oxycontin 10mg
    asheville25 is offline New Member

Default oxycontin 10mg

what would the differnce between perc. 10 and oxycontin 10 be? I know the contin is extended release, but which one would be the "stronger" of the 2, or the most potent... what about their durations, how long does each last? And how much of the oxycodone is released in what amount of time with the contin? Would it be like 5 mg released right away and then another 5 mg released 6hrs later or what? I know some people take 80mg + of oxy at one time b/c they are used to it, but I have never taken more than about 5mg (10mg a few times) at once in tylox form, so I'm worried how strong the oxycontin 10 will be...thanks...

tunafizzle is offline Member

They are both oxycodone, its just how its prepared. Percocet is for short term relief (4-6 hrs) And usually you won't see any doses of oxycodone IR(immediate release) larger than 15mg. You are fairly correct in how oxycontin is released into your bloodstream. As far as potency goes, from my personal experience I find oxycodone IR or percocet better for pain relief than oxycontin, but I haven't taken higher end doses of oxycontin. But if you take oxycontin incorrectly (crushed or chewed) its effect will be much stronger than percocet/oxy IR but will only last 4-6 hours. 10mg of oxycontin will have a stronger "high" than 10mg of oxy IR. But there is no good reason to chew oxycontin from a medical standpoint and I wouldn't advise it. If you take an oxycontin 10mg properly you should be fine.

Hope that helps answer your question.

mnreptiles is offline New Member

Default Oxycontin

• I have been on oxycontin and percoset for almost a year now, I take 10 MG oxycontin 1 every 12 hours and 12 percosets a day which I usualy take with the oxycontin, I found that taking percoset is way more effective for pain controll than any oxycontin I have taken as I was on 20mg contins but asked to be lowered so I could take more percoset, I get 60 contins a month and 360 percoset a month. Even when I crush the 10mg contins I still have no way near the effect I do when taking 3 percosets. I do not see what the hype is about contins, I prefer percoset any day

daryl430 is offline New Member

hey mnreptiles---
    I have been suffering with horrific chronic-pain in my back for years (about 12 now)---
    I have had ruptured discs--and subsequent surgeries to follow---which haven't helped yet------and to top all of that off---I cannot find a pain management Dr. that will give me NEAR what I need--
    So------where do you get the amount of medicine you talked about ?

At this point I would do just about anything to be able to have that kind of pain relief on a daliy basis---'cause right now--(and for the last several years)---my life has been a pain-ridden nightmare-------and I am missing my children's lives----and unable to be with my wife like I should be----------

Is there anything you could tell me?

I do not mean to pry into your business----but at this point------I am so desperate to be out of pain---I would do whatever I possibly can---ya know?

thanks for anything you could tell me.....

God bless you!

mkramsey31 is offline New Member

Default No no no no no... There is a difference, Percocet actually contains 325mg of tylenol

Quote Originally Posted by tunafizzle View Post
    They are both oxycodone, its just how its prepared. Percocet is for short term relief (4-6 hrs) And usually you won't see any doses of oxycodone IR(immediate release) larger than 15mg. You are fairly correct in how oxycontin is released into your bloodstream. As far as potency goes, from my personal experience I find oxycodone IR or percocet better for pain relief than oxycontin, but I haven't taken higher end doses of oxycontin. But if you take oxycontin incorrectly (crushed or chewed) its effect will be much stronger than percocet/oxy IR but will only last 4-6 hours. 10mg of oxycontin will have a stronger "high" than 10mg of oxy IR. But there is no good reason to chew oxycontin from a medical standpoint and I wouldn't advise it. If you take an oxycontin 10mg properly you should be fine.

Hope that helps answer your question.
    Its much safer for your liver to take the oxy's if your having to take them regular basis you r taking to much tylenol which is known to cause adverse effects if to much is taken. but yes there is the same amount of oxy in a 10mg oxy and a Percocet 10.

darru10 is offline New Member

I was in a accident 12 years ago and the doctor gave me oxycontin as a base line pain releiver..he also prescribed me 4 roxiecodone 30mg a day.The oxycontin as a pain releiver is long term around 12 hrs and the 30mg roxiecodone is every 4-6 hrs..one of them is like taking 3 perkocets but the roxies has no tylenol in it where I am allergic to it

samuel50 is offline New Member

Oxycodone can be habit-forming. Do not take a larger dose, take it more often, or take it for a longer period of time than prescribed by your doctor. If you have been taking oxycodone for more than a few days, do not stop taking oxycodone suddenly. If you stop taking this medication suddenly, you may experience withdrawal symptoms such as restlessness, watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing, yawning, sweating, chills, muscle or joint aches or pains, weakness, irritability, anxiety, depression, difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, cramps, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, fast heartbeat, and fast breathing. Your doctor will probably decrease your dose gradually. Call your doctor if you have any withdrawal symptoms when your dose is decreased or when you stop taking oxycodone.