Oxycodone and the pharmacy
    missylowery is offline Banned

Question Oxycodone and the pharmacy

My doctor wrote me a script for Oxycodone and every pharmacy I call says they do not have it. I ended up taking it to one and they did have it. Are they suppose to tell you they do not carry it when you call?

sparkey is offline Junior Member

Maybe it is like Oxycontin and they worry about people stealing from them and say no on the phone to protect themselves without actually seeing the script for it. Just my thought. Maybe a security thing. I know the two drugs are different, but like i said " precaution" may be their reason.

kaileyb is offline Member

it probably is a precaution, because people want those things like candy! lol. anyway, i haven't gone to pharmacy yet that doesn't have hydrocodone, oxycodone, etc, so i'm sure that's why they dont tell u over the phone.

oldbroad is offline New Member

Pharmacists are scared they're going to end up facing down some junkie with a shotgun (this has actually happened in my local area). Around here, they'll usually tell me they have to see my prescription before giving me that info (the few times I've had to call around because my regular pharmacy was out of a particular med). My regular pharmacist will always tell me, when I call up and give my name and ask. That's the benefit of using one pharmacy exclusively, they get to know you.

JustSomeGuy is offline Junior Member

I agree totally, its a security measure. Like one poster said, the advantage of going to one pharmacy is that they get to know you. In that case, they would most likely answer these types of questions once you identify yourself over the phone and they know who they are talking to. I would guess most, if not all pharmacies carrie this type of drug because its so common. I would forget the telephone and just go to a pharmacy and get the prescription filled.