Need Wellbutrin good experiences!
    jch311 is offline New Member

Default Need Wellbutrin good experiences!

I have severe depressiona and SSRI's have not helped. I have been puutting off trying Wellbutrin because I am worried about hte agitation side effect and the constipation ( I have IBS).

Can those of you who have had good experiences with this med please respond with your stories. I really need to hear that it has helped people and I really need to know if the side effects subside in time- that will motivate me to "stick with it".

Thank you for reading this!

Everyone is affected differently by medications as I am sure you already know. But I will tell you that I have taken wellbutrin on and off for depression and it does help me. The only side effect I had at first was sleeplessness & thirst for about the first week. When I went back on it about 4 months ago, that didnt even bother me because I take ambien 12.5 at night anyway (I have fibromyalgia, FMS sufferers do not sleep, lol) Oh it did cause me to loose a few lbs as well. Good luck.

irisheyes is offline Junior Member

Smile

I am on Wellbutrin XL and have been for a couple of months. The only negative side effect for me is sleep trouble, but i have had insomnia for 7 years and am on imovane/Tryptophan anyways for sleep, so that helps combat that issue. I have read about anger, irritability, etc... but have not had any of that yet. The best side effect for me was within one week ( I know it says it can take 6 weeks for full effect) I began feeling so much lighter in my mood and my anxiety almost disappeared altogether- within one week. Everyone responds differently, so dont take my experience as a model.

I have tried remeron, Trazodone, Elavil in the past (antideprrasnts with sleep help) and nothing helped, plus I gained 8 lbs in one week on some of these.

Wellbutrin, I have lost that amount without doing anything different. If you are underweight or thin to begin with, be careful as it also works as an appetite suppressant and I would almost forget to eat anything. I went from 123 lbs to 115 within a few weeks and have stayed there.

I have also read about possibility of seizure risk at higher doses ( 300 mg and up), but it is about 1 in 1,000 for higher doses and believ your lifestyle also plays a big factor in that. Every mediaction has a risk.

I take 150 mg in the morning.

Hope this all helps

jch311 is offline New Member

thank you for the replies so far..........they definitely help!!!

lizdance40 is offline New Member

Talking

Have you been on any MAOI's?? The effect is similar as it affects Dopamine and Norepinephrine levels. We have not had any trouble with side effects from Wellbutrin. Only negative comment is that the generics frequently don't work. Pay extra for the brand for two months to see if it works, then request EON labs generic and refuse the generic from TEVA labs.
    Quote Originally Posted by jch311 View Post
    I have severe depressiona and SSRI's have not helped. I have been puutting off trying Wellbutrin because I am worried about hte agitation side effect and the constipation ( I have IBS).

Can those of you who have had good experiences with this med please respond with your stories. I really need to hear that it has helped people and I really need to know if the side effects subside in time- that will motivate me to "stick with it".

Thank you for reading this!