NEURONTIN AND VICODIN
    NORTON5 is offline New Member

Default NEURONTIN AND VICODIN

I was told that neurontin would work on my back pain as well if not better than vicodin or percocet. When I looked it up it says it is for seizures!?

Does anyone know if it is also used for pain?

Stallion is offline Senior Member

neurotonin is an anti-seizure med, but it has a number of off-label applications. I have heard of it prescribed for mood-swings, bi-polar, mood disorders and as a sedative (for anxiety or insomnia). I doubt it would do much for real pain, and it certainly is not an opiate (it dosen't block sensations of pain by mediating opiate recptors). sounds like bunk to me.

Information = Freedom

mugjimbo is offline New Member

i take neurontin and vicodin for my back pain. i truly believe that neurontin helps lessen my back pain. it acts on your nerves. however, i believe that neurontin alone won't do anything for pain. i believe it is the combination of the two.

Retrouser is offline New Member

Default Neurotin & Lyrica

My doctors, prior to my bariatric surgery, used to put me on a lot of those meds. Lyrica, Neurotin, Gabapentin, Naproxone, what-not. When I was out of pain meds, I'd used to take a few more of them and they never helped. In fact, I personally think they never helped at all to control any pain. Neurotin affects nerves (I believe), so, I'd imagine if you have nerve damage, it'd help a little more. Lyrica, which is for seizures as well, has been prescribed more recently because it's the "new drug" but it doesn't have generic yet and it helped me, back in the day, maybe a littttttttle bit. I'd used to take a lot of Lyrica to help me go to sleep when the pain was really bad.

robin0430 is offline New Member

I'm on hydrocodone/apap and a fentanyl patch for pain associated with mixed connective tissue disease and degenerative disk disease as well as some undiagnosed problems. These meds didn't seem to help with nerve pain that ran from my hip to ankle in the left leg. It was a constant ache. We experimented with several doses of neurontin. A dosage that was too high caused swelling in my feet, ankles, and calves along with a 'sunburn and fever' on my shins. We lowered the dose to 200 mg. every 8 hours. The nerve pain was handled, and the swelling and sunburn/fever went away. I also have friends who have neuropathy pain associated with diabetes who use neurontin and find relief.Hope this helps some; good luck.