Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kevin9494
Mixing Prozac, Klonopin, Oxycodone
    mproshuto is offline Junior Member

Default Mixing Prozac, Klonopin, Oxycodone

Hello everyone,
    I am on Prozac once a day and 5 mg Klonopin 2x a day, and was given 5mg Percocet to take as needed for my back pain. Well I have run out of the Perc. (only took at the most, 2x a week) and am not seeing my dr. for another week. My back has been bothering me and my friend gave me Oxycodone IR 5mg that her husband had for his back. I am afraid to take them since they aren't prescribe to me, but correct me if I am wrong, aren't they the same as the Perc but without the Acet-however you spell it. I am just worried about taking 2 of the Oxycodone IR 5 mg tablets with already have taken my Prozac and Klonopin for the day. Is the mixture bad or too much?? I have a bit of pill anxiety and just want to make sure I won't end up in respritory failure or anything like that. Thanks so much!!!

Mike VG is offline Senior Member

Well buddy, you're taking an antidepressant (Prozac), an anti-anxiety drug (Clonazepam), and you need to speak with your doctor about writing you a prescription for your back pain. The mixture of the three are very common so don't worry about it. Just get the script for your back.
    GriffSS
    Mike VG

circa9870 is offline Junior Member

Oxycodone is the opioid present in Percocet, however having someone elses prescription like that could get you in a lot of trouble if you got caught with it. Possibly a felony offense i believe. Being in possesion of a controlled substance without a prescription is a pretty serious deal and I wouldnt want to have those pills without one. So I would be careful if I were you and have your buddy come and get those from you or flush them down the toilet or soemthing, but I wouldnt take them. Just make an appointment with your doc if you need pain relief and talk to him about, dont go obtaining pills illegally.

I hope you can get something for your back to relief your pain, good luck,
    Circa

kevin9494 is offline Member

You are right. Oxycodone is the generic version of percocet. I do have a question. You said you were on 5mg of klonopin twice a day. Klonopin only come in .5mg, 1mg, and 2mg, so how do you take 5mg twice a day? If that is correct, I have never even heard of someone on such a high dose. You must be self-medicating. Let me know. Thanks. Kevin.
    JoyceLar likes this.

Steen923 is offline New Member

Red face Mixing Prozac, Klonopin, Oxycodone

Quote Originally Posted by mproshuto View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am on Prozac once a day and 5 mg Klonopin 2x a day, and was given 5mg Percocet to take as needed for my back pain. Well I have run out of the Perc. (only took at the most, 2x a week) and am not seeing my dr. for another week. My back has been bothering me and my friend gave me Oxycodone IR 5mg that her husband had for his back. I am afraid to take them since they aren't prescribe to me, but correct me if I am wrong, aren't they the same as the Perc but without the Acet-however you spell it. I am just worried about taking 2 of the Oxycodone IR 5 mg tablets with already have taken my Prozac and Klonopin for the day. Is the mixture bad or too much?? I have a bit of pill anxiety and just want to make sure I won't end up in respritory failure or anything like that. Thanks so much!!!

Well I'm a nursing student and I have taken similar medication. I was on Celexa 40mg, Klonopin .1mg TID (three times a day) and 5mg Percocet (temporarily) as well as a blood pressure medication for my anxiety attacks to keep my vitals low during an attack, Xanax prn and my birth control pill. Taking the Percocet is yes safe or it wouldn't have been prescribed to you. Oxycodone is one of the main ingredients in Percocet minus the acetaminophen your correct. The acetaminophen acts to work like a helper to the Oxycodone in Percocet, so taking it alone is just as safe as taking the Percocet. However.... I have to say it is legally wrong to obtain them the way you did and if caught there would be major problems for you. I'd call the doctor, I'm sure he would rather write you a script than let you take something under the table like that. Besides you have pill anxiety right? WHAT IF, all I'm saying is what if now, but if you are not familiar with pills and what they should look like you should not take it!!! It could be anything the only safe bet is to get it from the doctor from the pharmacy. Or else you could end up taking something you didn't know you were taking especially being on other medications is just very risky and I would not take that risk.

Best wishes I hope your pain was and is being treated the proper way and safely.
    Last edited by Steen923; 04-28-2010 at 02:31 AM.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

The original post here was from 2007 - so I doubt that the original poster is going to read this. It will help you to find threads that are current, or start a new one, rather than continue a thread that has gone defunct. If a thread is left alone, without responses, it just quietly slips into the archives...

God bless,
    Ruth

rls-sufferer is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevin9494 View Post
    You are right. Oxycodone is the generic version of percocet. I do have a question. You said you were on 5mg of klonopin twice a day. Klonopin only come in .5mg, 1mg, and 2mg, so how do you take 5mg twice a day? If that is correct, I have never even heard of someone on such a high dose. You must be self-medicating. Let me know. Thanks. Kevin.
    This is my first time using a blog type website so please be understanding.
    It's 2:35 am and I have Restless Leg Syndrome. My 4 mg of Klonopin and .75 mg of Mirapex wears off after about 5 hours of sleep. A supposedly highly regarded Neurologist prescribed me these dosages and I LOATH taking these pills.
    Just playing devils advocate here because evidently some doctors think such a high dose of Klonopin is just fine. I disagree but am desperate right now until I can see a different doctor next month.

Satori2869 is offline New Member

From what I understand 10mg is the max dose for anxiety and 20mg the max for seizure 'control'. I understand your confusion about the mg math though. I take 6mg (2mg tid). Why wouldn't his doc just give him 5 2mg daily. My doc doesn't give me 1 2mg, 3 1mg and 2 .5mg tabs.... Maybe he's taking 2.5 2mg tabs bid?
    Last edited by Satori2869; 10-04-2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: misread original message.

JoyceLar is offline New Member

I agree with you, as soon as I read what he worote i was thinki9ng the exact same thing. I take klonopin and it only comes in 2mg, .5 mg and 1 mg, so I was wondering what is up with that 5mg X 2 a day also.....HMmmmm