Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Methadone + Xanax = Lethal?
    HighingFly is offline New Member

Default Methadone + Xanax = Lethal?

Hey, I'm on methadone maintenance and have been for 3 months. I'm at 80 mgs, and have gotten there very gradually. Today I took 1.5 mgs of xanax. Than I read all these things online about people dying from the combonation. Most of those people were abusing methadone on the streets and taking lots of xanax. My body is used to the methadone, and the xanax was so minute. If anyone else has mixed these two successfully, please let me know. I feel completely fine now. I took the methadone around 7:45 am, and I took the xanax around 2:30. Should I be worried about going to bed tonight and not waking up? I also take seroquel to sleep, 300 mgs. Anyone out there know whats up?

Thanks.

resist0r is offline New Member

As long as you have a tolerance to the 'done you should be ok.

I take all kinds of benzos and have no problems whatsoever.

About xanax, I have the new 2mg time released ones, I recommend them, they are excellent for anxiety.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

If you aren't abusing them, then you should have no problem, as you said yourself, most of the deaths have been among those who weren't prescribed the drug, and/or abused it.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

mrigirl is offline New Member

i will help bury my friends son this week for taking a methadone and xanax combination. for u to ask the people on this forum if you should be worried to sleep tonight, only tells me that you probably dont have a script from the same doctor telling you to take this combination. PLEASE ASK YOUR DOCTOR!!! DO NOT ASK THIS ROOM IF U WILL LIVE OR DIE!!! the fact that you made an enquiry makes me believe that your gut instinct kicked in and your not listening to it.

LovlyM is offline Junior Member

I am on 68 mg methadone and also take xanax..as long as you take them exactly as presribed there should not be any problems..however..as with any benzos...you are going to be more drowsy/zombie like when taking both. Good Luck

cass04frass is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by LovlyM

I am on 68 mg methadone and also take xanax..as long as you take them exactly as presribed there should not be any problems..however..as with any benzos...you are going to be more drowsy/zombie like when taking both. Good Luck
    hi everybody on here is telling u ya go ahead try taking methadone and xanax together but its not a good idea one of my best friends died 2 weeks ago cause he overdosed on that **** its not a good idea please listen to me or ya gana meet him up there befor i do

cassidy h

Melis11577 is offline Junior Member

On June 24th 2006 I lost my fiancé (Ron) to methadone prescribed by a physician with a combination of other medications that acted as additives to the Methadone. He had knee surgery and became addicted to the percocet he was prescribed. He checked himself into Greenleaf in Valdosta, GA for detoxification. Upon entering the facility he was drug tested and did not come up positive for opiates (he had stopped taking the percocet 4 days before entering the facility). On the fourth day in detox he died sometime between 2am and 1pm in the afternoon (he was never checked on in all of those hours). The night before he died he was complaining of migraines and vomiting, apparently the staff thought he was still experiencing withdrawals and was not concerned about these symptoms. The symptoms of methadone toxicity mimic withdrawal symptoms physicians and staff must be very cognizant of the complex properties and metabolization of methadone. There were many errors made in my fiancé’s death including the fact that he was given numerous amounts of additive medications such as benzodiazepines.

Ron survived 3 days on a methadone/valium/klonapin combination. He was actually experiencing insomnia before falling asleep and never waking up.

I have come together with several other families throughout the U.S. and together we have created a petition for tougher regulations on methadone and proper education for physicians and staff.

lots of love
    Melissa
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-22-2011 at 05:09 PM.

mjhaynes is offline New Member

I too lost my only child, son, jamie pethel on 09-04-06. It was a combination methadone/xanax. Im sure there are many, many folks that have mixed the two and lived to tell you its ok. My son told me about a week before he died, mom my tolerance is built up so much, im not gonna die. How wrong he was. Jamie was in detox 2 times in the last year of his life and the place he was at kept trying to push methadone on him. The first time, i was able to convince him not to but the second time they worked on him enough to give it a try. Less than 6 months later, he died. I am a recovering addict with over 12 years clean in addiction to a certified substance abuse counselor and I thank GOD everyday that when i got clean, they taught that you cannot give a pill to cure addiction and think you are going to get better. People, WAKE UP, before your mother/family has to write your obit.

ZachsMom is offline New Member

Methadone is VERY dangerous even for those that take it as prescribed. Don't take my word for it...read the comments of the people that have lost their loved ones to this deadly drug. Also, even if it doesn't kill you, it will still take your life because you are a slave to it. Don't take one drug to replace another. Don't line the clinics or pharmaceutical companies pockets with your hard earned money.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-22-2011 at 05:10 PM.

eljbabette is offline New Member

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Melis11577

On June 24th 2006 I lost my fiancé (Ron) to methadone prescribed by a physician with a combination of other medications that acted as additives to the Methadone. He had knee surgery and became addicted to the percocet he was prescribed. He checked himself into Greenleaf in Valdosta, GA for detoxification. Upon entering the facility he was drug tested and did not come up positive for opiates (he had stopped taking the percocet 4 days before entering the facility). On the fourth day in detox he died sometime between 2am and 1pm in the afternoon (he was never checked on in all of those hours). The night before he died he was complaining of migraines and vomiting, apparently the staff thought he was still experiencing withdrawals and was not concerned about these symptoms. The symptoms of methadone toxicity mimic withdrawal symptoms physicians and staff must be very cognizant of the complex properties and metabolization of methadone. There were many errors made in my fiancé’s death including the fact that he was given numerous amounts of additive medications such as benzodiazepines.

Ron survived 3 days on a methadone/valium/klonapin combination. He was actually experiencing insomnia before falling asleep and never waking up.

I have come together with several other families throughout the U.S. and together we have created a petition for tougher regulations on methadone and proper education for physicians and staff.

I'm oh, so sorry for your loss, Melissa...Thankfully, your experience can do great things for the living, however.

There is an individual that I've been in contact with who is taking upwards of 20mg/day of Xanax and recently asked if METHADONE would help him wean off this deadly drug.

I hope you don't mind, but, I quoted your post in my answer to him, to warn him of the dangers of mixing Methadone with Xanax. It may well have saved his life, Melissa.

Thank you for being so strong and so honest.

My heart aches for you, sweetheart, as your loss has to have been quite devastating for you and yours.

PLEASE have a wonderful holiday season and know that you're thought of with great respect and affection.

love,

elly

quote:Originally posted by resist0r

As long as you have a tolerance to the 'done you should be ok.

I take all kinds of benzos and have no problems whatsoever.

About xanax, I have the new 2mg time released ones, I recommend them, they are excellent for anxiety.
    hI...just wondering what you meant when you said you were "taking all kinds of benzos." ????

elly

quote:Originally posted by HighingFly

Hey, I'm on methadone maintenance and have been for 3 months. I'm at 80 mgs, and have gotten there very gradually. Today I took 1.5 mgs of xanax. Than I read all these things online about people dying from the combonation. Most of those people were abusing methadone on the streets and taking lots of xanax. My body is used to the methadone, and the xanax was so minute. If anyone else has mixed these two successfully, please let me know. I feel completely fine now. I took the methadone around 7:45 am, and I took the xanax around 2:30. Should I be worried about going to bed tonight and not waking up? I also take seroquel to sleep, 300 mgs. Anyone out there know whats up?

Thanks.
    Writing just to say that 1.5mg of Xanax is NOT a "miniscule" amount>>>

please do not take that deadly combo of methadone and xanax>>>it"s just a stupid thing to do< to put it bluntly>>>AND YOU'RE CHEATING DEATH EACH TIME THAT YOU DO.

elly

quote:Originally posted by LovlyM

Wondering what year you graduated from medical skool?

elly

Melis11577 is offline Junior Member

I don't think you can take a methadone/xanax combo any more as prescribed other then the way my fiance died while inpatient ...please read my petition and you will see the other stories of people who have died with this combo or with methadone and anti depressants....anyway why would any want to take benzo's while on methadone they are highly addictive????

prttyhead is offline New Member

I have been doing some research on taking methedone and zanax together and have read all of your entries. What kind of state does taking these drugs together put you in. Is it a drowsy/zombielike state like LovlyM suggests? For those of you who take these drugs together and say [u]it's fine</u>, are you able to go to work? What about driving a car? I ask this b/c six months ago my 8 month old daughter and I were involved in a car accident with a man who in fact had both of those drugs in his system. My daughter was killed when he ran through a red light and hit us from the side causing my daughter to have such severe head injuries that she passed away the following day. They say I am lucky to be be alive. I tell you this b/c from what I have found that for those of you who take these drugs together and think it's fine, think that you are not only taking a risk of ending your own life but you might take the life of someone else. I will never get to see my baby girl grow up b/c this guy got behind the wheel of a [u]delivery van</u>no less and thought he had the green light. Think about it!

Et_Veritas is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by prttyhead View Post
    I have been doing some research on taking methedone and zanax together and have read all of your entries. What kind of state does taking these drugs together put you in. Is it a drowsy/zombielike state like LovlyM suggests? For those of you who take these drugs together and say [u]it's fine</u>, are you able to go to work? What about driving a car? I ask this b/c six months ago my 8 month old daughter and I were involved in a car accident with a man who in fact had both of those drugs in his system. My daughter was killed when he ran through a red light and hit us from the side causing my daughter to have such severe head injuries that she passed away the following day. They say I am lucky to be be alive. I tell you this b/c from what I have found that for those of you who take these drugs together and think it's fine, think that you are not only taking a risk of ending your own life but you might take the life of someone else. I will never get to see my baby girl grow up b/c this guy got behind the wheel of a [u]delivery van</u>no less and thought he had the green light. Think about it!
    Well im sorry for your loss but im so sick of people saying this is the worste drug just in this post alone I see like 6 people in here posting petitions to take action and so on. Methadone is hard to dose no matter what way you look at it. It stores in your fatty cells and releases slowly, even with proper training which for the most part most doctors get proper training in prescribing it now, or atleast that is the case in New Jersey now, but it is very hard to dose someone properly. And a study that was released fromt he FDA states that almost 69% of the death attributed to OD with methadone was from people not aking it as prescribed then stacking other meds on it. When you go to the clinic they specificly tell you not to mix other drugs. So if someone dies because they were mixing other medications on it then the harsh reality is then its there own fault not the drug. Now to the lady that said that her daughter got killed when the guy ran the red light, I know several people that take xanaxs with methadone which is prescribed, They have been in methadone maintence for almost 5 years and only take the xanaxs when absolutely neccesary or if they are going through bad panic attacks. All the bad publicity out there for methadone makes me sick and to these people that are trying to take class action saw suits aginst them because there loved one died, methadone is a great drug for the most part and has been around since world war 2. And has no received this much bad publicty ever since just recently and thats because it hit rich america and is now more rapidly being sold on the streets were rich kids think its cool to use as a recreational drug. So rather then trying to take away a real good cure why not do some actual research see how many people die a year per state from herion, and see how many people and lives they have ruined by staying on herion and then look to see how much methadone has helped people recover, and another thing before I go to the other people out there that say that its just replacing one drug for another. >> rather be on medicine that keep me somewhat stable, then having no money withdrawling from herion looking for people to rob.

Edit** I went off track to the lady that got hit by the guy that ran the red light, I got into a accident a year ago while I was on methadone too. I hydroplaned through a red light and crashed into it. The police officer did a test on me after he saw that I had a take home bottle of methadone in my vehicle. I of course tested positive for methadone in my system and I had to go to court for a year straight to beat the case to prove it wasnt the methadone that caused the crash, ive bene on methadone for a decade now. And it doesnt make me so I cant drive, rather then petitioning against somethign that is genuinly helpfull to alot of the addicted population why dont you use your time for more meaningfull cause such as getting the booze or liquor off the streets since it causes almost 5 times the amount of deaths a year? or perhaps rather then getting mad at methadon why dont you try and get some of the herion off the streets or the dealers or something that really matters not something that will never happen, they have already made it so that doctors that prescribe it have to know how to prescribe it and the dangers and so on. And they will never bann the use of methadone as a treatment for addiction or pain therapy as pretty muh stated by the FDA in the Supreme court case of the stat of MAINE vs Mthadone clinc located in Maine..
    Last edited by Et_Veritas; 03-19-2007 at 12:44 AM.

turbowife is offline New Member

Question

Hey guys, I just found this board looking for information regarding methadone and xanax because we just buried a 23 year dear friend this week. It seems their have been 5 deaths in a week in this county all under the age of 25.
    I can't say who was and wasn't abusing the drug, but 3 came from the local methadone clinic.
    I myself have taking methadone in pill form prescribed to me off and on for over 4 years and had taking xanax with them safely.
    I spoke with the detective and the counselor at the clinic and my friend had only been going for 2 weeks and was on 45mg. According to the counselor, someone who has had methadone in built up in the system can do OK with the "benzos", but like my friend who had not gotten build up yet they said a .5mg could be lethal to him.
    I have mixed emotions right now, because methadone has helped me so many times with pain and withdrawl from other pain meds, but I can't stand to see it killing this kids that think they are doing the right thing by going to to the clinics.

I hope this helps,
    Jen

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Alot of the clinics that I'm aware including my own methadone doctor won't give a patient methadone if they are on benzo's.It's just to risky.We have had alot of OD's due to benzo\methadone respitory failure, it's scary for sure.....Dave

Aaronva83 is offline New Member

I just wanted to say, of all these deaths, the people who died, died because they were ABUSING drugs. NONE of them took methadone and xanax that had been prescribed to them (because physicians almost NEVER do that), and I have NEVER heard of any detox program that gives methadone/xanax/klonpin. As one person said, most methadone clinics test you to make sure you aren't taking benzos, and if you are, they will kick you out. They will not even let you take them if they are prescribed unless it is for a very good reason and only on a rare occasion (you have to go to court and you have social phobia or social anxiety disorder, etc), and then only if the prescribed amount of benzo is very low.

I am truly sorry that your loved ones and friends died from abusing drugs. It does happen all the time with many prescription drugs. However, by attempting to make regulations on methadone harder, all you are trying to do is make it harder for the people who need the drug (most likely your loved ones who were abusing these drugs would end up needing it) to get it.

Malikai151 is offline New Member

Default methadone and xanax

I had a good friend that was in a methadone program. He mixed methadone and xanax and he just died 6 days ago. I would not recomend the mixture of the two. I wish he did not do this but he did and now he is gone.

JasonX is offline New Member

Dear HighingFly,

You should not use methadone and xanax together.
    May be it would be better to seek information on official sites (like this drugs ) that describe drugs interactions.
    Also any pharmacist can answer to your question.

Annalee is offline New Member

Default highing fly

Quote Originally Posted by HighingFly View Post

Thanks.
    OK I hoping you take into consideration ALL the posts here that have suffered a loss of some one! First off I want to say to all that have lost loved ones , I am so very sorry for you'r loss, each and every one of you. I actually hope so much that you(highing fly) name says alot also imo ...... read, and absorb all that these people are trying to tell you! Basically it boils down to ............do you want to LIVE, or DIE! It is really spelt out for you here what the dangers can be from that mixture. Please pray tell what ARE YOU going to do with this info??? Course if we do not hear back from you, well then what are we to think???????? Please listen to what has been told to you, maybe, just maybe one life can be saved. I say all this because I CARE! just like so many that have posted to you!

circa9870 is offline Junior Member

People here trying to ban methadone have no idea what they are talking about. I am very sorry for these people's losses but these petitions are completely rediculous and aimed at the wrong target. ALMOST ALL METHADONE DEATHS ARE PEOPLE ABUSING THE DRUG AND COMBINING IT WITH OTHER DRUGS (a polydrug overdose). Why then are all these overdoses attributed specifically to methadone. Why arent there more petitions to get alcohol (a major factor in most overdoses) 'off the streets', or why arent people trying to get Xanax or Klonopin or Valium or a whole ton of other drugs away from young people. Why because they want the most sensationalistic story they can get their hands on, and the facts dont matter. The fact that this MEDICATION that is being abused by these people has been around and been safely used since World War Two but somehow mysteriously for the lst 60 years of use it wasnt a 'deadly drug,' and then suddenly boom, oxycontin hits the streets and makes a splash and then for some reason methadone is deadlier than it was before.

It is no different than it ever was. There have been people abusing methadone for years. Yes there may be more now, but that does not make this medication any more dangerous, the fact is that these people are abusing the med, and we will never be able to stop people from abusing drugs, so therefore putting further restrictions on prescribing does nothing but hurt patients using this medicicine legitimately for pain or to get clean from drugs.Putting tighter restrictions on methadone will not stop drug abusers from doing their thing, but it will hamper patients from getting treatment. This is why I cant stand these crusades that people go on, drugs did not kill anyone, I do not mean to be harsh, but the reality is that people have to take the drugs in order for them to do anything. So the real cause of these people's deaths are themselves, do not punish pain patients and people trying to help their lives for other peoples mistakes.

GeorgiaGirl is offline Banned

Question Methadone + Xanax = Lethal

Greetings
    You are not on a high dosage of methadone but it depends on your tolerance to it. If you have built up a tolerance to methadone then you can possibly take a low dose of Xanax. You are adding Seroquel with it which adds to the danger and it is possible you might go to sleep one night and never wake up

Iam a Pharmacist and have been on Methadone Maintenance since 12/92.
    I started taking Xanax 1mg at bedtime in 2002 and now I am on 280mg of Methadone and I take it at 5:00AM in the morning and I take my xanax 1mg at 9:00 PM at night but I am taking it under a Doctor's Supervision. He didn't want to add anything else to mine.

Think you may be fairly safe with your methadone and Xanax but not all three unless you have a very high tolerance. There are many people that take the two together but under a Doctor's care and they will not give it to you unless you absolutely need it.
    Georgia Girl:
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-22-2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

GeorgiaGirl is offline Banned

Default Methadone + Xanax = OK

Melissa,

Yes, people die from taking the two because most of the Doctors are not educated enough to even prescribe. Most of the people that have died from it was taking it illegally. If someone is going to buy the drugs off the street and take them- they deserve to die. They know better but they don't choose to listen therfore you suffer the consequences of your own actions and please don't blame it on the medication. It is the person's fault that took the drugs illegally!

Melissa,
    It wasn't the drugs that killed your fiance and I am totally sick of hearing you say it. It was the Doctor you had and He was not even licensed to dispense methadone. Don't blame the methadone,blame the Doctor that you did not even check out. Doctors are only human beings,they are not God. You and your fiance naturally assumed they knew it all. Methadone didn't kill your husband, don't you see it was your Doctor and you are totally wrong .

Yes,there has been many people that has died and most of them caused it on their own selves and I do not feel sorry for them. I am a Pharmacist and I take 280mg of methadone daily with Xanax and have since 1993. I am not dead. I take it under a Doctor's Supervision and I never take any Doctor's word on medications because they don't teach them alot concerning them. Check with a Pharmacist or better yet go on the Internet and research it. Please do not tell me it can't be done. It is the only medication that stops my back spasms. Methadone and Xanax can be taken together.

You have an obsession and I don't care what your Counselor told you because whoever it is just being nice to you. My Psychiatrist and He is an Addiction Specialist also and I am sure Hehas many more degrees than the one you see- told me you were totally obsessed. You need to let your husband go because it was God that took his life. If you read your bible it says, "No one can take your life but God." Not even Satan has the power.

All you are doing is wasting your time and you won't ever get methadone stopped. It saves many more lives than it kills but it is evident you haven't done your homework. If you did get it stopped then they would only find another medication to take it's place. If the parents took the time to raise their children in the way they should go then they wouldn't be out on the streets taking illegal drugs and dying.

We are all tired of you except the parents whose children are dying and it is possible to take methadone and xanax together and I am much more qualified than you to make the statement. We have all caught you in many lies. You told me you weren't going on my website and printing all your stupid material.
    You lied and had half of the people on your website going on mine and printing all these lies when most of them had no qualifications to make any statements. You are just a lonely old woman that is totally obsessed with your husband's death. He died because he was addicted and you both didn't check out your Doctor.

The ones that should be remembered for dying is ones like my husband that died fighting for his country and was exposed to Agent Orange and because of it it ended up with Leukemia and suffered terribly but he served two terms in Vietnam. The ones dying over in Iran deserve to be remembered but I don't believe your fiance would have ever served his country and then what would you do if He had died because of your government -wage war against your Government because they used a drug called Agent Orange and knew exactly what it would do to the soldiers fighting in Vietnam. They didn't care if they killed the soldiers with Agent Orange. What possibly makes you think they care about your husband?

PLease don't speak out on issues you are not educated about.
    GeorgiaGirl

Let it be Melissa because we are sick of hearing your message and they all know how obsessed you are when they look at the website you built as a Memorial to your fiance.

Georgia Girl
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-22-2011 at 05:09 PM.

butchy yost is offline Member

It is a common practice amongst methadone users to take benzos. To them it is the closest feeling to getting high they can find semi-legally.(the meth from a clinic, benzos from the street or corrupt doc). Does this make it safe, hell no. But these are drug addicts we are dealing with. Safety is not on the top of their to-do lists. They are fully aware (for the most part), that this practice can be deadly, but most believe they know themselves well enough to know their limit or they just don't care.

Now before all the righteous come down on me, yes, I know there are plenty of methadone users who do not do this and are genuinely trying to straighten out their lives.

And to all of you who have lost loved ones (especially the baby girl), I feel for you. I too have just lost a very good friend to >>>>>>/alcohol/SEROQUEL poly od.(p.s. he was an incredible artist, Joey Semz, check him out on iTunes)

But it is just like anything else(drugs,alcohol,tobacco, even guns) it is not these substances that are doing the killing, it is the people using them. Rather than ban methadone or campaign against alcohol or benzos, if you really want to make a difference work on EDUCATION. The best way to address this problem (or any problem for that matter) is by educating people when they are young.
    Will this stop the problem completely? Of course not, but at least it will prevent death by ignorance.
    Last edited by butchy yost; 09-27-2007 at 09:05 AM.

Mike VG is offline Senior Member

Default Why?

Hope you don't mind me asking, but why are you taking Xanax?
    Mike VG

Malikai151 is offline New Member

Default methadone and xanax

To all the people who said you have to have a high tolerance to take Methadone and Xanax and nothing will happen. Your full of ********************! My boyfriend just died and he had a very big tolerance to opiates.

sammy6466 is offline New Member

Default Methadone

First and foremost to all you supposed experts would you please answer this? My husband was not a drug addict nor did he obtain any illegal drugs. He took it exactly as the pain doctor prescribed, his toxically done during his autopsy definitively shows that all levels of medication prescribed were at levels proportionate to the amount he was told to take. I usually would not address any one person's comment, however her lack of compassion, ego and ignorance has forced me to so. GeorgiaGirl you, yourself acknowledge that many doctors are not properly educated in prescribing it and yet they are doing so. Your ego and self importance blinds you to the fact that you are adding supporting evidence that Methadone absolutely needs to have stricter regulations. Perhaps you are familiar with the timeless saying I think she protests to much and yes GeorgiaGirl before you attempt to correct me, I want you to distinguish between a quote and paraphrasing, as is evident I am sure to you with all you vast knowledge are aware that is what I am obviously doing.

In regards to checking the doctors credential I need your assistance to identify when this became a prerequisite to obtaining medical care. Yet again just for your information I did in fact research the credentials and even obtain the AMA’s report on this doctor. Nowhere on either report did it state or imply the lack of education this doctor had regarding the dispensing of Methadone. Your argument that Methadone did not kill Melissa’s fiancé, but that the doctor did makes as much sense as the argument guns don’t kill people, people kill people. It is the age old question that perhaps someone as highly educated as yourself can answer. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? True both the gun and the Methadone alone, are inanimate objects incapable of being unassisted to cause harm. They can only do harm with assistance. Just as a killer would need to obtain a gun, a process that’s very easy, to kill so to the Methane needs a way which obviously is not to difficult in which to be obtained to cause harm. Regardless of you opinion, and yes GeorgiaGirl that’s all it is does not make my husband, Melissa’s fiancé and all the others who have lost loved ones to Methadone any less dead.

Regarding your psychiatrist and his specialty of addiction medicine tends to lay credence that yes you do in fact protest to much. Also if you are being truthful with the statement that your psychiatrist allegedly made about Melissa it is extremely unprofessional and uninformed. Once again if what you say is true then it is just another glaring example of the insignificance of degrees and my advice to you would be run, run very fast and don’t just walk away from your psychiatrist. In fact if what you say is true perhaps it would benefit you both to have shared, grouped therapy.

As you so elegantly quote the Bible as stating “No one can take your life but God” and for all intentional purpose one could assume you believe this to be true, then it is time to practice what you preach. If Methadone did not kill Melissa’s fiancé, now please allow me to point out your contraction but rather the doctor I am somewhat confused or maybe that’s you. In your own words doctors are not God, then can you please explain. While obviously no doctor is God why are you then admonishing Melissa that the doctor killed her fiancé. Remember no one but God can take your life. So why blame the doctor for Ron’s death and Agent Orange for your husband’s death when clearly neither of them are God.

While GeorgiaGirl you are so quick to point out others lack of qualifications, believe me when I tell you, a self professed Methadone user as you would say, I on the other hand would consider you an addict with your obvious lack of compassion and psychiatric needs is hardly qualified to dispense parenting advice.

In regards to your statement which once again is only your opinion about Melissa being a lonely old women obsessed with her husband, wrong again Georgia old girl, he was her fiancé and his death is obviously wrong. It is apparent to me GeorgiaGirl you are mirroring, a term I am sure you and your psychiatrist are very aware of and if you’re not, you definitely should be. Melissa is neither old, such as yourself given that your husband served in Vietnam and she is not obsessed with his death as you so clearly are obsessed with Methadone, your ego and self importance.

As far as who should be remembered would you please be so kind and indulge me? What qualifies you to determine this? You ignorantly assume that Ron would not have served his country but Georgia old girl I hardly believe although I may be wrong, that your husband willingly went to war. Was he not drafted and forced to fight in yet another senseless war, not once but twice, his two tours, not terms of duty. Another observation GeorgiaGirl I do believe you mean Iraq and not Iran. When did we start occupying Iran?

Sadly GeorgiaGirl your obvious bitterness towards your husband’s death and the statement about no one caring seems apparent you once again are mirroring. No one human being is any less qualified to be remember and cared about than the next and once again your ignorance and arrogance shines through.

Please do Melissa, me and many others who have lost a loved one to Methadone a favor. Remember silence is golden and you should take your own advice and cease to speak out about topics and issues you are so clearly uninformed and uneducated on.

And GeorgiaGirl you need to let things be, forgive yourself and stop mirroring. Do not resent that unlike Melissa you lacked the strength and courage she possesses and the fact that she is willing and able to draw public attention to the tragic plight of Methadone deaths. Not all people are able to do what Melissa does and if you could set aside your ego and arrogance you would appreciate her drive and not resent yourself for the lack of it.

Melissa’s website has no appearance of obsession rather it is a beautiful and touching tribute to the man she loves.

Perhaps your should make a website dedicated to the memory of your husband. You may find it quite cathartic.

To you Melissa keep fighting the fight and never allow anyone to tear you down.

P. Davis
    Last edited by sammy6466; 10-06-2007 at 10:38 PM.
    christopher72 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast