Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 93
Like Tree8Likes
Oxycontin and urine tests?
  1. #61
    bhamhockey is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    the best way to get off of any opiate, methodone, oxicotin, roxycotin, percocet, etc. is with s.uboxone. NOT METHODONE. Methodone is one of the most brutal withdrawals that there is. With Suboxone if taken correctly, you will have liltte if no withdrawals. It is important to only take suboxone for about 7 to 10 days. Thats it and then stop taking anything else. Usually 24 into your detox you would take 8 mg of suboxone. The next two days take 6 mg. On the fourth and fifth day take 4 mgs. On the 6th and 7th day take 2 mgs. If needed on day 8 and 9 take 1 mg. Then you are done. Depending on how heavy a user you are, you might still have some withdrawal symptoms after your suboxone detox is done but nothing you won't be able to handle. The problem is that some Suboxone doctors try to get you hooked on suboxone and I fell into that mistake. I took it for a year I detoxed for litterally 4 months. It was hell. Suboxone is a miracle drug for opiate detox because it masks all the symptoms and you fell no withdrawal. However, it is crucially important that you only use it for 7 to 10 days and that is it. I can not stress how important it is to not take Suboxone longterm. I love it as a short term detox from opiates, but when I detoxed from long term use of suboxone is was worse than I could possibly put into words. I hope this was helpful. I have been to several detox facilities and they all use the standard 7 day suboxone taper that I described above.

  2. #62
    zaljereck is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyGUY08 View Post
    My Brother has been addicted to oxycontin for over 2 years now, he is taking suboxins for the past week and my parents finally listened to me about knowing that he is using. However, i just got a phone call saying that he is still using the drug with his friend. I am wondering how long after he doesnt use, does he go through his withdrawals, and if the suboxins take that away, or do they just make him sick if he does use. i was also thinking about random drug testing him for it, so again am wondering how long it will be in his system if he is smoking the OC. And also where i could pick up a piss test that would detect that. thank you for your time and help
    All suboxone does it cut off the ability to get high by filling up the receptors in his brain that crave the oxy. He's putting stuff into his body for nothing and wasting money. I have heard of people getting high off subs, but I don't know how. They are supposed to prevent that. I am currently on 10mg of methadone which I started on about a year and a half ago when at my highest was on 105(Which was too much for me...nodding in my car is NOT GOOD.) I never felt the feeling that some people do of that high with methadone. It's helped me A LOT and I'm thankful for it. I've tried both subs and methadone...and methadone just worked better for me. A.) Suboxone just made me WAY too constipated...I mean to the point I couldn't go. It was really bad. and B.) like someone else said, they started me on 16mg, which I thought was too high of a dose. I didn't like the way it made me feel physically. In the end I plan on being off methadone within 2-3 months and I can't wait!!!! A lot of people say they get the urges and it's bad coming down off the stuff...but I haven't had one bad experience thus far. I've been going down 1mg a day for 5 days, once a month. So for everyone to sit here and give the "best advice on how to come off of opiates"...they are ALL WRONG!!!!! Because everyone is different and everyone's body handles drugs differently. And that includes suboxone and methadone. No one should be telling anyone the "Best way" people should go get an exam first then have a medical expert decide what the best route is for that specific person. Maybe a recommendation...sure!!! But don't go telling someone it's the BEST WAY....for you maybe...for someone else...maybe not. So good luck to all of you and if I help one person out there go get help...I'm happy!!!

  3. #63
    iamsam79 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    So...I came here to find out whether or not Oxycontin will or will not show up in a standard drug test as an opiate. I had heard that it will not. Stallion seemed well educated in the matter but, then so did CatsMeow and like many others, Meow refers to Oxycontin as Oxycodone. They are not the same thing. Oxycontin is Oxycontin. Oxycodone is the generic form of Percocet. I don't claim to know everything but, that's the truth and is as real as it gets. How can so many people claim to know so much all under the same notion that is proven false when prescribed the most commonly of prescribed pain medications next to Vicodin (Hydrocodone)? So weird.

  4. #64
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iamsam79 View Post
    So...I came here to find out whether or not Oxycontin will or will not show up in a standard drug test as an opiate. I had heard that it will not. Stallion seemed well educated in the matter but, then so did CatsMeow and like many others, Meow refers to Oxycontin as Oxycodone. They are not the same thing. Oxycontin is Oxycontin. Oxycodone is the generic form of Percocet. I don't claim to know everything but, that's the truth and is as real as it gets. How can so many people claim to know so much all under the same notion that is proven false when prescribed the most commonly of prescribed pain medications next to Vicodin (Hydrocodone)? So weird.




    You are mistaken. Oxycontin is nothing but time released oxycodone and they will all show up as an opiate on a drug test. Percocet is a combination of oxycodone and acetaminophen. You should NOT put down people here who actually do know what they are talking about when it is YOU that is wrong.
    sweetpea602 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  5. #65
    LongHaul is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Robert is correct. And here is the proof. http://www.drugs.com/oxycontin.html

    "What is OxyContin?

    OxyContin (oxycodone) is a narcotic pain reliever similar to morphine."

  6. #66
    oc-opeacock is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    There is A LOT of misinformation around here going on about suboxone, which is almost universally agreed to be space ages better than methadone for many reasons. The incredibly high cost of suboxone is probably what has curbed its spread. I paid $420 dollars for 60 8mg strips (that was with the insurer's negotiated price...they won't pay for any substance abuse related medicine or treatment).

    1. People are so misinformed about the amount of time you must be in w/d before taking suboxone. I was taking 3 80mg OC a day and I waited about 4 hours (by that time I was only sweating a little and yawning but no other discomfort) before I took 4mg of suboxone. I had absolutely no occurrence of the sub's wiping out all the OC and going into severe withdrawal. I have done this twice total. Neither times had any negative affects. If you experience bad symptoms usually just following up with more suboxone fixes the problem. Suboxone is a miracle drug.. I experienced zero detox and even better I was in a great mood with no anxiety. Cravings were minimal at worst and they were more for the ritual of scraping and snorting. However, I know everyone is different, but the same was reported by the one >>>>>>, the one IV-dilaudid & oral oc and the two mostly OC and hydro users at the same rehab facility. The reason my mood was so good is that suboxone is for all intensive purpose an opiate and for some reason opiates stabilize my mood, wipe out my constant anxiety and made me more energetic and more energetic (all of which the sub did, but without the extra high).

    2. The length of time a patient should or can on suboxone very by each individual case. Users who are not typically moody, anxious, lathargic, etc. AND have had only a low to medium level habit should be on it for a shorter period and w/smaller doses. Opiate addicts (especially heavy users) who "seemed" "more normal" while on the drug are candidates for much longer horizons of suboxone use because they are at especially high risk for relapse w/out sub because the chemical imbalances that led to heavy use in the first place will immediately appear once they stop taking suboxone because the biggest driving force and trigger for use is how they felt on a daily basis before they even used. That is why many sub users (including highly successful types like doctors, attorney, etc.) will be on suboxone for years. Besides, there are almost no harmful side effects to suboxone (exceptions: constipation) while anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, anti-anxiety drugs have a laundry list of mild to serious side effects. Only the stigma of suboxone being an opiate relative leads so many inexperienced/ignorant patients/non-addiction specialists/uninformed addiction specialists to advocate for prematurely taking the patient off the drug let alone considering it as a permanent solution for personality and/or drug disorders.

    3. The ease of getting off suboxone depends on dosage and length of time. If you've been on a sub 8mg dosage for just a few weeks or months tapering down for a few weeks and going cold turkey is easy. The higher and longer you go the worse the detox. However, as long as you are allowed a good long period to taper you should be fine. Due to the long half-life you'll want to stop completely at as low a mg as you can get to. As with all detoxes/wd's your mindset, environment and routine will play a huge roll. If you're sitting at home doing nothing and constantly thinking about it then you're always going to make it much worse than it has to be. However, if you stay constantly active, especially with exercise, and you're keeping yourself busy with no time to think about it it won't be hard.

  7. #67
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    oc-opeacock ...... Quote "There is A LOT of misinformation around here going on about suboxone, which is almost universally agreed to be space ages better than methadone for many reasons. The incredibly high cost of suboxone is probably what has curbed its spread. I paid $420 dollars for 60 8mg strips (that was with the insurer's negotiated price...they won't pay for any substance abuse related medicine or treatment)."




    This is totally inaccurate information. Most all good insurance companies pay for both the dr costs and the costs of medication for substance abuse treatment. Even medicare approves the charges for substance abuse treatment. It's strictly a choice of the dr whether they choose to accept the insurance or not.

    Too many of these sub drs choose to not mess with the insurance companies because they are ripping your throat with fees they charge and the insurers won't tolerate it. Any dr that charges a reasonable and customary fee will be paid by most insurance and the subs will be covered as well. Some insurers won't pay for sixty 8mg pills or film strips for a month because your dr is prescribing a dose that is totally unnecessary and I wouldn't pay for that type of unnecessary charges if I were the insurer either. That is the bottom line. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  8. #68
    LaSunny is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default SA trmt--not a covered benefit

    TOTALLY UNTRUE@ Robert_325!!!! I quote insurance benefits DAILY for dr.'s offices that prescribe suboxone and insurance companies routinely state that substance abuse treatment and treatment are NOT A COVERED Benefit. Therefore, if the diagnosis code submitted on the claim from the dr to insurance is
    "substance abuse" code, then insurance will not cover. Hence, pt must pay out of pocket for any treatment including the dr's billable charge for seeing the pt and then the cost of any medication related to the treatment. This depends on the pt's specific plan, not the insurance company itself.

    This system is inherently flawed. Dr's DO NOT FOLLOW the Hippocrattic Oath "First Do No Harm". Prescribing addictive medications for psychiatric conditions and pain, that damage the brain's neuron receptors that regulate the body's ability to make dopamine, that helps the body tolerate pain and feel good. Then the pt needs treatment for the addiction and replacement of the lost ability to feel good and deal with pain normally. And what about the chemicals in our enviroment that have proliferated the food we eat and the tools we use to eat them (BPA) that is clearly showing the complex underinvestigated forms of cancer spreading among the middle aged population and younger in this country!

    But Dr.'s do not care. It's all about the "contracted" rate an insurance company will pay for you to see your doctor. So youre right about the charge being too high for an ins co to accept, however, insurers arent paying for this because the dr chooses not to deal with them--it is because insurers wont cover this benefit because they want to the pt to continue to see Dr and get medciine that they cover so pt is dependent their whole life on having the coverage and they are in cahoots with all of the drug manufacturers. And let us not forget that aside from 60k-100k on avg income a yr Dr also get many free medications from drug reps to pass out for free, and several other perks on the very down low. Can you say--plane tickets and a week stay in nice hotel in Auba?

    This country is in a kamakaze downward spiral. I have seen both sides and it is morally and ethically disgusting. And I am a consumer myself, and not a conspiracy theorist, but just think about it for a minute and you will put it together too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    oc-opeacock ...... Quote "There is A LOT of misinformation around here going on about suboxone, which is almost universally agreed to be space ages better than methadone for many reasons. The incredibly high cost of suboxone is probably what has curbed its spread. I paid $420 dollars for 60 8mg strips (that was with the insurer's negotiated price...they won't pay for any substance abuse related medicine or treatment)."




    This is totally inaccurate information. Most all good insurance companies pay for both the dr costs and the costs of medication for substance abuse treatment. Even medicare approves the charges for substance abuse treatment. It's strictly a choice of the dr whether they choose to accept the insurance or not.

    Too many of these sub drs choose to not mess with the insurance companies because they are ripping your throat with fees they charge and the insurers won't tolerate it. Any dr that charges a reasonable and customary fee will be paid by most insurance and the subs will be covered as well. Some insurers won't pay for sixty 8mg pills or film strips for a month because your dr is prescribing a dose that is totally unnecessary and I wouldn't pay for that type of unnecessary charges if I were the insurer either. That is the bottom line. God bless.

  9. #69
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    I was in the insurance business 35 years. Don't know who you work for but addiction is covered by insurance companies that are worth a damn. I also went through treatment for substance abuse personally more than once and my insurance paid the costs treated the same as "any illness" each time. Not going to argue such a ridiculous point with anyone.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  10. #70
    beaverpaws is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default How long will a crushed & eaten oxycontin stay in your urine

    I am going through a terrible terrible divorce from a crazy person who stole some of my Oxycontin (40mg). He crushed 1/2 of one on a Thursday and fed it to me in a drink or something. It made me really sick.

    I was drug tested the following Thursday. Will it still be in my system? Also, I had to take my oxycontin every 15.5 hours instead of every 12 because he stole some. So maybe that would help? I'm very very nervous because I failed a drug test in July when I just forgot that I'd already taken my meds. My doc reported me to the DEA. He said if I don't pass this I'll be arrested. I'm not an addict! This is so unfair on top of everything else that's going on. And if my husband finds out about the DEA letter I might as well go live in a cave and he'll take my son.

    PS: I know he did it because the next day he left the other half on the kitchen counter. "see what I did to you? I control you completely"

  11. #71
    chvyrcng14 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default Very Uninformed

    Quote Originally Posted by ChronicalBlaze View Post
    No it wont ... pills go in your system when you take them and by the next day its already out of your system... unlike cocaine stays in your system for up to 2 days ... and weed can stay in your system for up to a year it depends on how much you smoke.... but anyways pills dont stay in your system very long...

    (were did you get your OC at??)

    [8]ball of yay**
    This is wrong information. With all due respect, almost every type of pill ingested has a different rate of absorption. Oxys noramally take 48 to 72 hrs to completely get out of your system. Marijuana will never stay in your urine for a year after the last time you smoke. Cocaine is actually one of the fastest of the harder drugs to get out of your urine. Good luck.

  12. #72
    Mizjen is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default Another way to live

    Hi I'm jen, recovering addict from all opiates...

    I have several problems with some of the replies.....

    First, addiction IS a disease. There are genetic similarities between all addicts. Let me explain my story. I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease when I was 21. A lot of people think Crohn's just messes with your colon but it doesn't. I had excruciating joint pain as it's an autoimmune disease.

    My gastro dr put me on vicodin for pain. When that stopped working...they moved me to stronger meds...and so on and so on until I was on OCs.

    My doctor had no clue that I have a long family history of alcoholics in my fam, therefore I was completely addicted the first year on them. Over the last 14 years I tried stopping on my own so many times I lost count. The doctor had me on 2-80 mg oxys a day, when that stopped working, I hit the streets to find more. At my worst I was taking up to 10-80 mg oxys a day.

    After I ran out of money and energy of chasing the pills, I was so desperate for help and I forced myself to ween down all the way to vicodin 5's and I researched heavily on detox options. After reading up on (and I also listened to my "silver fox" aka Dr Drew lol) I refused all suboxone and methadone treatment. Also I met a lot of people on the streets who were completely hooked/dependent on suboxone/methadone and I wanted to be completely clear of it all.

    When I took my last vicodin, I told my husband to take me to detox. I went for 5 days and they put me on clonidine for the opiate withdrawl and trazodone to help me sleep. Along with my effexor, which I was taking anyway before detox. By the way, detox is a lot easier to do if you can ween yourself down.

    This is also a mental disease, so after I got out of detox I got my tail into a NA mtg and enrolled into an intensive outpatient program for substance abuse. Between the clonidine, trazodone, effexor, the I.O.P. and NA, my life has been saved. Been clean now for 8 months and my life has done a 180.

    In my opinion, stay far away from suboxone and methadone, I've seen so many trade one drug for another and they are still on suboxone/methadone to this day. The clonidine will help with the racing thoughts and anxiety thru the withdrawals but you have to have the mental part of this disease treated as well.....

    By the way, I have never been more pain free in my life....those natural endorphins rock! lol

    Good luck to all the addicts still suffering, but remember there is a different way to live, I'm living proof. God bless!

  13. #73
    MeshaG4187 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1

    Lightbulb New methods of drug testing

    Now most drug screens are 6 panels... They test for EVERYTHING now. I'm enrolled into a methadone clinic and they are extremely thorough with making sure patients are not using any illicit/illegal drugs and to make sure that their not using suboxone also. suboxone can make a drug test come up completely clean abcs show that there is absolutely NOTHING in the testees system. But how ever if the place performing the drug test also tests for the chemicals in suboxone abcs that comes back positive...ut-oh.

  14. #74
    piperl4 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default oxycontin vs Morphine

    I take both Morphine at night as I can sleep with it but during the day I have to take Oxycontin both time release and instant as I am a 100% vet with some sever injuries. I had hope to be off of this stuff some day but they do not see it happening as much as I do. I have a question is I take both drugs by their own scripts yet I have to do a Urine test every so often and I am told it is for drug screening. What is it going to show just that I take Oxy and Morphine or is there a chance the combination will show something else. I am on no less than 20 other medications none of which are pain meds. I take no recreational drugs but it bothers me that I have to be there by 7:30 every couple months to pee in a jar. that is an hour drive each way. I thought about refusing after the few that they did not say anyting about so they must have been normal. So my question is what will show up both drugs or a combination of drugs as I hear people talking about drugs changing into something else.

  15. #75
    piperl4 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default one other question

    I cannot get a streight answer on what is it going to be like if and when I can get off of this oxy and Morphine. I cannot drive now because of the drugs as in this State if I had an accident it would be just like a DUI even if I have a script. I happen to agree with them and did have one accident due to blacking out but most likely due to the injuries not the drugs but I have never driven since and that was 2 years ago. I take 240 of oxy a day and 90 mg of Morphine, how bad is it going to be to stop taking this and how long will it take. The VA cannot or will not give me a streight answer.

  16. #76
    piperl4 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default scary Post

    I have read almost every post and some really scare me. Some make it out like a person taking pain meds for a valid reason are an addict. I have had a lot of conversations with my PTSD counselor and in reality if you take the meds as prescribed you are dependent on the drugs not an addict if you break the regiment or you are wiling to do unlawful acts to get the drugs you are then classified as a addict and if not already at 100% you would be elgible for more VA benifits as a side result from the Medication. To me that sounds crazy as if you are rewarding bad behavior. Beleive me there are times I would give anything to take a double dose but I resist and it is not easy. I can see where being pain free for a day alone could be addicting. So I am stuck for now as I am always at a 6 to7 on the pain scale but at the limit for normal medications and not having to go to the pain doctors which I will not due as the reputation is if you go there you are an addict and I really hate that lable.

  17. #77
    skagway14 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3

    Red face oxycontin/oxycodone in a pee test,will they show up different??

    Quote Originally Posted by doc.rose View Post
    Hi littlisaac! Welcome to the forum. And congratulations on wanting to get sober. Let us know how we can support you. POst as much as you need to. And let me give you a little advice, DO NOT curse on the forum!! It will get you banned. Take care!
    I am prescribed oxycodone 15mg and my sister was prescribed oxycontin 30mg ops, I have tried a couple of hers to see if they worked better, will that show up in my pee test?? I have a dr appt on the 19th of dec, I took the 30mg yesterday....will I be ok on the 19th??

    I dont want to get into trouble just wanted to see which worked better!!

    Thank you for any help you can give me,

    Last edited by skagway14; 12-13-2011 at 02:07 AM. Reason: didnt want to put name up is all

  18. #78
    FuzzBubble is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by iamsam79 View Post
    So...I came here to find out whether or not Oxycontin will or will not show up in a standard drug test as an opiate. I had heard that it will not. Stallion seemed well educated in the matter but, then so did CatsMeow and like many others, Meow refers to Oxycontin as Oxycodone. They are not the same thing. Oxycontin is Oxycontin. Oxycodone is the generic form of Percocet. I don't claim to know everything but, that's the truth and is as real as it gets. How can so many people claim to know so much all under the same notion that is proven false when prescribed the most commonly of prescribed pain medications next to Vicodin (Hydrocodone)? So weird.
    Sorry but Oxycodone is not just the generic for Percocet. Oxycodone is actually the generic for Oxy IR as Percocet has Acetaminophen in it and Oxycodone does not. Oxycontin is just the name brand for Oxycodone ER vs. Oxycodone Hydrochloride ER and the same applies for the immediate release. Oxycodone does not contain the acetaminophen that Percocet does. I know its like splitting hairs but I'm a sucker for clarity.

    My name is Michael and I AM AN ADDICT(recovering thank god)

  19. #79
    FuzzBubble is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skagway14 View Post
    I am prescribed oxycodone 15mg and my sister was prescribed oxycontin 30mg ops, I have tried a couple of hers to see if they worked better, will that show up in my pee test?? I have a dr appt on the 19th of dec, I took the 30mg yesterday....will I be ok on the 19th??

    I dont want to get into trouble just wanted to see which worked better!!

    Thank you for any help you can give me,

    Both contain the same drug....Oxycodone so I think it should be fine. It would be just like you taking 2 of your 15mg. I'm guessing these are the immediate release as they don't make the extended release in 15 or 30mg. Hope this helps.

  20. #80
    FuzzBubble is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by piperl4 View Post
    I take both Morphine at night as I can sleep with it but during the day I have to take Oxycontin both time release and instant as I am a 100% vet with some sever injuries. I had hope to be off of this stuff some day but they do not see it happening as much as I do. I have a question is I take both drugs by their own scripts yet I have to do a Urine test every so often and I am told it is for drug screening. What is it going to show just that I take Oxy and Morphine or is there a chance the combination will show something else. I am on no less than 20 other medications none of which are pain meds. I take no recreational drugs but it bothers me that I have to be there by 7:30 every couple months to pee in a jar. that is an hour drive each way. I thought about refusing after the few that they did not say anyting about so they must have been normal. So my question is what will show up both drugs or a combination of drugs as I hear people talking about drugs changing into something else.
    Hi Piper

    I'll try and help you anyway I can. The reason that they are testing you is that most (for the most part) Physicians now require that their patients sign a opiate contract that states that you will only use that doctor and a specific pharmacy as an opiate supplier. The reason they do that is because #1 it covers their butt and #2 It gives them an out if they need it (e.g. refusing to take urine test) but by taking the urine test you are just showing them that you are not taking anything that is not prescribed for you. Taking the oxy with the morphine will not morph into something else on your drug screen though. As long as you keep taking what your taking and jumping through their hoops you should be alright. Hope this helps and sorry to hear about your injuries. Thanks for your service!!!!

    My name is Michael and I AM AN ADDICT(recovering thank god)

  21. #81
    FuzzBubble is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by piperl4 View Post
    I cannot get a streight answer on what is it going to be like if and when I can get off of this oxy and Morphine. I cannot drive now because of the drugs as in this State if I had an accident it would be just like a DUI even if I have a script. I happen to agree with them and did have one accident due to blacking out but most likely due to the injuries not the drugs but I have never driven since and that was 2 years ago. I take 240 of oxy a day and 90 mg of Morphine, how bad is it going to be to stop taking this and how long will it take. The VA cannot or will not give me a streight answer.
    Piper
    It's like that all over the USA. If you get into an accident and your tested and it comes back positive for any controlled or uncontrolled substance its an automatic DUI. As far as quitting remember anything is possible. Let me give you a little background on myself. I too was on massive amounts of pain medication due to severe spine problems. Between Feb of 2000 and today I have had 11 back surgeries with fusion from S1 all the way up to L2 and unfortunately I haven't seen the last of the Operating Room. At my worst I was PRESCRIBED 750 of the 30mg Oxycodone immediate release and 90 of the 80mg Oxycodone Extended Release tablets a month. My daily dosage was almost 1,000 mg. of oxycodone a day. By rights I should be dead and by the grace of GOD and one hell of a family, I'm not. There's 3 times that I've stopped breathing and one of those times my heart stopped in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.I've spent weeks in an ICU, so the Oxy is a very dangerous respiratory depressant. I just got tired of watching the clock for my next dose and quit cold turkey a 20 month's and 15 days ago. The pain doctor that I used to go to said I was "Dependent" on the medication but not addicted. That's a very fine line between addiction and dependent. The one thing I will say is that quitting was the single hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I went through hell for 2 month's where I would wish that I just died but everyone should know that you can't die from withdrawals. Although it feels like it. So, what you have to decide is that is the pain something that you can live with, without the need for the medicine. I never thought I could but I'm sitting here today telling you that I wouldn't change my sobriety now for anything in the world. I wake up in the morning and I know it's going to be a ???? shoot on if I'm gonna have a day with pain or a comfortable day, but I know chances are it's gonna be a day with pain. But if you have a strong support base you can do anything you put your mind to. Sorry it's so long but I just wanted to get this out there in case people were wondering what makes me such an expert. Good luck and let me know if there's anything that I can do to help you. Thanks again for you service to this great country.
    beautemark likes this.

  22. #82
    skagway14 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzBubble View Post
    Both contain the same drug....Oxycodone so I think it should be fine. It would be just like you taking 2 of your 15mg. I'm guessing these are the immediate release as they don't make the extended release in 15 or 30mg. Hope this helps.
    The oxycontin is extended release it has 30 on one side and op on the other and they are brown

    Thank you so much for your help

  23. #83
    zaxmom42 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default zaxmom42

    Quote Originally Posted by ChronicalBlaze View Post
    No it wont ... pills go in your system when you take them and by the next day its already out of your system... unlike cocaine stays in your system for up to 2 days ... and weed can stay in your system for up to a year it depends on how much you smoke.... but anyways pills dont stay in your system very long...

    (were did you get your OC at??)

    [8]ball of yay**
    Don't know where you got your medical degree, but you are giving out very dangerous advise.

  24. #84
    farout3777 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hello. I took a half of a 10MG Oxycontin on a tuesday afternoon, got tested Sunday afternoon. 220 lbs body weight. Will this trigger a postive on the test?

  25. #85
    elfonzo is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default won't work

    Actual poppy seeds are illegal in the U.S. and will not show up in a urine analysis. Pretty sure a "decent" p.o. would tell you to go bury your head in the sand and stay there....

  26. #86
    beautemark is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3

    Question Where's the pain relief?

    [deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-19-2013 at 03:40 PM.

  27. #87
    Lea50 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I have been dealing with severe back pain for some time. My pain management dr. gives me^ hydro-codone. I have taken a few oxy-contin but I really didn't know there was a difference. Well I failed my last drug screen. I have been given a warning from them. If I had known there was a difference I never would have taken them. I took a few before I knew I failed and I have to go back on the 17th of December for another. I am assuming with what I am reading that they should be out of my system by then. Am I right? That will be several weeks. I took my last one on Friday when I found out. Any insight??? Please.

  28. #88
    Cincyfan is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I have taken oxycodone for years... I used to take oxycontin but quit it and was a hard thing to do.., anyway when it comes to oxycodone and urine tests you run into a tricky area. I get tested by my doctor to make sure it is in my system... So different than trying not to have i n system. I took 20mg 1 and half days before a drug testat docs sicnce they say in your system for 2-3 days. A couple weeks later I got a letter dismissing me from his practice cuz it was not in my system? I was baffled so it can be out of your system in less than 2 days and it all depends on your weight and how your body metabolizes the drug. I take 30mg oxycodone and going to take 15mg less than 24 hours before I see doc and see if I get another letter... After quitting oxycontin I have struggled with finding the right dosage. Unfortunately the 30mg only works for 3 to 4 hours and they only allow me 4 a day and I can not sleep and end up running out sooner than I need. I would not take oxycontin again and dont have the withdraw symptoms if I run out.... Just a lot of pain but would never recommend anyone taking oxycontin unless they were life or death. I have cervical and thoracic spine damage and not a candidate for surgery so its not life or death just a quality of life... So anyway I will see if it shows up this time! Was baffled by the letter from doc and guess my body just metabolizes the drug quickly... I wish I had to pass a drug screen without it in my system

  29. #89
    nurse3473 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default Be careful who you get your info from

    Hey y'all,
    Don't want to step on any toes or cause a back and forth argument but many of the things I have read in this thread are inaccurate and simply NOT true. #1. The information about oxycodone NOT showing up on a 5 panal pre-employment drug screen is FALSE. Oxycodone is an opiate. The 5 panal tests for opiate and if the opiate is positive, the employer will ask for a GCMS screen or (breakdown of the specific opiate metaboilte) and proof of your script. The inclination that oxycodone is somehow different than say, morphine or vicodin is ridiculous. They are all opiates and given the increase in misuse, recreational use, and severe ABUSE... most employers are looking for oxycodone first now! #2. There is NO standard of time for this drug or any other to be in your system! Oxycontin is a time released form of oxycodone and has a tendency to be in your system longer depending on your metabolic rate and use and because, the point of oxycontin is to stay at a consistent level in your system for a prolonged period of time. EVERYONE processes drugs differently. In fact, there is new screening being done and I was lucky to be a part of some of that. I have a debilitating disease and have been on most opiate pain medication. I was on oxycodone 20mg every 4 hours and was still in pain and going into withdrawl after 18-20 hours without meds. My progressive pain doc in California had me do a test where you spit into a small tube and they breakdown certain metabolic enzymes that correlate with certain drugs. He discovered that my body metabolized oxycodone so fast that it was out of my system in 12 hours. I switched to a lower dose of morphine and have been doing great!!!! Which brings me to my next point. #3. I read on one comment that oxycodone stays in your system 4-5 days because thats how long it takes to go into withdrawl! That is FALSE with a capital F!!! I am living proof of that. Withdrawl depends on how fast your body's metabolism gets rid of a drug, how much you use, what your opiate receptors look like, and how long you have been on a medication! If you have been reading this, you should get why. #4. The "poppy seed" thing is a joke!!!! I have no comment because if you are trying to pass a drug test, eating a bunch of poppy seeds will not help your cause!!!
    Ok, here's my personal opinion and some friendly advice... #1. IF YOU ARE NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL- YOU SHOULD NOT BE GIVING MEDICAL ADVICE! #2. If you are using drugs, snorting oxy, taking oxy for kicks, and you don't have a valid medical reason or script... STOP AND GET HELP! I'm not trying to be nasty or mean but people like you have made it EXTREMELY difficult for people like me to get treatment and get my medicine! When I moved after I got done with school I had to jump through hoops to find a doc in AZ to continue my morphine because SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE MESSED IT UP FOR THOSE OF US WHO ARE REALLY SICK AND NEED PAIN MEDS!!!! #3. If you are planning on getting a job, have to take a UDS for probation or any other reason... DON'T USE DRUGS THAT YOU DON'T HAVE A SCRIPT FOR!!!! PROBLEM SOLVED! I am sorry but it seems people spend more time trying to figure out how to get past a drug screen than they do being productive. Frankly, it's scarey and concerning!
    LAST... A lot of you are young kids! DO NOT GO DOWN THIS ROAD! I never would have started treating my pain with opiates had I known the consequences. I am miserable if the pharmacy doesn't have my meds and I'm out. Plus it only leads to a life of addiction, health problems, and for the rest of your life you have to worry that if something really bad happens like a car accident, the pain meds wont work if you abuse them now! Dream BIG, go out and be something AMAZING!!!!! For all of you struggling, I'm sorry and you are in my prayers. NIGHT

  30. #90
    nurse3473 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Hey Cincyfan... I actually just read your comment and it's funny cuz I just talked about this very issue! Read my comment! I understand and feel for you! I'm sorry you have to go thru this! The chronic pain we are in is miserable but the medication rollar coaster is worse! I hope the best for you!!! Prayers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22