Morphine side effects?
    Mara13 is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Morphine side effects?

I am taking these little tiny purple Morphine pills with a ABG on one side and a number 30 on the other side. Are these time released? If so how long does a time released pill work? Are these ones that you cannot chew because they would be stronger? Also are they stronger or weaker than Hydrocodone 10/650? If one is dependant upon Hydrocodone and runs out 4 days early due to a family tradgedy (trust me it is exactly that and having fibromyalgia that makes adds more pain, physical pain from the fibro flair) and substitutes the Morphine pills, these purple ones, what is the difference in strength. I have taken 3 of them and they seem to be really weak and not anything like my Lortabs. Please advice and as I have not posted on this particular place again I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I also do not need anyone telling me not to substitute one for the other, as I am a BIG girl and capable of making my own decisions besided I am going to substitute them with or without this knowledge I seek here so please refrain from the judgement. I actually have no clue if anyone WILL be that way because have never posted here, but just saying. Thanks for your help and advice as it is most sought out at this time or I would not be posting this now. Blessings to you all. Mara13

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

I answered your other post, and most of the same questions, but again, yes it's a CR, it's suppose to last 12 hours, yes crushing breaks the time release. Instant release (IR) meds hit harder at first then CR's, but CR's last longer. Morphine is .6 times stronger then hydrocodone.
    Morphine always seemed weak to me too, I don't know why, well I do but I'm not going to get into it. That is a low dose pill too. Some morphine CR pills like Avinza lasts 24 hours

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mara13 View Post
    I am taking these little tiny purple Morphine pills with a ABG on one side and a number 30 on the other side. Are these time released? If so how long does a time released pill work? Are these ones that you cannot chew because they would be stronger? Also are they stronger or weaker than Hydrocodone 10/650? If one is dependant upon Hydrocodone and runs out 4 days early due to a family tradgedy (trust me it is exactly that and having fibromyalgia that makes adds more pain, physical pain from the fibro flair) and substitutes the Morphine pills, these purple ones, what is the difference in strength. I have taken 3 of them and they seem to be really weak and not anything like my Lortabs. Please advice and as I have not posted on this particular place again I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I also do not need anyone telling me not to substitute one for the other, as I am a BIG girl and capable of making my own decisions besided I am going to substitute them with or without this knowledge I seek here so please refrain from the judgement. I actually have no clue if anyone WILL be that way because have never posted here, but just saying. Thanks for your help and advice as it is most sought out at this time or I would not be posting this now. Blessings to you all. Mara13
    I have taken both and hydro is stronger.If you do not have a pattern of abuse or asking for your script early,you can call your Dr and have them call the pharmacy and have your meds released early....This time.Just explain the circumstances to your Dr.Tradgedy causes stress and stress causes increased pain.

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

Morphine is .6 times stronger then hydrocodone.
    I phrased that a little backwards, Hydrocodone is 0.6 times as strong as Morphine, but that's morphine IR p.o (by mouth or orally). You can't use this conversion for a CR.

Mara13 is offline Junior Member

Thanks guys. Yes my doctor did call in the Hydrocodone today because she understood so that was good. Blessings to you both. Mara13

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mara13 View Post
    Thanks guys. Yes my doctor did call in the Hydrocodone today because she understood so that was good. Blessings to you both. Mara13
    Glad to help!