Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HokieFiend
  • 1 Post By fred1951
New white Watson 853 Hydrocodone 10/325 - Something is seriously wrong
    HokieFiend is offline New Member

Default New white Watson 853 Hydrocodone 10/325 - Something is seriously wrong

All,

I have hit up a couple of other forums and just want to spread the word further. I am a chronic pain sufferer and have taken pain medication (specifically hydrocodone 10/325) for the last 10 years. I have had just about every brand out there for this specific medication and I have never once had an issue. Not once in 10 years.... which brings us to 3 days ago.

I got my monthly prescription filled at a national chain pharmacy and for the first time ever received the new Watson 853 white pills. I didn't think much of it other than noticing they were white when I got home. I didn't even know they had started taking the yellow dye out. I have had the pale yellow Watson 853 before and they, like any other brand, were just fine and actually seemed to relieve my pain a little bit better than other brands from my experience... but that could have all been coincidence, how I was feeling when I've had those pills, my pain levels at the time etc.

Usually, I will start experiencing relief within 10-15 minutes after taking my dosage. When I got home and took the medicine, it hit the 1 hour mark without any relief before I started to worry that something was wrong. It got to an hour and a half and I took another dose which I only ever do when my pain levels are maxing out. Normally this would leave me pretty out of it. Another hour goes by.... nothing... no change... no relief. I took another half dose. Same deal. That's when I called it quits and started hitting the internet forums. Something had to be wrong with these things I thought. I started reading other people's experiences with these garbage pills and they were all experiencing the same thing. The next day I took an old yellow pill that I had leftover and the difference was night and day. It was if I had taken nothing when I took the white ones.

I wanted to reach out the community here and ask that people respond to this thread with their experiences with these white Watson 853 hydrocodone 10/325 pills and any information they have seen in relation to it or any response they have received from the manufacturer. I am willing to believe that I received a bad batch of the medicine, but I am seeing too many other cases just like mine to believe this an isolated incident. Nobody ever looks out for pain sufferers... its up to us to do something about this. We need to organize and get answers. We deserve answers. Watson's website (www.watson.com) has a number you can call to complain. I am going to be doing this on Monday and I encourage anyone else who has had issues with the new medication to do so as well.

I have read that people have called Watson/Actavis (the company was recently bought) and have been told that they have received innumerable complaints about the medicine. I have even read that one pharmacist told a patient that the formula was changed to discourage abuse of the medication/lower the recreational usage. Watson/Actavis is denying any change in the medication formula other than taking out the yellow dye. From what I have experienced this is 100% not the case. Something else has changed. I have taken this medicine for far too long to know the difference and its insulting for the manufacturer to claim nothing has changed... like I said I've had about every brand out there and have never had one issue. Ever. I have taken extended release formulations before and this medicine behaves in that manner almost. I'm of the belief that either they have lowered the amount of active ingredient to far far less than label or they have manipulated the pill to either curtail the instant release or actually turn it into an extended release formula. They could get into hot water for either scenario. This almost feels like the change to the OxyContin formula.... the problem is that OxyContin was already extended release. This medication is instant release and needs to act in that manner for people who need it. Whats going to happen is people are going to need to change medication over this. I do not want to have to switch to oxycodone, but I , and many others I am sure, may have no choice. The conspiracy theorist in me almost believes that this may all be part of a big government plan to stop recreational use but its going to, as always, end up hurting legitimate pain patients. Maybe its part of a plan to get everyone onto the new non-compounded hydrocodone.

I think we need to figure out a way to get these pills fully analyzed for every single ingredient (and the amount) in them. There is without a doubt a change in the medication. For me and the pain that I have, these pills are garbage... absolutely worthless... and they are what I use to have any sort of quality of life whatsoever.

Sorry for the long-winded post. Again, any info anyone has in relation to this, please let your voice be heard. Please.
    jennybhurtin likes this.

fred1951 is offline New Member

Ive had the same problem. Im chronically ill, have lots of pain. Like u, my quality of life has ceased. They r lying to everone. The dye my ass. Im down to 82 lbs since they chanhed all the pain meds. There is no pain reliever in any of them. If anyone finds a place to have a pill tested please post it. Also look up the manufacturer of these drugs. China....come on
    jennybhurtin likes this.

april2006 is offline New Member

I've had this same issue. Just Google'd what the difference was and came across this. I've been on hydrocodone 10/325 for almost three years; up until 15 days ago I never received the white 10/325 hydrocodone. I can usually manage my pain with one yellow pill every 6 hours but with the white ones i was taking 2 1/2 with almost ZERO relief. Had to refill my script today; picked up my script and it was the yellow ones... about 45 minutes ago took ONE and am already getting relief. I don't know what the deal is with the white ones but they are not the same.

Maddy13 is offline New Member

Yes, April, you are right! I've had to take hydros for the horrific pain from mesh erosion...the yellow ones with the "V" on one side and "3601" on the other side worked pretty well or as well as can be expected with intense pain. Since I wasn't headed towards the pharmacy that I usually use, I had my hydros called to the chain pharmacy that you speak of which I am sure is "W........" They gave me the white Watson 853. They are garbage, they will make you a little tired but do nothing for the pain. Just to make sure it wasn't me, I also went back and took the yellow "V" "3601" tablet....definitely a difference. I would sure suggest everyone check with their pharmacy to make sure they will not be receiving the Watson 853. Watson should have to answer to this problem!!
    Last edited by Maddy13; 05-10-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Maddy13 is offline New Member

I think the FDA or whomever monitors the ingredients used in these tablets should be checking on Watson!
    Last edited by Maddy13; 05-10-2014 at 04:50 PM.

txrednex is offline New Member

Any true accredited lab can do a breakdown of what is in this tablet. I have had to go to the oxycodone Ir because these did not work anymore. There are very few true accredited labs that caan be used that would hold up if a lawsuit were to be filed.

kleonard1974 is offline New Member

ive been on tabs since i was 16. im now 40. never have i thought that they would purposely hurt the ppl that use their product. anybody thought bout a petition against this company? and please let me know if they r bein sued. the more ppl speak out n take action, the better chance we have of not bein taken advantage of like this.