Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes
Oxycodone Vs. Hydrocodone
    russrcampbell is offline New Member

Default You need Oxy

Quote Originally Posted by genegarrett View Post
    I, like you, resond well to hydrocodone, but don't want the Tylenol. I am getting a compounded prescription from my doctor for 40mg hydrocodone, prepared at the pharmacy withOUT the tylonol. You have to have a compounding pharmacy that you can use, and you need to check with your insurance company to see if you are covered for compounded medications. I am not covered, so I pay $45 for a bottle of 120 capsules every month, but I am not in pain. My doctor says that we can work our way up to 60mg in this fashion.

I hope this helps.

When you are taking too much Tylenol you need a different drug, not a new compound or more of the same. Hydrocodone is little brother to Oxycodone. Oxycodone comes in 10(yes it does!) 15, 20, 80, etc. so you can go to a low dose of Oxy 15, 20 instead of more hydro or Percocet(5/325,10/650, etc, percs ARE oxycodone, just like Oxycontin is just a name for brand of Oxycodone)

oxycontin is way stronger than all those combined... oxycodone is what makes roxycontin not onycontin

sarsfield78 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrJacobPaulMcCartyII View Post
    oxycontin is way stronger than all those combined... oxycodone is what makes roxycontin not onycontin
    And you are supposed to be a doctor? I hope not.

In some ways, "oxycodone" can be considered a generic name for OxyContin, as oxycodone is the active ingredient of the medication. However, oxycodone is also the active ingredient in many other medications, so it is probably better to use a term such as "oxycodone extended release" to describe the generic versions of OxyContin.

river_phisher is offline New Member

Oxycodone is indeed and ingredient in Oxycontin, but, to get Oxycontin there has to be hydrochloride. So, Oxycodone Hydrochloride is Oxycontin. If you were to take a regular oxycodone say 15mg, then an 15mg oxycontin the next day. Then compare the two, Oxycodone will be stronger, but it will not last aslong the Oxycontin. One of the main reasons Oxycontin is given to pain management patients is because it of suspection that he/she may be abusing or becoming mentally addicted to the Oxycodone.

Percocet and Oxycodone at not at all the same. Percocet is oxycodone with acetaminophen. Oxycodone will be stronger than a percocet.

Hydrocodone is codeine with acetaminophen, but is also called Vicodin.

Roxicet is the same as Percocet. Roxicodone is oxycodone hydrochloride, which is the same as Oxycontin.

As of recent, Oxycontin has been made into an OP formula that makes it tamper proof. Purdue pharmacy, the company that produces Oxycontin came up with this because they were getting sued. Some say now you dont even get nearly the amount of analgesic effects when taken properly. Although, there are still an couple of ways you can rid the tamper proof formula if you are one that likes to abuse pills. Don't waste your time, get Oxycodone they are cheaper and healthier as well on your body but not your addiction. Oxycodone is also cheaper in the pharmacy than the now OP formula Oxycontin.

Hubertes is offline Banned

Hi Bigcor,
    Thanks for raising this issue and like to say thanks to buddy for the detailed answer and Aedain for sharing informative link with us. Well carried by other members also and collectively found this threat very informative so bookmarked the link to share with others also.

jscching is offline New Member

Smile RE:Have any of you with serious pain used Tramadol? I just discovered it on the Web,

Quote Originally Posted by ruby2oozdy View Post
    Have any of you with serious pain used Tramadol? I just discovered it on the Web, haven't tried it.
    I have used tramadol, morphine (MS Contin), lortab (hydrocodone), roxycodone, oxycontin, dilaudid, Opana with a combination of Naproxin to help with some of the break through pain. Tramdol is alright, but I find it relatively closer to taking an Alieve (Naproxin). The best one I have taken to control my pain is the Opana with an occasional Lortab and or Alieve. But everyone is different I have herniated discs at l3,l4, and l5 with a slight fracture that healed weird on my l4 vertebra, as well as 3 wedge vertebrae in my thorasic lumbar and my c4-c6 herniated discs which I had an ACDF surgery that left me with narrow spinal stenosis as the Dr. didn't attempt to fix the stenosis in that surgery. On top of all that I have psoriatic arthritis and my left foot was mangled in accident 13 years ago where a riding lawn mower rolled over on me and reconstructed with 12 surgeries. Try to get OPANA with some Equate Sodium Naproxin (Wal-Mart brand) the Opana is a little on the expensive side. Don't waste your money on Tramadol they use it a lot with cancer patients. Hope this helps

Ellis Dee is offline New Member

Oxy is next step up on the scale from hydrocodone.

litchi123 is offline Junior Member

Both vicodin and oxycodone are exceptionally popular among consumers and makers. For instance, within the class, a ton of brands are put within it, including Lortab, Vicodin, Lorcet and some other drugs. OxyContin, itself a product from opium, is also advertised under different brands on the market, notably the popular Nonsteroidal Anti inflammatory Drug (NSAID) ibuprofen and Oxycodone from Purdue Pharma.

Between the two choices, oxycontin is frequently regarded as being the comparatively stronger alternative to vicodin.

flipnap is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jscching View Post
    I have used tramadol, morphine (MS Contin), lortab (hydrocodone), roxycodone, oxycontin, dilaudid, Opana with a combination of Naproxin to help with some of the break through pain. Tramdol is alright, but I find it relatively closer to taking an Alieve (Naproxin). The best one I have taken to control my pain is the Opana with an occasional Lortab and or Alieve. But everyone is different I have herniated discs at l3,l4, and l5 with a slight fracture that healed weird on my l4 vertebra, as well as 3 wedge vertebrae in my thorasic lumbar and my c4-c6 herniated discs which I had an ACDF surgery that left me with narrow spinal stenosis as the Dr. didn't attempt to fix the stenosis in that surgery. On top of all that I have psoriatic arthritis and my left foot was mangled in accident 13 years ago where a riding lawn mower rolled over on me and reconstructed with 12 surgeries. Try to get OPANA with some Equate Sodium Naproxin (Wal-Mart brand) the Opana is a little on the expensive side. Don't waste your money on Tramadol they use it a lot with cancer patients. Hope this helps
    Anyone reading this please pay attention. I have been Diagnosed with Crohns and have been prescribed many different pain medications. At one point i was prescribed tramadol. PLEASE be VERY VERY careful with this medication for long term use. I stopped taking it and went through the MOST INTENSE WITHDRAWALS i have ever experienced in my life. On top of that, i found out you can actually go into seizures from stopping abruptly. I went through SEVER depression and didn't sleep for about 4 days straight. After the third day my psychological problems alone from sleep deprivation almost had me hospitalized. I took ambien on the third day and it didn't help one bit. Sweating and nauseated, tremors, restless body, etc. At times i wished i had the strength to put my head through the wall to stop the madness.. So heres why, and the doctors won't tell you this because they don't know...

Tramadol, ultram, etc were actually originally developed as a strong antidepressant. when they realized it also helped with the pain, they exclusively started prescribing it as a "safe alternative" to opiates. They said it wasn't addictive and safe. The reason the withdrawals were so bad is because of the antidepressant side. Seratonin shock set in and i had no idea. Tramadol is a VERY dangerous..

anyone reading this that ever crosses paths should be VERY cautious.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123