prescription is for her feet pain. I don't know if the other two special people that have been given this legal drug belong to this forum but would appreciate anyone who might know of its exsistence replying?
    Thanks
    A Concerned Mother

De Anna Y.

elephas888 is offline New Member

Dear De Anna Y,

Regretfully, you will be unable to get an answer that you will find satisfactory without going through the courts. The first step is to file a complaint to the court asking for modification or nullification of visitation rights. Your lawyer can then ask to subpoena her medical records. If they have nothing to hide, then this will probably be provided. Otherwise, it opens the door to a criminal investigation. And it moves from there. These moves have a life of their own. If you can't afford an attorney, you may want to ask for the availability of "pro bono" services from the court.

Best regards.
    elephas888

Martha is offline New Member

There is not a dr in the world that would prescribe a speed for pain. it is not a pain killer. your x is giving you a large plate of sh*** and I would seek a lawyers advice about keeping my children away from all who would try to get you to eat that for dinner. There are 12 people in the US that are prescribed pot for medical purpose and it took them years to get it to go through the goverment red tape. There are no people prescb speed for pain. Pain is releaved with pain killers not a speed trip. Call his bluff with a legal view.

Phospheros is offline Junior Member

Martha, I disagree, there is medical logic to using amphetamines for pain. Doctors aren't "out of their minds" when they use them. There are used widely in several conditions(narcolepsy, ADD), and sometimes as adjuvants in pain control.

Ever go to the dentist and get numbed? You recieved a cocaine derivative. That is an amphetamine. Cocaine is widely employed in nerve blocks, and is still in limited use as a pain killer in certain conditions outside of nerve blocks. Amphetamines have the ability to potentiate opioid analgesics to provide superior pain relief. Very rarely they are given to combat the sedation common with opioid analgesics, and for certain chronic pain conditions which cause excessive fatigue. They are also sometimes employed in management of cancer pain. Though in many cases this use is considered "off-label", once a drug is approved - doctors may use it to treat any condition - even ones it wasn't approved for - that doesn't strain medical logic.
    A wide variety of medications approved for other purposes are used "off label" in pain control, everything from antidepressants to anticonvulsants...

I have no idea what particular drug she is taking or the reason she is taking them (RSD perhaps? Cancer? Some type of vascular condition?), but if you could find out I would love to hear it. The "only 2 other people" thing smacks me a bit the wrong way unless it's some experimental compound, or a drug which was banned or more highly restricted for use in the US that they had to apply for an exception for - in which case it could be *anything*. Pretty much all of the amphetamines will show up on enzyme pannel style drug tests(the most common drug test), and that test does not make any distinction between them. I'm not sure what the MS/GC test results would be as that is outside of my knowledge. While the explanation sounds a little suspicious, it's not outside heard of medical practices... If it doubt, keep pressing.

Perhaps a quick look at some of the literature would help you:

Sasson S, Unterwald EM, Kornetsky C (1986) Potentiation of morphine analgesia by d-amphetamine. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 90(2):163-5

Shimm DS, Logue GL, Maltbie AA, Dugan S (1979) Medical management of chronic cancer pain. JAMA 241(22):2408-12

Kulkarni SD, Joglekar GV, Balwani JH (1967) Modification of aspirin analgesia by amphetamine. J Exp Med Sci 1967 Jun;11(1):14-7

Webb SS, Smith GM, Evans WO, Webb NC (1978) Toward the development of a potent, nonsedating, oral analgesic. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 60(1):25-8

Mancini I, Body JJ (1998) [Treatment of cancer pain: the role of co-analgesics].[Article in French] Rev Med Brux 19(4):A319-22

Dalal S, Melzack R (1998) Potentiation of opioid analgesia by psychostimulant drugs: a review. J Pain Symptom Manage 16(4):245-53

Reich MG, Razavi D (1996) [Role of amphetamines in cancerology : a review of the literature].[Article in French] Bull Cancer 1996 Nov;83(11):891-900

Ahmed SS, Joglekar GV, Balwani JH (1966) Potentiation of the analgesic effect of codeine in rats by d-amphetamine. Arch Int Pharmacodyn Ther 1966 Jan;159(1):185-8

Nott MW (1968) Eur J Pharmacol Potentiation of morphine analgesia by cocaine in mice.5(1):93-9

Connor J, Makonnen E, Rostom A (2000) Comparison of analgesic effects of khat (Catha edulis Forsk) extract, D-amphetamine and ibuprofen in mice.J Pharm Pharmacol 52(1):107-10

Piercey MF, Moon MW, Blinn JR, Dobry-Schreur PJ (1986) Analgesic activities of spinal cord substance P antagonists implicate substance P as a neurotransmitter of pain sensation. Brain Res 385(1):74-85

Are you numb yet? No. AARRGGGGGHH! I told you I wasn't numb! Sorry, I didn't believe you.

rnurse is offline New Member

im an rn at a oklahoma catholic hospitol i had a pt. faint and i caught her causeing severe back pain, that goes down my right leg to my foot with needle like tingles and my two middle toes go numb, to my terrible luck my mri shows nothing but the pain is worse than childbirt at times , i am treated like a drug seeking addict because my mri doesnt show anything wrong according to the neuro surgeon. after spending weeks in bed crawling to the bathroom in pain with no pay from work because the dr. says nothing is wrong a friend gave me some perscription weight control pills they arent amphetimenes but they are of simular compound .and they are a schedule 4 narcotic, after two weeks the pain was all but gone, ive gone off of them several times and the pain comes back in force, i wont go off of them again. the hospitol gives me placebos when im in bad pain they think im a drug seeker and im here to tell you im not never have been. it costs me 100 bucks a month for these pills becouse they are a no refill med. so i have to see the dr. every month, but they have given me my life back, i was in danger of loseing my house when i found this med. i havent lost 1 pound though....lol amphetimenes and pain control you better beleve it i have used them for 8 months the speed trip like effects have worn off but they still are working for the pain, if youve ever had chronic pain you know that lortab and demerol pills and darvacet just dont work you are goofy but the pain is still there, not with these no pain at all and no drowsy woosey feelings, if you want the name of this medication for chronic pain relief e-mail me and i will send it to you.......thanks

debi lyda