Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By HokieFiend
  • 1 Post By fred1951
  • 1 Post By inpainhadenough
  • 1 Post By kelbel123
New white Watson 853 Hydrocodone 10/325 - Something is seriously wrong
    HokieFiend is offline New Member

Default New white Watson 853 Hydrocodone 10/325 - Something is seriously wrong

All,

I have hit up a couple of other forums and just want to spread the word further. I am a chronic pain sufferer and have taken pain medication (specifically hydrocodone 10/325) for the last 10 years. I have had just about every brand out there for this specific medication and I have never once had an issue. Not once in 10 years.... which brings us to 3 days ago.

I got my monthly prescription filled at a national chain pharmacy and for the first time ever received the new Watson 853 white pills. I didn't think much of it other than noticing they were white when I got home. I didn't even know they had started taking the yellow dye out. I have had the pale yellow Watson 853 before and they, like any other brand, were just fine and actually seemed to relieve my pain a little bit better than other brands from my experience... but that could have all been coincidence, how I was feeling when I've had those pills, my pain levels at the time etc.

Usually, I will start experiencing relief within 10-15 minutes after taking my dosage. When I got home and took the medicine, it hit the 1 hour mark without any relief before I started to worry that something was wrong. It got to an hour and a half and I took another dose which I only ever do when my pain levels are maxing out. Normally this would leave me pretty out of it. Another hour goes by.... nothing... no change... no relief. I took another half dose. Same deal. That's when I called it quits and started hitting the internet forums. Something had to be wrong with these things I thought. I started reading other people's experiences with these garbage pills and they were all experiencing the same thing. The next day I took an old yellow pill that I had leftover and the difference was night and day. It was if I had taken nothing when I took the white ones.

I wanted to reach out the community here and ask that people respond to this thread with their experiences with these white Watson 853 hydrocodone 10/325 pills and any information they have seen in relation to it or any response they have received from the manufacturer. I am willing to believe that I received a bad batch of the medicine, but I am seeing too many other cases just like mine to believe this an isolated incident. Nobody ever looks out for pain sufferers... its up to us to do something about this. We need to organize and get answers. We deserve answers. Watson's website (www.watson.com) has a number you can call to complain. I am going to be doing this on Monday and I encourage anyone else who has had issues with the new medication to do so as well.

I have read that people have called Watson/Actavis (the company was recently bought) and have been told that they have received innumerable complaints about the medicine. I have even read that one pharmacist told a patient that the formula was changed to discourage abuse of the medication/lower the recreational usage. Watson/Actavis is denying any change in the medication formula other than taking out the yellow dye. From what I have experienced this is 100% not the case. Something else has changed. I have taken this medicine for far too long to know the difference and its insulting for the manufacturer to claim nothing has changed... like I said I've had about every brand out there and have never had one issue. Ever. I have taken extended release formulations before and this medicine behaves in that manner almost. I'm of the belief that either they have lowered the amount of active ingredient to far far less than label or they have manipulated the pill to either curtail the instant release or actually turn it into an extended release formula. They could get into hot water for either scenario. This almost feels like the change to the OxyContin formula.... the problem is that OxyContin was already extended release. This medication is instant release and needs to act in that manner for people who need it. Whats going to happen is people are going to need to change medication over this. I do not want to have to switch to oxycodone, but I , and many others I am sure, may have no choice. The conspiracy theorist in me almost believes that this may all be part of a big government plan to stop recreational use but its going to, as always, end up hurting legitimate pain patients. Maybe its part of a plan to get everyone onto the new non-compounded hydrocodone.

I think we need to figure out a way to get these pills fully analyzed for every single ingredient (and the amount) in them. There is without a doubt a change in the medication. For me and the pain that I have, these pills are garbage... absolutely worthless... and they are what I use to have any sort of quality of life whatsoever.

Sorry for the long-winded post. Again, any info anyone has in relation to this, please let your voice be heard. Please.
    jennybhurtin and abbi100 like this.

fred1951 is offline New Member

Ive had the same problem. Im chronically ill, have lots of pain. Like u, my quality of life has ceased. They r lying to everone. The dye my ass. Im down to 82 lbs since they chanhed all the pain meds. There is no pain reliever in any of them. If anyone finds a place to have a pill tested please post it. Also look up the manufacturer of these drugs. China....come on
    jennybhurtin likes this.

april2006 is offline New Member

I've had this same issue. Just Google'd what the difference was and came across this. I've been on hydrocodone 10/325 for almost three years; up until 15 days ago I never received the white 10/325 hydrocodone. I can usually manage my pain with one yellow pill every 6 hours but with the white ones i was taking 2 1/2 with almost ZERO relief. Had to refill my script today; picked up my script and it was the yellow ones... about 45 minutes ago took ONE and am already getting relief. I don't know what the deal is with the white ones but they are not the same.

Maddy13 is offline New Member

Yes, April, you are right! I've had to take hydros for the horrific pain from mesh erosion...the yellow ones with the "V" on one side and "3601" on the other side worked pretty well or as well as can be expected with intense pain. Since I wasn't headed towards the pharmacy that I usually use, I had my hydros called to the chain pharmacy that you speak of which I am sure is "W........" They gave me the white Watson 853. They are garbage, they will make you a little tired but do nothing for the pain. Just to make sure it wasn't me, I also went back and took the yellow "V" "3601" tablet....definitely a difference. I would sure suggest everyone check with their pharmacy to make sure they will not be receiving the Watson 853. Watson should have to answer to this problem!!
    Last edited by Maddy13; 05-10-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Maddy13 is offline New Member

I think the FDA or whomever monitors the ingredients used in these tablets should be checking on Watson!
    Last edited by Maddy13; 05-10-2014 at 04:50 PM.

txrednex is offline New Member

Any true accredited lab can do a breakdown of what is in this tablet. I have had to go to the oxycodone Ir because these did not work anymore. There are very few true accredited labs that caan be used that would hold up if a lawsuit were to be filed.

kleonard1974 is offline New Member

ive been on tabs since i was 16. im now 40. never have i thought that they would purposely hurt the ppl that use their product. anybody thought bout a petition against this company? and please let me know if they r bein sued. the more ppl speak out n take action, the better chance we have of not bein taken advantage of like this.

Mackie2014 is offline New Member

These damn pills made me test positive for Tramadol and I have never in my life taken one.I take only what is being prescribed to me.I to usually get the yellow ones but was given the white ones last month.Dr.refused to give me my scripts Friday for my medication refills.I have been on the yellows for 4yrs and now I am cut off because of being given the white.

LAzyPD is offline New Member

These new white ones that I got from Walgreens's made me vomit for 2 for 12 hours plus. Something is wrong and we should all sue.
    -Mister Los Angeles

fred1951 is offline New Member

Sorry, i meant to say no pharmacy had brand name meds. The more ppl that complain the better it mite b. Im just miserable. Brenda n mo.

inpainhadenough is offline New Member

My story- I have been suffering from a degenerative disc with a annular tear for the last year. When I started treatment for the pain I was given Norco 10/500, when I had them filled the brand was qualitest and they were also light yellow. If I took one pill I was out of pain completely and relaxed enough to feel like I was getting the relief that I needed and able to function normally. Fast forward 6 months and I went to get my refill and I was given white Watson Norco 10/325. I did not care what the brand was or the color, that is until I took one. I felt a fraction of the pain relief followed by a stomach ache, a headache, and a generally awful physical feeling. I never experienced this before. I asked the pharmacy if they could order me the qualitest, they did this, it was about 8 months ago, I felt the relief I needed from this medicine. This was one months supply, when I went back they were going to fill with the Watson again, I asked if they could re order the qualitest, they told me (rudely) that they no longer order medications for customers as of that day! So I took the Watson as I can't go without pain management, and once again these white Watsons were awful on my system while providing little pain relief. I went back to my Dr. who so far I feel is somewhat sympathetic, and he suggested Percocet, I tried these and I was throwing up and shivering all day on 5mg!? Next he suggested Tylenol 3. I tried these, although I never felt sick from them they provided little to no relief. Tramadol was next and that made me feel awful as well and with no relief. I asked to be put back on the Norco as they provided more relief from pain then the others. I called the Walgreens next and asked if they could order in Qualitest for me, they rudely said they only carry Watson and do not order for customers. I was also warned about some "red flag" mark you can get for asking for different brands??? I called around all day that day and was shocked to find out that every pharmacy in my city had the same response. It feels like a conspiracy?? This brings me to today, I took my regular Watson 10/325 and spent an hour on the couch with a cold wash cloth on my forehead trying to not throw up, so I went to the internet and found so many stories from honest people like me that are suffering because of this switch. The only advice I was given was to find a independent Pharmacy that would order qualitest, which I have not located yet and am not optimistic... It seems that the pharmaceutical industry has control over the pharmacies and I am being forced to fill my prescription with the white Watsons... At this point I am in a great deal of pain and nothing is helping. I have had enough! I have an appointment with my pain management Dr. Tuesday and I am going to demand that no matter what it takes we find a medicine that works for me as the light yellow qualitiest and yellow Watson's did. I live in Boulder Colorado. If anyone has advice on this matter please reply, I am at a loss for what I can do to get out of this pain and not take medications that make me feel this awful.
    jennybhurtin likes this.

kelbel123 is offline Member

Im having the same exact issue. My dr just upped my dosage from 7.5 to 10 mg hydrocodone watsons and I feel absolutely nothing. Im am outraged and still in pain. Im going to ask to be put back on the 7.5mg. And my next refill I will request a different brand.
    jennybhurtin likes this.

GabbysNanny1951 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kelbel123 View Post
    Im having the same exact issue. My dr just upped my dosage from 7.5 to 10 mg hydrocodone watsons and I feel absolutely nothing. Im am outraged and still in pain. Im going to ask to be put back on the 7.5mg. And my next refill I will request a different brand.
    I have read everyone's comments and could not agree more. I have been on
    Watson 10/325 mg for years due to chronic pain. When they switched the pill from yellow to white, NO ONE will ever convince me that the chemical formula for this drug was not changed. The yellow ones were so great, they got rid of my pain and helped to give me a somewhat, though mot perfect standard of at least being able to be up and function through most normal daily activities. Now, after having only the white pills to take, they do nothing. If I take a half pill (pop a 10 in half), I get NO relief from my pain. If I take a full 10 mg, not only does it do nothing for my pain, but just makes everything worse. It causes me to feel sick, weird in my head, extremely anti-social, suicidal and extremely depressed. Also, it causes my heart to palmitate and race to the point that I have to take 4-5 Clonodine (high blood pressure med) a day, to keep my heart stable. This is so scary. I KNOW they (Watson) have changed the formula. I feel they have done it because the yellows that worked so well had become the number one, best selling drug in America. This was confirmed by a pharmacist to me about two tears ago. So, in short, I agree with others who have posted on here. The losers who just want to take this for recreational "fun, use" have ruined it for those of us who truly need the "old" formula for chronic pain, who suffer greatly. I think a class action lawsuit would be in everyone's interest who suffers and cannot get the medication we need for our legitimate pain. Just don't know of one out there. Anyone??

I have chronic pain in my feet and ankles due to years of dancing on toe shoes. I have to take pain medication in order to work since I am on my feet as a teacher. Luckily I don't have any side effects that cause me to be drowsy or out of it. Thank goodness. There is one generic brand that works great and in my experience the others are almost not worth taking. So the same thing happens to me when I take the Watson pills--by that I mean nothing happens--little if any pain relief. Last month when I went to the pharmacy to fill my prescription, they did not have enough of my preferred generic so they gave me 15 of the Watson brand along with the rest of my usual brand. I tried to sprinkle the Watson ones in with the others so I would not end up at the end of the month with only Watson. I had also noticed that I had been having some palpitations lately and wondered if it might be those Watson Norco I got last time I filled my prescription. I thought I was just really stressed from having so much pain over this past month since I have been taking these worthless Norco made by Watson. I am glad to read that others have noticed this because I was beginning to worry. Yesterday I had an appointment with my pain management doctor and we talked about the new law. He told me how he wanted to handle it and gave me a new paper script for a month's worth of Norco 10-325. I called around to try to find my preferred brand because I am not paying for something that does not work. I could not get anyone to offer to try to get my brand for me. Apparently it is being repackaged due to the new law. It just became available today (10/17). I think all the pharmacists are spooked by this new law. However, I finally found a place across town where the pharmacist said he could order them for me and would have them there in 4 days. That is going to require me taking half doses until then but at least I will finally have my pain relieved when I get the generic that works. I don't think people who have not experienced chronic pain have any idea what it is like. The FDA really has made things difficult as if life is not difficult enough when one lives with chronic pain. My suggestion is that everyone should call around and try to locate the medication that works for them because we should not have to settle for a drug that does not work while the drug companies get rich. I am going to be going to a new pharmacy from now on.

adrianambl is offline New Member

I cannot agree more with you all. I am also a pain sufferer due to 6 procedures on my right knee which includes 2 knee replacement. I've been on Norco 10/325 for quite awhile, for sure more than a year. I always got the yellow pill until this past Friday which I got the white Watson 853. Took it as prescribed by my doctor and nothing happened, the pain was still there. As one person wrote, with yellow pill I would get relief in no more than 20 minutes. With the white pill I didn't at all. So I took another one but still nothing happened. That was Saturday, thank God I didn't have to work so I was able to stay home and just rest my leg. Today is Monday and still don't feel any relief and tomorrow i have to work. I really don't know how I am going to do it, I clean houses. I went to talk to the pharmacist and even showed him what people are saying in this forum. ......his answer was.....it's the same company, they just took dye off.....also, he made the comment of me taken a lot of them already......I fell really ofended because of the way he did it. I kept telling him that there was something very wrong with this pill because they are not working as the yellow were. At the end, he told me he made a note for me to get the yellow pill in my next refill. In the meantime, I will have to deal with this excruciating pain for a month, as somebody else said.....if whoever is making changes on this medication to stop recreational users, us the real pain sufferers are paying the price. I am really upset and whoever needs me to complain with others, just get in touch with me because I'll be more than happy to do it.

Wryn Charles is offline New Member

I just got home from the pharmacy with the new White Watson pills and looked it up to find all of these comments. My story is no different from anyone else's as far as chronic pain goes. I am having extreme anxiety after reading what you all have to say because having no relief means no quality of life. I will be looking into finding a lab who will test these new pills though and if I find one, will let you know the results.

Sheri61 is online now New Member

I've had the same experience as you all. These new Norco's give me headaches nausea and act more like a sleeping pill rather than a pain reliever. I called Watson and left a message tonight and complained about the effectiveness of these new white pills. The yellow ones worked fine and when I took my first white one two days ago I instantly had in a reaction. What are you all going to do and how are you going to deal with it?