Percocet addiction.What to take to ease withdrawls
    Mystic1_31 is offline New Member

Default Percocet addiction.What to take to ease withdrawls

Hi...I have been taking percocet,8 per day for 4 yrs now.I have been trying to gradually taper off. So I have been off for 3 days...the withdrawls are extremely painful.I have all sorts of medications I can take like Xanax,sleeping pills,T3's ,clonidine,wellbutrin,clonazepam.I don't really want to take t3's or i'll end up addicted to that,Xanax,Clonazepam,do not help much.So,I'm left with Clonidine...anyone have success with it and at what doses? I heard someone mention ammodium? If i'm not making alot of sense right now,forgive me,I feel absolutely horrible!!! Thanks in advance

PainManagement4Me is offline New Member

Ive had 2 ribs removed 5 years ago, and been though all that Hydrocodone (Lortabs) and Oxycodone (Percocet and Oxycontin) The best thing to ease yourself off the Percocet is Methadone. They come in pill form 10 mgs and up, Ask your DR. or Pain Management Dr if he will percribe you Methadone (They are call METHADOSE on the pill) they will still work great to keep the pain away and to ween you off the percocet and NO Withdrawls ! and then you slowly reduce your dose of methadone and your off the pill [8D]

drugquestion is offline New Member

Hello. I just switched from 4-6 Darvocet 100's per day for about 4 years to Methadone (5mg) on Monday evening. It's Saturday morning and I've been having leg cramps for about 3 days pretty badly now. Other than that I've had no other withdrawal symptoms. I've been reading very mixed things about the Methadone. Some people say that withdrawal from Methadone is bad. Some say it's not bad at all. I would like to know how much of the Methadone 10mgs. that the user >> 'Mystic 1 31' was prescribed per day and how slowly you weaned yourself off of it. Thank you. Also, to the first person: How are you doing now? I see that it's been a while since you posted this topic. I hope that you are doing better.

Update!!! I'm clean!!! First of all I would just like to say thanks for the advise. I didn't feel the need to have to resort to "methadone" for withdrawing from only 8 percs a day,I would tend to think you would become addicted to that.Still have chronic back pain,but I think I will just use t3's for The whole process took alot less time than I thought.

Congratulations!!!! What kind of withdrawls did you have? Did you have bad leg cramps and if so how long did they last?

badazzwhitedude is offline New Member

Good job! I have found that moderate amounts of Tramadol (Ultram, Ultracet) work pretty well to help manage the withdrawals from narcotics. There is some question whether or not Tramadol is addicting, however, so precaution should still be taken.

Don't question authroity. They don't know either.

Well thanks sooo much!!! Yes, I certainly did have bad leg cramps!Trying to sleep through the night was impossible! I would wake up tossing and turning,cramping,freezing,it was horrible! I couldn't even hardly talk or move during the day.I used tylenol#3's for a couple nights,when I ran out I went and bought over the counter tylenol with codeine. Also,to help with sleep I bought benadryl cough medicine with codeine and that was very helpful.I also used immovane,1 during the day if I need it,and 2-3 7.5mgs at night for anxiety,it no longer works for me to sleep,but it does an excellent job to relax me,it doesn't even compare to any of the benzodiazepines,or Xanax.I also found it to be non-addicting,so if anyone here suffers from panic and anxiety this is the miracle drug,for me anyway,it is just amazing!Thanks and I wish you all the best of luck,happiness, and success!!!

How long did you have the leg cramps specifically and the other withdrawal symptoms?

Really,really bad for 3 days/nights,then it was all over the 8th day.

mellenfan is offline New Member

What is the full name of this sub pill i see on here and does it really work also how do i find a doctor that will prescribe it or even the methadone I have tried and they wont help me . If anyone knows please tell me thanks

What pill are you talking about?I would just go from dr. to dr. until you find one that will listen to you and precribe you what you need.We have a thing called pharmacare here in Canada,you cannot go to multiple doctors and drugstores because everything is linked to the computer,so if you have multiple scripts from multiple drs. they know,and you'll only get one script.But you are allowed to "dr.shop" which I did,it took alot of searching to find the "right" dr. My dr.said there are all kinds of meds for pain relief,I was able to choose.I said to her at the time, what are some of the drs. problems with prescribing pain meds? She said to me that her patients ask for pain meds,she gives them to them,then whomever her patients are dealing with aside from her for pain management,for instance physiotherapists,they call her up and give her **** for giving them pain meds! I said that's ridiculous,she agreed and I assured her she wouldn't be hearing from anybody,so I never had any problems.How does it all work in the US? I'm really curious cause it sounds like you are able to go to multiple drs. and drugstores, and you don't have a system in place where it is all linked and is known.

Actually our system is being updated all the time . You used to be able to go to as many doctors as you wish and get the same med from all and go to different pharmacys and noone would ever know but today it is changing some sytems are n ow linked so they know but others are not . Lets say for instance if you go to walgreens in one town you cant go to another walgreens in another town because they are linked . But if you choose a different pharmacy in another town then they dont know . Accept the FDA (Federal Drug Administration) Monitors all Narcotics at all pharmcies . So if they notice the same person getting the same narcotic from more than one doctor at more than one pharmacy then they could bust you for doctor shopping if they wanted to . I dont think they do unless they think you are selling the pills and at a very high volume . Such as Rush Limbaugh if you happened to see that case in the news Because he is famous I think they went after him to send a nessage out to all people that this is illegal . I hope that gives you some insight to how it is in th US . But as to that drug I am referring to i see it on these boards all the time that people are getting SUB that totally takes away the withdrawal symptoms but SUB is short for the drug . If anyone knows the full name for it let me know . Thanks Mellenfan

Well that's very interesting,thanks for filling me in.Now you've got me curious as to what SUB is.hehehe

Hey I found it under patient assistence programs here is the post i copied it ......It will be very hard for her to just quit cold turkey as you can see. You will have to find a physician who is qualified and will treat her opioid dependence with Suboxone, Buprenorphine or Bupernex (all are the same drug different names). This can be done in an outpatient program or in office as long as the doctor is qualified to prescribe Buprenorphine. The link below will help you find a doctor in your area. Hope this helps.

http://www.suboxone.com
    Sorry to bother you with this but this is SUB LOL

Hahaha The mystery is solved...

billysgirl is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by Mystic1_31

Update!!! I'm clean!!! First of all I would just like to say thanks for the advise. I didn't feel the need to have to resort to "methadone" for withdrawing from only 8 percs a day,I would tend to think you would become addicted to that.Also,I never wanted to tell my Dr. I was going off,as I am still getting my regular prescriptions.Reason being,it was so damn hard to convince the Dr. to prescribe them in the first place,and when I really needed them... I sincerely needed them, for severe chronic back pain and sciatic nerve pain,half my body would go numb at times.If anything goes wrong again,I won't have to go through all the >>>> to try and get them again.I lost 43lbsthatIgained while giving up smoking.I am still in pain but it doesn't even compare to before.So I just bought some over the counter t1's and asked some friends for some t3's to help with withdrawls,which ended in just over a week. Still have chronic back pain,but I think I will just use t3's for that.Anyone know of an online pharmacy that sells t3's without having to shell out a $300 consultation fee or a drs. script? Thanks everyone I am just very disciplined when it comes to weaning off meds,you just do it slowly,the last pill split into as many pieces as possible,keep doing that til your down to a "crumb" a day,then nothing.My whole process took alot less time than I thought.
    billy's girl

billysgirl is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by Mystic1_31

What pill are you talking about? In Canada it is really easy to get a Dr. to prescribe you whatever,just go from dr. to dr. until you find one that will listen to you and precribe you what you need.We have a thing called pharmacare here in Canada,you cannot go to multiple doctors and drugstores because everything is linked to the computer,so if you have multiple scripts from multiple drs. they know,and you'll only get one script.But you are allowed to "dr.shop" which I did,it took me 9 drs. to find the "right" one.What I do with my dr. is do some research,for example when I wanted painkillers,I researched it,printed it out,brought it to her and said,I cannot handle this back pain,this is the research I have done on different pain meds,can you prescribe me percocet? My dr.said there are all kinds of opiods for pain relief,I was able to choose.I said to her at the time, what are some drs. problems with prescribing pain meds? She said to me that her patients ask for pain meds,she gives them to them,then whomever her patients are dealing with aside from her for pain management,for instance physiotherapists,they call her up and give her **** for giving them pain meds! I said that's ridiculous,she agreed and I assured her she wouldn't be hearing from anybody,so I never had any problems.How does it all work in the US? I'm really curious cause it sounds like you are able to go to multiple drs. and drugstores, and you don't have a system in place where it is all linked and is known.
    Hi,
    Congrats on your withdrawal. I am also dependent on Percocet, and would like to wean myself off. I am from Seattle, so sometimes we'd go up to Vancouver to buy the T1s & cough syrup, just for regular low grade pain & coughs, but now I live in the SW and can't get it. They don't sell it here in any way, shape or form. T3s are too strong, and I'd become dependent on those. But I know that T1s would work, because I've had friends in Seattle who were drug addicts wean themselves using "Canadian codeine." Do you know how to go about ordering it from a Canadian pharmacist, by phone or online? I could REALLY use the help, as I am very tired of this addiction.
    Thanks!

billy's girl

Canadian pharmacies require a drs. prescription.All of the online pharmacies I checked out want a huge consultation fee,they do not even guarantee you will get what you want,and the prices are outrageous.In my opinion they're a scam.It helps if you know someone in Canada. Good Luck!

propran is offline New Member

i have been taking peracet on the weekends for about a yr and just started taking about 8 a day for the last month and need to stop what do you think will be the best way and if i just stop do you think i will withdrawl bad???? thx for any help

Kiya F is offline New Member

Hey... I found this website out of shear desperation. I have been taking 3 percocet tabs & eight to ten 200 mg Morton pills twice sometimes three times daily for about 4 months now. I have a lot of medical problems which cause me serious pain. I started taking the regular doses of percocet about 9 months ago & eventually I needed more & more to quiet the pain & to get myself out of bed & functioning. I've been keeping the fact that I've been taking Morton along with the extra tab of percocet from my doctor for fear she will cut me off entirely & finally figure out that I'm addicted... which is the conclusion I've finally come to [u]TODAY</u>. I really need help & I don't know where to turn. As I sit here writing this I am fighting the undeniable craving for my pain meds. I have 4 pills left & that's supposed to last until Saturday. I need to get off of this stuff, that I know, but what do I do about my pain? I have a husband & 4yr old child who are paying the price for my addiction... The mood swings when the meds wear off, the inability to function without the pills, the emotional detachment from my family & friends, the feeling of hoplessness & helplessness. My biggest fear is that my husband will finally give up & leave me. Who do I turn to?

Here's to Hope!
    Kiya

lydiap009 is offline Member

to wean yourself off percocets, methodone seems like it should work but how many milligrams per day? i was on60 to 80 mills of percocets a day, So methodone at 30 mills a day and then less and less?