Phentermine=Meth??
    monkey_luv78 is offline New Member

Default Phentermine=Meth??

I would like to know if phentermine is made out of (meth). I have been on it for a month and my husband keep's trying to tell me that is has meth in it and it scares me to here that word I have been all over the internet and have not seen were they say it is made out of meth and I forgot to ask my doctor when I was at my last visit, If you have any info re: phentermine or what to exspect while on it I would love to hear from you all advice help's. Hope to hear from you soon....Thanks**

robo is offline Moderator

Phentermine and methamphetamine (meth) are both chemically related to the drug amphetamine, so though the two drugs have similar properties, they are different.

Both drugs are stimulants (as are all amphetamines), but the stimulant effects of methamphetamine are greater, making methamphetamine very addictive with a high potential for abuse and dependence.

Amphetamines along with stimulant properties, also have appetite suppressing properties. The stimulant effects of phentermine increase your heart rate and blood pressure and decrease your appetite. The appetite suppressing effect of phentermine tends to decrease after a few weeks and therefore this drug is only useful during the first few weeks of a weight-loss program.

You will find info at http://phentermine.drugs.com

spyder31157 is offline New Member

I dont have an answer for monkey. But I do have a question.I was wondering if any of these new style weight loss/appetite suppressants
    are an HCL or are water soluable

bajajab is offline New Member

i take the addipex version of phentermine (or is it the other way around)...anway...the first week i was on it i gained 2 pounds and now in the second and third week while i haven't gained any weight i have not lost it and i am back to being exhausted all day...even after sleeping a solid night...i eat right and excerise regularly...