muscle twisting and tightening?
    leana is offline Member

Default muscle twisting and tightening?

a friend of mine is having alot of problems at night. he said it feels like all his muscles are twisting and tightening up. it keeps him awake,and is very painful.he was on mental health meds a few years ago,strong ones,and also has had a drug problem for years.so maybe its from taking drugs,but even so,what would cause his muscles to do that at night? and what can he do about it? it keeps him up most of the night,so he ends up sleeping until at least noon or later everyday.

leana is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by leana View Post
    a friend of mine is having alot of problems at night. he said it feels like all his muscles are twisting and tightening up. it keeps him awake,and is very painful.he was on mental health meds a few years ago,strong ones,and also has had a drug problem for years.so maybe its from taking drugs,but even so,what would cause his muscles to do that at night? and what can he do about it? it keeps him up most of the night,so he ends up sleeping until at least noon or later everyday.
    come on! alot of people read this post,isnt there anyone out there at all who can tell me what muscle twisting and pain at night could possibly be?????

rockermom51 is offline Junior Member

Default muscle twists and stiffness

Hi - i suffer from the same thing, especially since being put on Cymbalta for depression. Abilify was added and that made the condition worse so I stopped taking it and I'm no longer going to take the cymbalta either. I also think I may have damaged myself physically with too much cocaine and meth use, i have been clean from that mess for a year now, but my body has never returned to normal. I have restless leg syndrome really bad, i can't relax my body at all without the help of clonazepam, and because of my addiction to other drugs, doctors are hesitant to allow me to take clonazepam, which sucks big time.

so i have an appt this week to try another antidepressant and he also wants to put me on restiril, which is a low benzo called temazepam. We'll see i guess, all i know is i want to feel good again.

best of luck to you, in finding a solution for this.

sheryl

Masda is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by leana View Post
    come on! alot of people read this post,isnt there anyone out there at all who can tell me what muscle twisting and pain at night could possibly be?????
    Likely brain damage caused by neuroleptic drugs.