Morphine Patchs
    Riffster8685 is offline Banned

Default Morphine Patchs

Inappropriate
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-27-2007 at 05:36 PM.

dizzy23 is offline Senior Member

Well this is a first!I guess some will do anything to get high.No....never tried it and don't think I will.

Debbie

Try to be correct!But not always successful!

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

This is not a smart thing to do, you can get a dangerously high dose of the drug this way. Obviously you have a drug abuse problem, you may even be addicted. Not to mention the fact that you are not sucking up just morphine but all the fillers and such that are in there as well which can be hazardous to your sinus cavities, nasal passages, lungs, stomach and throat.

I have never tried it, and I am with dizzy here, I am not going to try it either.

You need to find a better way to feel euphoric and enjoy life. This is not a safe or smart practice.

Dizzy, this may be the first you have heard of it, but it is, tragically, getting more and more common. About two years ago, I tried the Duragesic (Fentanyl) pain patches. I was talking to my mother-in-law about them, she has been a nurse at a hospital near us for over 33 years, she is in charge of several departments and she was telling me about how many overdoses they have had from people abusing them, a large percentage of these overdoses resulted in death.

The Duragesic patch is meant to be used as one patch every 48 to 72 hours, it is 80times stronger than morphine. People would cut open the patches, as this person is doing with their morphine patch, and then snort, eat, or shoot up the gel inside that contains the active drug. She was talking about how sad it was that even though some people survived the OD, many of them did permanent damage to themselves in different ways, some had lung, nasal, throat, stomach and etc. damages. Some damaged their liver and kidneys, and some caused severe brain damage to themselves.

Defeating the time release absorption mechanism of any of these drugs to abuse them and get the whole dose at once is a very dumb idea and very dangerous. There is a reason they are made time released at those dosages, because sometimes to get that amount at once is very hazardous, even though the morphine patches aren't as strong as the Duragesic.

I am sure you can imagine what happens when someone opens these up to directly ingest all the contents by whatever their chosen method, or they crush pills to defeat the time released action. There are parts of these pills and patches that are fillers and in the case of pills binders that make it hold together in it's shape, that are not meant to be digested and used by the human body. Many time released tablets come with a warning that you might see the pill floating in your waste 24 hours or so after you take it, after it works through your system, because your body isn't supposed to absorb or digest this stuff, it is just meant to be discarded in the natural body processes. When they crush the pills, or open up these patches, they are also putting this stuff into their bodies. This can cause various blockages, tumors, and many other problems.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

Rscprincess1 is offline Member

Sweetheart All I Can Say Is Seek Help. You Definatlly Have A Drug Abuse Problem. If You Are Going To This Extreme To Get "High" Then I See A Rehab, Severe Medical Problems, Or Even Death In Your Future. This Is Ridiculous. I Didnt Know People Were Doing This. My Lord I Guess If You Have An Addiction Problem You'll Doing Anything For A Fix.

I'm Not A Pharmacist Or A Medical Doctor. This Message Is Not Medical Advice Or Is It An Offer To Provide Medical Advice. All Drug I.Ds Should Be Validated By A Licensed MD Or Pharmacist. But I Do Enjoy Helping If I Can.

dizzy23 is offline Senior Member

oh my gosh!!!I really thought I had[almost]heard it all,but I guess not.That is crazy!!!I can not believe what some people will do to get high.I was or should say I am a addict[recovering one],and I did a lot of stupid things but I have never heard this one.[:0]Sounds like when you do that you are asking for BIG TROUBLE!!!!

Good luck Riffster8685 you will probably need it.

Debbie

Try to be correct!But not always successful!

vincentlee1 is offline New Member

What he is doing is called chasing the dragon{smoking >>>>>>}. As you know >>>>>> is made from morphine. This is how they use it in china but it is 10 times more addictive and dangerous

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

This person needs help and should also educate themselves on what they are taking.There is no morphine patch.Smoking fentanyl is a good way to go into respitory failure among other things.Get yourself some help before it's to late.....Dave[xx(]

oxyman24 is offline Junior Member

i wonder if smoking fentanyl really works like that?? lol im sure it doesn't i tried putting the fentanyl gel on my cig. one time and i think it gave me a lil opiate buzz, but probably just a placebo

cdaus is offline Junior Member

I can't think of anybody who would be crazy enough to do that. I have reason to believe that you're not telling the truth and just pulling people's legs.

Antiprepp1105 is offline Member

You know you guys might be jumping the gun just abit, the person did say recently Not every day for like months. That doesnt mean they are automatically addicted, and even if they are rehab isnt always necesary. Try not to think the worst right away.

lisa_sing4 is offline New Member

I have to agree w/ everyone , I have some medical education back ground, there are alot of people out there overdosing on these patches (chewing, smoking,using it in anyway not recommended is a no, no..) I was on them and could not tolerate them (to msny bad side effects). Please be careful with this, as it can end ur life....It only takes once, as a close, now dead friend of mine found out...

T