Hello All,

Forgive me if the is a repost but I couldnt find much on Paxil. But here is my story......

I started taking 40mgs a year ago for my anger.....it has worked pretty good and all but my weight went through the roof!!! I work out on a regular occasion and have lived a pretty fit life.......but since taking I have gained 35-40lbs. My eating habits havent changed nor has my working out........so I ran out of Paxil and decided that I was going to stop taking it and switch to another product. Well since I ran out.......I quit cold turkey and felt like I was dying.......the stomach pain is so terrible I just wanted to lay down and curl up in a ball......unfortunately I was at work and couldnt.

I called my doc and they prescribed Wellbutrin (Bupropion) and said that I should be fine switching from Paxil to Wellbutrin without any side effects...........well lets just say that I STILL feel like I am dying......the stomach pain is so bad. But after looking online.......to me it looks like the two arent even in the same class as each other. From what I understand is that Paxil is an SSRI and Wellbutrin isnt.

So, should I keep taking Wellbutrin and HOPE that this pain goes away.......or should I take the Wellbutrin and Paxil at a smaller dose and gradually stop the Paxil? And if so, how should I cut myself from the Paxil?