Nicorette gum and Headaches
    musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Default Nicorette gum and Headaches

I am trying to quit smoking I have been 7 days without cigs and I am going nuts.I tried Nicorette gum today and I thought my head was going to explode . I had a major headache .Has anyone had any successful nicotine replacement therapy>?I'm dyin over here...lol...I know there are more serious issues on this forum but .........any tips?

Anonymous Guest

Hi Musicman
    LOL...Im am sorry,LOL I so know what you are going through...
    I never used the gum or the patch it just drags it out longer.
    I have quit smoking to many times in my life.LOL
    you know i used the chantix this time. but some of the other times.
    I would walk around with a popsicle stick in my mouth chewing on it.
    or when it hit me really bad i would get bottled water and drink it till my nic
    fit was gone.
    Thats all i got. sorry not much help...
    good luck, I will be thinking of ya.
    Melinda

Anonymous Guest

Hi Musicman
    I was just wondering how the smoking was going?
    talk to ya soon, Melinda

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi Musicman
    I was just wondering how the smoking was going?
    talk to ya soon, Melinda
    Not good...I caved and smoked 2 cigarettes today...For a few minutes I was in total bliss...I loved every puff !!!....Its hard but I am sill trying!
    Thanks for asking....Hope you are well Melinda!

Anonymous Guest

Im doing good,thank's
    I have to tell ya,i love that
    quitting smoking is hard with that little face
    makes me crack up every time.
    you know the only reason i laugh is becouse
    i have quit and started so many times.
    I have earned the right to.LOL
    good luck, you will get it
    melinda

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by musicman48 View Post
    Not good...I caved and smoked 2 cigarettes today...For a few minutes I was in total bliss...I loved every puff !!!....Its hard but I am sill trying!
    Thanks for asking....Hope you are well Melinda!

Hey dude! I just wanted to make sure that you remember cigarettes are not like suboxone. We take a sliver for w/d with suboxone, but we don't smoke a cigarette if we feel smoke w/d. I'm just giving you a hard time. LOL Stopping smoking is such a drag.

I actually quit smoking for over a year five different times. That last one was finally a taker. Now it's been ten years but I didn't think I would ever stop and make it last. It was so hard.

I don't think there are many things going on across this forum more important than stopping cigarettes. That is a major deal and something that will add years to your life. That is pretty important. I found that recovery principles were what finally helped me do this. If I can make it without smoking for an hour, then two hours, a day and so on.

I think it's so difficult because smoking cigarettes is legal. Thats the bottom line. We never get stopped for driving while smoking a cigarette. When something is so difficult anyway, plus the law says its ok to do, it made it very tough for me. It will get easier as you move forward, you know that.

How is the swimming and exercise regimen going? I always played sports my entire life and I found that was my best defense against smoking. It's tough to smoke and workout hard. Hang in there. You'll get past this. You've done too well with everything else to let this get to you. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Hey dude! I just wanted to make sure that you remember cigarettes are not like suboxone. We take a sliver for w/d with suboxone, but we don't smoke a cigarette if we feel smoke w/d. I'm just giving you a hard time. LOL Stopping smoking is such a drag.

I actually quit smoking for over a year five different times. That last one was finally a taker. Now it's been ten years but I didn't think I would ever stop and make it last. It was so hard.

I don't think there are many things going on across this forum more important than stopping cigarettes. That is a major deal and something that will add years to your life. That is pretty important. I found that recovery principles were what finally helped me do this. If I can make it without smoking for an hour, then two hours, a day and so on.

I think it's so difficult because smoking cigarettes is legal. Thats the bottom line. We never get stopped for driving while smoking a cigarette. When something is so difficult anyway, plus the law says its ok to do, it made it very tough for me. It will get easier as you move forward, you know that.

How is the swimming and exercise regimen going? I always played sports my entire life and I found that was my best defense against smoking. It's tough to smoke and workout hard. Hang in there. You'll get past this. You've done too well with everything else to let this get to you. God bless.
    I think the swimming is really what has helped me not to smoke..I made it 8 days before yesterday's smoke..I had a gig on a cruise ship for 2 years and quit smoking for 19 months because the cigs were so expensive on the cruise ship..I can't believe I was stupid enough to start back...I know how important this is and I am still trying....I have postponed my physical therapy because the swimming is going so well...I have not missed a day and I feel great!..I think this has also helped with any opiate cravings as well...I have had none....I am going to meetings almost every day right now in 2 different places...I kind of rotate..Yesterday me and one of my brothers from N/A went to a coffee shop after our meeting and thats when I caved....A doughnut a cup of coffeee and I had to finish it off with a cig..I smoked the second one on the way home because I enjoyed that first one so much..lol...When I was getting clean I threw away a bottle of 90 lorcets and did not think twice...I can't bring myself to throw away my cigs....yet....Winter is coming where I live and I never smoke in the house.It will help me stop because it gets hard to go outside to smoke in the winter...lol...I am not giving up....." I wish there was a Suboxone for cigarettes" I hope you are well...God Bless !

Anonymous Guest

Hi Musicman
    I don't mean to keep putting this in your face,but that is just what chantix is.
    makes you feel like you never smoked in your life,you just don't want to smoke.sub for cigs.LOL
    It cost around 100.00 bucks,but its the best 100.00 dollars i ever spent.
    just had to put it out there one more time,
    but i will shut up now,
    have a good day,melinda

Hi Musicman
    I don't mean to keep putting this in your face,but that is just what chantix is.
    makes you feel like you never smoked in your life,you just don't want to smoke.sub for cigs.LOL
    It cost around 100.00 bucks,but its the best 100.00 dollars i ever spent.
    just had to put it out there one more time,
    but i will shut up now,
    have a good day,melinda
    Thanks Melinda,I am going to check Chantix out ! I appreciate the help! I am having my morning coffee right now and....well....you know the rest...lol...I am being strong today though...You have a good day too!

Quote Originally Posted by musicman48 View Post
    Thanks Melinda,I am going to check Chantix out ! I appreciate the help! I am having my morning coffee right now and....well....you know the rest...lol...I am being strong today though...You have a good day too!

Having some coffee with those cigarettes aren't you. Hang tough. You can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Having some coffee with those cigarettes aren't you. Hang tough. You can do this.

lol...wow...I heard that!...Thanks Robert

Anonymous Guest

Default chamomile tea

Hi Musicman
    Just wanted you to know I'm trying the chamomile tea tonight !!!
    Talk to ya soon, Melinda

Hi Musicman
    Just wanted you to know I'm trying the chamomile tea tonight !!!
    Talk to ya soon, Melinda

Guess that I am going to have to buy some of this stuff and see if it helps me sleep too. That would be very cool.